Not watched the last 4 games since Pearson sacked

Curtains

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

You do realiise Vivian Richards was a bloke?  Mind you I suppose it's hard to tell on teletext.

You do realise that WI is short for women's Institute which is in keeping with the topic? Of course not, you weren't there.

Feel free to talk about your interest in big dark skinned men though. Whatever floats your boat.

On 22/10/2016 at 19:55, toddy said:

If the players are good enough and you place a quality coach to work with them you should see results, you should see an improved performance, if are you are in any doubt - just look at Cardiff and Warnock-were below us now above us.......

You are reaching new levels of ridiculousness with your posts. So if we go back above Cardiff in the next few weeks does that mean McClaren is better than Warnock again?

On 22/10/2016 at 20:13, toddy said:

It is what I original said weeks/months ago, players have peaked and are not good enough.

A mass clear out is required and a new build required, my only concern is this will continue on till January, by then we could be in the bottom 3 and without another manager if Mel gets trigger happy.

We need to back Mac now give him time to get rid of most of the squad and rebuild with players that he wants, even if we do end up bottom 3.

Oh I thought you was saying Pearson was the man manager that we needed that would get the extra 10% out of the players (How you would do that with players who had already peaked I don't know).

Must have got you confused with another poster...

On 21/10/2016 at 01:37, wixman1884 said:

Hopefully we'll be able to put in a decent performance to cheer you up. I know you took the sacking of Pearson to heart - it's understandable as we all know how much you loved him (despite everything about his tenure here being absolutely catastrophic)

Were you able to get any sort of refund on your official Nigel Pearson bedspread, pajamas and lunchbox? 

Sorry I've only just seen this, but a Nigel Pearson interactive lunchbox sounds like the best thing ever.

Just imagine, you open the lid to access the cheese and ham sandwich inside, maybe nibble at the muffin or a crisp or two, then a flat Nottingham accent asks 'Should you be putting that in your mouth fatty, if you were my sandwich you'd never be near my mouth again whilst I'm in charge'!

'But Nigel, do you really think that's the best way to motivate me to eat healthier'?

'Less of your lip son, you might own this lunchbox, and provide its contents, but I decide what's going in your mouth, not you.'

'OK Nigel, in that case is there any chance of you providing a tasty lunch anytime soon, seeing as I've provided such tasty ingredients but the food is decidedly below average so far?'

'You cheeky git, have this nut as my leaving present'!

10 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Oh I thought you was saying Pearson was the man manager that we needed that would get the extra 10% out of the players (How you would do that with players who had already peaked I don't know).

Must have got you confused with another poster...

Most thought Pearson would come in and everything would fall into place, including yourself  - but the poor performances / results continued into this season. Remember Pearson said there was an issue within the team after the first game in August. 

The poor performances have continued more or less since January under Clement, Wassall, Pearson and now into Mac 's tenure.....is there a common denominator here? Yep, the players.

It a shame all those posters that blamed Pearson for all poor performances and results have all gone quiet now that Mac is here and its still continuing on.

But hang on a minute where are all those posters that kept saying  ''we finished 5th last season and only a few tweaks were needed to move us on''?

Everybody also keeps harping on about 13/14 season, FFS that was 3 seasons ago, those players were in an average side under NC, Mac came in with a few tweaks and got that bunch to the heady heights of 3rd and a playoff final. Those heights have never been reached since.

We were an average side under NC until Mac came in and got that bunch playing to their max ability, unfortunately we are back down to being an average side.

Mac is going to have to clear out all the dead wood and rebuild -

12 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

You are reaching new levels of ridiculousness with your posts. So if we go back above Cardiff in the next few weeks does that mean McClaren is better than Warnock again?

Again,

You never read what is actually written.

Nobody said Warnock was better than Mac? I actually said was

''If the players are good enough and you place a quality coach to work with them you should see results, you should see an improved performance, if are you are in any doubt - just look at Cardiff and Warnock-were below us now above us''.......

I was using Warnock as an example.

1 hour ago, toddy said:

Most thought Pearson would come in and everything would fall into place, including yourself  - but the poor performances / results continued into this season. Remember Pearson said there was an issue within the team after the first game in August. 

The poor performances have continued more or less since January under Clement, Wassall, Pearson and now into Mac 's tenure.....is there a common denominator here? Yep, the players.

It a shame all those posters that blamed Pearson for all poor performances and results have all gone quiet now that Mac is here and its still continuing on.

But hang on a minute where are all those posters that kept saying  ''we finished 5th last season and only a few tweaks were needed to move us on''?

Everybody also keeps harping on about 13/14 season, FFS that was 3 seasons ago, those players were in an average side under NC, Mac came in with a few tweaks and got that bunch to the heady heights of 3rd and a playoff final. Those heights have never been reached since.

We were an average side under NC until Mac came in and got that bunch playing to their max ability, unfortunately we are back down to being an average side.

