Remind me why we sacked pearson

archied

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Mac's been here a week, and has taken four points from three matches against top half opposition. Remind me how Wassall did after a week, and then how he did once the players started to work more towards his methods.

So what you are saying a weeks coaching is not enough time to show an improvement?

Ask Warwick if a week is enough time?

Yes I forgot all about the play off 1st leg against Hull.

Not blaming Mac, that blame lays elsewhere and not at Pearson door either.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have often said it on here but we have a team of average players. They have been average for a long time. They were average in 2013, but back then l sensed they wanted to be better, individually and as a collective. I don't get that feeling anymore.

A week is not enough time to rejuvenate a squad that was totally dejected by "the class act" That he has taken 4 points in that time is satisfactory to me compared to any 3 game period in Pearson's time here, who had a considerably longer time than many appear to be giving McClaren.

Pearson left by mutual consent after being suspended for off the field issues and he was ****

SM will bring the good times back. Give him time!! Takes a while to get back to where we were. We have a squad of players that are a strange mish mash of the ideas and personnel of Pearson/Clement/Clough/McClaren. 

A transfer window and a lot of coaching and we will be back.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

I have often said it on here but we have a team of average players. They have been average for a long time. They were average in 2013, but back then l sensed they wanted to be better, individually and as a collective. I don't get that feeling anymore.

Really does smack of the John Gregory era at the minute. 

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I think Mac got the best out of each player in one single season, possibly each player in that season reached their pinnacle, never being able to surpass it again.

Are we really back to where we were under NC?

11 minutes ago, toddy said:

So what you are saying a weeks coaching is not enough time to show an improvement?

Who is Warwick? Warwick Davis? Is this just small talk? :whistle:

34 minutes ago, toddy said:

What the hell has Warnock got to do with anything? Stuart Pearce started his Forest reign off with a better record than Warnock at Cardiff... But what the hell has that got to do with anything either...

Pearson was at fault for taking over a playoff side and having them in the bottom three after nine matches. Only an idiot would think otherwise, and I'm sure you're not one of those Toddy.

18 minutes ago, toddy said:

I think Mac got the best out of each player in one single season, possibly each player in that season reached their pinnacle, never being able to surpass it again.

Are we really back to where we were under NC?

I gave you a like for this Toddy, but l note you then added the last sentence afterwards.

I think Nigel went when our players/team at that time were close to their peak, and Mac was able to give them an extra shot in the arm. Perhaps a bit more belief, or just an opportunity to express themselves more.

Not too many of the players being picked at the moment however look like they can get better, in fact most appear to be on the way down for one reason or another, including Will Hughes. 

I personally remain unconvinced that Mac is the answer to our current situation; last time he rode the wave, and rode it well for a while, but l think he was very lucky in many respects that Nigel had put in the hard work.

This time around Mac has a very different set of circumstances, and the job at hand doesn't in my view suit his "pally pally" approach. For what worth I still think that we should have given Pearson a 'pressure free' year to rebuild, but l do accept that unlike many of you on here l don't feel obligated to go and watch the 'entertainment' on offer week in week out.

3 hours ago, archied said:

Oh yea that's right ,, he was rubbish ,as was clement and wassell and wassell with Harry and Steve Mac in the end of his last reign ,,, rebuild rebuild rebuild this group of players are nowhere near good enough ,, they fell short at their peak and are relegation candidates now , we have overrated them massively and we have gone through and are going through a string of managers in the belief that's it's the manager at fault ,, I've not been one who scapegoats any player but ffs don't ever put ince out there in a Derby shirt again ,, total waste af space and money 

Yawn 

2 hours ago, Gritters said:

The only way forward for this club is to forget the champagne Charlies that couldn't care less and get some proper hungry footballers in who want to win. Our downfall started the day we went for the likes of Bent.

dont get me started on bent.

the sooner his contract runs out the better 

I'd rather see a fit Zanzala, Bennett, rod, Jane or Freddie given the nod.

my heart sinks everytime he gets involved now.

he'll probably get a few goals at some point this season but he's one of the worst footballers Iv ever seen, and Iv see some rubbish watching this club over the years 

Archived