Jump to content

Player Performance Ratings - Sky Bet Championship & FA Cup


RamsPolls
 Share

Recommended Posts

Derby County v Brentford (H).

Half time score - 0-0

Full time score - 0-0

Starting XI

Scott Carson

Cyrus Christie 

Richard Keogh

Alex Pearce

Chris Baird

Bradley Johnson

Will Hughes

Jacob Butterfield

Tom Ince

Ikechi Anya

Matěj Vydra

Subs who played

Criag Bryson

Johnny Russell

Darren Bent

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My player ratings of the game;

Scott Carson - 7 - Made some vital saves and a world class one in the first half to keep the scores level. Poor distribution on the night, Needs to release the ball quicker to break on teams.

Cyrus Christie - 5 - Had a poor night, didn't do anything defensively wrong but lacked going forward.

Richard Keogh - 8 - Had an excellent night, made some good challenges and kept Scott Hogan in his pocket. Solid.

Alex Pearce - 9 - MOTM. Had a brilliant evening, Made some vital late challenges. Distribution excellent all night.

Chris Baird - 7 - Solid all night until coming off. Did a Scholes esc pass to Christie from left to right but other than that not much going forward but kept their winger quiet all night.

Bradley Johnson - 6 - Another good performance from Johnson, looks comfortable in that CDM role. Needs to improve his tackling though, one or two times their midfield drifted passed him.

Will Hughes - N/A - Came off within 25 minutes due to a back problem. Would be unfair to judge him on that.

Jacob Butterfield - 7 - Had a very good evening again, linking up play well and having a few pops at goals. Needs to move the ball quicker though.

Tom Ince - 6 - Didn't do much all night, Didn't do anything wrong but didn't set the world alight. Needs to take on his man more and get to the bi-line. Too predictable when cutting inside.

Ikechi Anya - 8 - Best attacking player on the night, Needs to improve his end product as he gets himself into good areas but can't deliver the right shot or cross.

Matěj Vydra - 6 - Ran all night long, didn't link up play as much as needed. Needs to work on coming close to the ball and then spinning off the defence in behind. Too often that he just runs in behind asking for the perfect pass to be threaded through.

Subs who played

Craig Bryson - Cam on early for Hughes and in my opinion, Criag had his worst game in a Derby shirt. Barely made it passed the midfield to support Vydra. Numerous times he passed it straight to the opposition.

Johnny Russell - 7 - Came on second half for Chris Baird and we put Anya at LB with Russell LW. Had a good first 10 minutes on the pitch, intercepting play and running direct at their full back. After that period though he went quiet and didn't really see much of him after 80 minutes.

Darren Bent - 6 - Came on late for Vydra. Won a few headers but was caught offside AGAIN, I know he has lost his pace but he can't keep going early to make up for not having the pace he once did. Didn't really do much else.

Overall - We didn't do enough to win the game but at the same time we could have lost that game. Good point against a well drilled Brentford side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday (H)

Half time score - 1-0 - Christie (17)

Full time score - 2-0 - Pearce (67)

Starting XI

Scott Carson

Cyrus Christie 

Richard Keogh

Alex Pearce

Marcus Olsson 

Bradley Johnson

Jamie Hanson

Jacob Butterfield

Tom Ince

Johnny Russell 

Darren Bent

Subs who played

Max Lowe - Replaced Johnny Russell in the 96th minute

Ikechi Anya - Replaced Tom Ince in the 88th minute 

Matěj Vydra - Replaced Darren Bent in the 84th minute.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My player ratings for the game - 

Starting XI

Scott Carson - 9 - Clear MOTM. Made some unbelievable saves to keep it at 0-0 in the first 10 minutes. Stopped a point blank shot from Kieran Lee and then made a great save to stop a header straight after. When we were 1-0 up he made some great saves to keep it at 1-0. If we didn't have him in goal on Saturday we could have easily lost 3-0 that day. 

Cyrus Christie - 7 - Massive improvement on his last 2 games. McClaren really seems to have boosted his performance having spent a week with the team. Christie looked like a new player wanting to impress his new fans. Lots of energy and also releasing the ball at the correct times. Bit disappointed with his celebration as it looks like he was having a dig at his critics. But other than that, a very good day for the young man. 

Richard Keogh - 8 - Great performance by the captain. He is looking very solid with Pearce by his side. He did everything correctly and may even be giving Carson a run for his money for the Goalkeeper position... "Great block with his chest" as Alex Pearce said. Very impressive yet again from Keogh.

Alex Pearce - 9 - If Carson hadn't have had a worldy performance, Pearce would have been my MOTM. Did everything right and more. He was impressive defensively, good distribution with the ball and even contributed with a goal. His celebration just shows how much he is enjoying his football with the first team at the moment. Genuine passion and happiness is coming from that man and long may it continue.