Did I? Good luck in finding a post where I said that.

The only things I ever really mentioned in relation to Pearson were all the reasons given why he should have been appointed when you lot were trying to hound out Wassall, the most notable being that if we had instated him in February he would have got us promoted...so sure you can understand if people expected him to have an immediate effect.

Maybe people have '''gone quiet" because our points return has improved in the 10 or so days that Mac has had to work with the players? Who knows, improving results may lead to improved confidence and improved performances, just a thought.

You kind of admit that it was this coach that can get the best out of players and yet you are on his back after 3 matches and calling for him to have a complete clearout?

Wow.

15 minutes ago, toddy said:

Again,

You never read what is actually written.

Nobody said Warnock was better than Mac? I actually said was

''If the players are good enough and you place a quality coach to work with them you should see results, you should see an improved performance, if are you are in any doubt - just look at Cardiff and Warnock-were below us now above us''.......

I was using Warnock as an example.

Well I'm not really sure what point you are making then because results have definitely improved since NP and I doubt that you have seen any of Cardiffs performances, other than beating a Forest team that is in its annual freefall.

27 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Did I? Good luck in finding a post where I said that.

The only things I ever really mentioned in relation to Pearson were all the reasons given why he should have been appointed when you lot were trying to hound out Wassall, the most notable being that if we had instated him in February he would have got us promoted...so sure you can understand if people expected him to have an immediate effect.

Maybe people have '''gone quiet" because our points return has improved in the 10 or so days that Mac has had to work with the players? Who knows, improving results may lead to improved confidence and improved performances, just a thought.

You kind of admit that it was this coach that can get the best out of players and yet you are on his back after 3 matches and calling for him to have a complete clearout?

Wow.

Trying to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear very rarely works.

Not on Mac's back - never have been, see 'Return of the Mac' thread.

I mainly pointing out we have had 4 managers and more or less the same players perhaps and the performances/results have not really changed, so maybe the players are the issue. And I don't buy the excuse they are not trying, maybe they not really good enough?

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

Trying to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear very rarely works.

Not on Mac's back - never have been, see 'Return of the Mac' thread.

I mainly pointing out we have had 4 managers and more or less the same players perhaps and the performances/results have not really changed, so maybe the players are the issue. And I don't buy the excuse they are not trying, maybe they not really good enough?

Make your mind up, you said he got a bang average team to the heady heights of 3rd.

So which is it?

Is he a good coach that can make a good team out of average players or;

Do we have good players that out last 2 permanent managers have failed to get their potential from.

3 hours ago, toddy said:

Wassall turned results and performances around. We won five and drew two of our last nine games, five of those nine games were against top six teams. 

We did only need a few tweaks, we haven't been tweaked though, we've been mutilated…

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Make your mind up, you said he got a bang average team to the heady heights of 3rd.

So which is it?

Is he a good coach that can make a good team out of average players or;

Do we have good players that out last 2 permanent managers have failed to get their potential from.

We were no more than an average team under NC - a couple of tweaks by a great coach and hey presto you got a team possibly playing to 100% of their ability and in turn this breeds confidence. Most of that team has gone and those that are left are possibly not as good as they once were [this was 3 seasons ago].

We unfortunately have replaced the squad of 13/14 with arguable less quality than before ,with the likes of Camara, Blackmann , Bent, Weimann etc

Mac is a great coach but even a great coach has limitations - silk purse and pig ear.......

40 minutes ago, cannable said:

Wassall turned results and performances around. We won five and drew two of our last nine games, five of those nine games were against top six teams. 

We did only need a few tweaks, we haven't been tweaked though, we've been mutilated…

That's why we have failed under Clement, Wassall, Pearson and going into Mac part 2 - tweaks was not the answer.

Under Wassall there were some good performances, but some truly awful ones also.

Pearson came in and identified a problem within the players in the first game and used confidence as a fall back from last seasons failure. Was it really confidence or quality?

4 managers, same players - no consistency since January.

Are you saying all 4 managers were to blame?

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well I'm not really sure what point you are making then because results have definitely improved since NP and I doubt that you have seen any of Cardiffs performances, other than beating a Forest team that is in its annual freefall.

I was fortunate to watch the Bristol City game....:thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

That's why we have failed under Clement, Wassall, Pearson and going into Mac part 2 - tweaks was not the answer.

Under Wassall there were some good performances, but some truly awful ones also.

Pearson came in and identified a problem within the players in the first game and used confidence as a fall back from last seasons failure. Was it really confidence or quality?

4 managers, same players - no consistency since January.

Are you saying all 4 managers were to blame?

I would say that as two of those managers were apparently parted company with because of internal disciplinary issues with them, one was a temporary manager and the current incumbent has only been there for 2 or 3 weeks, I would probably say that the players have not had it easy either. For the most part, we have some very good players who have suffered from inconsistencies with the manager / head coach roles.

Archived