Marcus Olsson - 6 - Had a fairly average game, Nothing special but nothing horrendous. Needs to get up and support Russell more when going forward and needs to improve on his crosses and get more of them in. Olsson hasn't really hit the heights that he did late last season and needs to pick himself up otherwise he might find himself on the sub bench with Max Lowe replacing him.

Bradley Johnson - 7 - Had another solid game, Played further forward than he has been in recent games but still came back to help Hanson in the defensive positions. Really seems like he wants to impress the fans again and wants to be at this club. 

Jamie Hanson - 6 - Fairly good game for Hanson. Didn't do anything wrong but could improve on breaking up the play. When George Thorne is fit, Hanson could learn a lot from him. He needs to improve on not chasing shadows and predicting the play. Too many times on Saturday the ball was just passed round him or the player just wandered pass because he dropped his shoulder.

Jacob Butterfield - 7 - Had a solid game this week compared to a poor game away at Huddersfield. Linked up play well with the 2 wingers and brought the full backs into play most of the time. The pace of his game improved also, didn't really stop and dwell on the ball for too long, quick passing was excellent on Saturday. 

Tom Ince - 8 - Very impressive. Looked like the Tom Ince of old, the one who was on loan here and wanted to prove a point. Constant threat going forward and even helped out defensively more often than not this week. Looks like he is enjoying his football again and McClaren can get the best out of him. 

Johnny Russell - 7 - Work rate was brilliant, Don't think I ever saw him stop running. He does need to improve on his end product still, I know we have been saying this season after season but Russell hasn't got the end product of a top quality winger at this level. But he does make up for it in work rate. Good performance Saturday but needs to be more composed and pick the right pass at the right time. 

Darren Bent - 7 - I think everyone was a bit shocked to see Bent in the Starting XI. But he took it with both hands and played a very good game. Won a lot of the headers he was asked to, Played nice little balls around the corner to play Ince & Russell in. Good game for Bent. 

Subs who played

Max Lowe - Replaced Johnny Russell in the 96th minute - 6 - Didn't have much impact coming on with 2 minutes to play.

Ikechi Anya - Replaced Tom Ince in the 88th minute - 6 - Didn't have the best of impacts, Brought on really to see the game out. Ran his socks off as always. Good work rate and attitude is what we need from our players and Anya is a prime example.

Matěj Vydra - Replaced Darren Bent in the 84th minute - 7 - Had a good impact when coming on for Bent, Was involved in a few decent chances but couldn't convert any of them unfortunately. Him and Butterfield seem to be linking up very well.

Overall - 8/10 Team performance - Other than the first 10 minutes of the game, the defence was solid and didn't look to be in danger with all their fire power. Midfield also looked solid with the odd miss placed pass or tackle. Attack looked positive and glimpses of what McClaren can bring to this squad. This squad can product much better performances than it did on Saturday also. Looking good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday (H)

Half time score - 1-0 - Christie (17)

Full time score - 2-0 - Pearce (67)

Starting XI

Scott Carson - 8 MOTM

Cyrus Christie - 7

Richard Keogh - 7

Alex Pearce - 8

Marcus Olsson - 6

Bradley Johnson - 7

Jamie Hanson - 6

Jacob Butterfield - 7

Tom Ince - 7

Johnny Russell - 7

Darren Bent - 8

Subs who played

Max Lowe - Replaced Johnny Russell in the 96th minute - 6

Ikechi Anya - Replaced Tom Ince in the 88th minute - 6 

Matěj Vydra - Replaced Darren Bent in the 84th minute. - 7

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scott Carson - 8  Kicking was better and he made some vital saves.

Cyrus Christie - 8  Not a massive fan but he was much better .

Richard Keogh - 7  Steady and works well with Pearce.

Alex Pearce - 8  Solid again and topped it off with a goal.

Marcus Olsson - 6  Don't really have much to say, not poor, not great.

Bradley Johnson - 7  Good performance again he's getting some form going.

Jamie Hanson - 6  Okay performance, needs a few games in the team to get some form going.

Jacob Butterfield - 7  Much better today, forward passing and drove forward with the ball.

Tom Ince - 7  Great first half. Would have gave him an 8 but he dropped off a little in second half.

Johnny Russell - 6  Run a lot like always but not much end product.

Darren Bent - 8  Don't recall an offside might be wrong so that was much better and his first touch and hold up play was great.

Subs who played

Max Lowe - N/A  Came on too late to comment.

Ikechi Anya - N/A  Came on too late to comment.

Matej Vydra - 6  Again came on late but took the ball in the corner and won a foul to waste some time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday (H)

Half time score - 1-0 - Christie (17)

Full time score - 2-0 - Pearce (67)

Starting XI

Scott Carson- 8.5/10 MOTM key saves at 1-0 just before we scored our second effectively killed off Wednesday.

Cyrus Christie- 8/10 grabbed a goal from a corner that he won, looked confident. Better defensively.

Richard Keogh- 7/10 standard Keogh, made impressive blocks

Alex Pearce- 8/10 standard Pearce, grabbed a goal and solid defensively

Marcus Olsson- 4/10 didn't offer much defensively or offensively. Max Lowe will take his spot.

Bradley Johnson- 6/10 put himself about and is improving on the ball. Make us more solid at set pieces.

Jamie Hanson- 5/10 maybe a bit overwhelmed in midfield, still showed he can move the ball quickly.

Jacob Butterfield- 6.5/10 unlucky not to score, still lacks the confidence or know how to play the killer ball that Bent/Vydra thrive on.

Tom Ince- 7/10 started on fire and out in good set pieces all afternoon. Wasn't as good in second half but a big part of our counter-attacking.

Johnny Russell- 6/10 offered nothing in first half, but doesn't have a decent full-back behind him. Better in second.

Darren Bent- 7/10 got good balls played into him and was an effective outlet for holding the ball up. More involved in the game than usual, intelligent with possession. Mature performance.

Subs who played

Max Lowe - Replaced Johnny Russell in the 96th minute- NA

Ikechi Anya - Replaced Tom Ince in the 88th minute- NA

Matěj Vydra - Replaced Darren Bent in the 84th minute- NA but showed glimpses. Still not having the ball played into him when he makes a run, feel his frustration.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Derby vs Sheffield Wednesday (H) 

Half time 1-0 Derby Cyrus Christie (17th Minute) 

Full Time 2-0 Derby Alex Pearce 

Scott Carson 9 played really well and made some excellent saves to stopped opposition team scoring.. His reactions near the end was brilliant. 

Cyrus Christie 10 Wow what a performance I felt that it was his best game of the season so far, good goal and made some excellent runs.. That cross in first half (the one Benty chance) was something else.. Hopefully we'll see more of this performance again. 

Richard Keogh 9 Solid performance for the finest defender who kept their attacking quiet and made a excellent blocking in the first half. 

Alex Pearce 9 Solid Performance and a good goal too. Kept their attacking quiet just like Keogh did. At the moment Pearce deserve to keep his place. 

Marcus Olsson 6 Did okay, didn't do much, will improve his game IMO. 

Jamie Hanson 7 Did alright for us, was unlucky not to scored in 2nd minutes in the first half what a powerful strike that was wow.. He'll get better and improve more. 

Bradley Johnson 10 What can I say??? Excellent performance for the player who did the business for us. My MOTM. 

Jacob Butterfield 9 He was great and done the business for us, drove forward with the ball and made a some great passing. 

Tom Ince 7 Did good and caused Wednesday left back a problem. Incey will get better and better when things clicks IMO. 

Johnny Russell 6 Did okay for us to be honest.. 

Darren Bent 8 I thought when team announced that it was ridiculous to started Benty but he did very well fair play to him and also he was unlucky with that header from Christie cross.. 

Subs

Max Lowe N/A replaced Johnny Russell at 96th minutes. 

Ikechi Anya N/A replaced Tom Ince

Matej Vydra Replaced Darren Bent at 84th Minutes and did alright  unlucky not to score from the corner and made some runs that no one see him..

Hopefully this is what you want to hear from me. @RamsPolls

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

we had something like 38% possession, and people are giving out 10/10?? really!?

We beat Nottingham Forest 5-0 couple of years ago..... Craig Bryson scored a hat trick. Probably his best ever performance in a Derby shirt and quite rightly a 10/10 performance.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We got 41% in that game.

Really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

we had something like 38% possession, and people are giving out 10/10?? really!?

It's called OPINIONS. Don't cry if you don't like it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/31/2016 at 09:47, RamsPolls said:

My player ratings for the game - 

Starting XI

Scott Carson - 9 - Clear MOTM. Made some unbelievable saves to keep it at 0-0 in the first 10 minutes. Stopped a point blank shot from Kieran Lee and then made a great save to stop a header straight after. When we were 1-0 up he made some great saves to keep it at 1-0. If we didn't have him in goal on Saturday we could have easily lost 3-0 that day. 

Cyrus Christie - 7 - Massive improvement on his last 2 games. McClaren really seems to have boosted his performance having spent a week with the team. Christie looked like a new player wanting to impress his new fans. Lots of energy and also releasing the ball at the correct times. Bit disappointed with his celebration as it looks like he was having a dig at his critics. But other than that, a very good day for the young man. 

Richard Keogh - 8 - Great performance by the captain. He is looking very solid with Pearce by his side. He did everything correctly and may even be giving Carson a run for his money for the Goalkeeper position... "Great block with his chest" as Alex Pearce said. Very impressive yet again from Keogh.

Alex Pearce - 9 - If Carson hadn't have had a worldy performance, Pearce would have been my MOTM. Did everything right and more. He was impressive defensively, good distribution with the ball and even contributed with a goal. His celebration just shows how much he is enjoying his football with the first team at the moment. Genuine passion and happiness is coming from that man and long may it continue.

Marcus Olsson - 6 - Had a fairly average game, Nothing special but nothing horrendous. Needs to get up and support Russell more when going forward and needs to improve on his crosses and get more of them in. Olsson hasn't really hit the heights that he did late last season and needs to pick himself up otherwise he might find himself on the sub bench with Max Lowe replacing him.

Bradley Johnson - 7 - Had another solid game, Played further forward than he has been in recent games but still came back to help Hanson in the defensive positions. Really seems like he wants to impress the fans again and wants to be at this club. 

Jamie Hanson - 6 - Fairly good game for Hanson. Didn't do anything wrong but could improve on breaking up the play. When George Thorne is fit, Hanson could learn a lot from him. He needs to improve on not chasing shadows and predicting the play. Too many times on Saturday the ball was just passed round him or the player just wandered pass because he dropped his shoulder.

Jacob Butterfield - 7 - Had a solid game this week compared to a poor game away at Huddersfield. Linked up play well with the 2 wingers and brought the full backs into play most of the time. The pace of his game improved also, didn't really stop and dwell on the ball for too long, quick passing was excellent on Saturday. 

Tom Ince - 8 - Very impressive. Looked like the Tom Ince of old, the one who was on loan here and wanted to prove a point. Constant threat going forward and even helped out defensively more often than not this week. Looks like he is enjoying his football again and McClaren can get the best out of him. 

Johnny Russell - 7 - Work rate was brilliant, Don't think I ever saw him stop running. He does need to improve on his end product still, I know we have been saying this season after season but Russell hasn't got the end product of a top quality winger at this level. But he does make up for it in work rate. Good performance Saturday but needs to be more composed and pick the right pass at the right time. 

Darren Bent - 7 - I think everyone was a bit shocked to see Bent in the Starting XI. But he took it with both hands and played a very good game. Won a lot of the headers he was asked to, Played nice little balls around the corner to play Ince & Russell in. Good game for Bent. 

Subs who played

Max Lowe - Replaced Johnny Russell in the 96th minute - 6 - Didn't have much impact coming on with 2 minutes to play.

Ikechi Anya - Replaced Tom Ince in the 88th minute - 6 - Didn't have the best of impacts, Brought on really to see the game out. Ran his socks off as always. Good work rate and attitude is what we need from our players and Anya is a prime example.

Matěj Vydra - Replaced Darren Bent in the 84th minute - 7 - Had a good impact when coming on for Bent, Was involved in a few decent chances but couldn't convert any of them unfortunately. Him and Butterfield seem to be linking up very well.

Overall - 8/10 Team performance - Other than the first 10 minutes of the game, the defence was solid and didn't look to be in danger with all their fire power. Midfield also looked solid with the odd miss placed pass or tackle. Attack looked positive and glimpses of what McClaren can bring to this squad. This squad can product much better performances than it did on Saturday also. Looking good.

Sorry but a 7 for Christie makes your whole post not worth reading. Ridiculous. If there was a player in the league who performed better on the day, I'd like to see it. His only error was not scoring a  second goal. 9 or 9.5 minimum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Sorry but a 7 for Christie makes your whole post not worth reading. Ridiculous. If there was a player in the league who performed better on the day, I'd like to see it. His only error was not scoring a  second goal. 9 or 9.5 minimum.

Felt he had a very good game Saturday. But just my opinion, didn't think he did anything more than is expected of him apart from score a goal.

The celebration annoyed me so probably took into consideration.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Felt he had a very good game Saturday. But just my opinion, didn't think he did anything more than is expected of him apart from score a goal.

The celebration annoyed me so probably took into consideration.

You need to go back and re watch the game ... the play that led to the goal was all him tioo. And he manouevered very difficult situations. The run the moves winning the corner ... that's the winning goal for the record.  Carson was solid but then again so was Pearce and pearce scored . Those three were the best players that I agree with but Christie was a different class all game long.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Felt he had a very good game Saturday. But just my opinion, didn't think he did anything more than is expected of him apart from score a goal.

The celebration annoyed me so probably took into consideration.

So it is alright when 20,000 fans give him stick every week, but when he gives any back it is wrong?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

So it is alright when 20,000 fans give him stick every week, but when he gives any back it is wrong?

The celebration in which he cupped his hand to his ear… around four seconds after people were singing his songs… fans are so precious aren't they? Anything to get offended about.

Remember the **** Martin got for his celebration against Brighton? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.