The best way to reach the Premier League is...

leemark

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, leemark said:

...to have come from it.  Newcastle and Norwich first and second.  Becoming nigh on impossible to compete with the Parachutists...that is the harsh reality...seems unfair TBH and not a level playing field...

We had our Parachute payments over 8 years ago and blew it all mostly on the wages of utter dross so we cant complain at all on that front.  

The top two this year (Norwich and Newcastle) are probably the best the Championship has seen in some time. Remember when it was Cardiff and Hull? Seems a long time ago now.

Parachute payments help, but I feel it's more the state of the club which demonstrates potential. Norwich have yo-yoed and still have the core of a strong team while Newcastle are simply better than the rest.

I actually look at Newcastle and Norwich and feel they're currently better than Sunderland, Burnley and Hull. I think it's just one of those years this season, similar to when Newcastle and WBA were in here.

We really missed the boat last year with some rubbish teams going up,

21 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The top two this year (Norwich and Newcastle) are probably the best the Championship has seen in some time. Remember when it was Cardiff and Hull? Seems a long time ago now.

Parachute payments help, but I feel it's more the state of the club which demonstrates potential. Norwich have yo-yoed and still have the core of a strong team while Newcastle are simply better than the rest.

I actually look at Newcastle and Norwich and feel they're currently better than Sunderland, Burnley and Hull. I think it's just one of those years this season, similar to when Newcastle and WBA were in here.

Can see the Toons breaking the pts total this year.

Some of us last season said it was the season to get out of the championship and also in the summer that it would be harder this season with the 3 that came down.

The gap is getting bigger.......

Football will always always have fantasy stories. 

Right now you've got Bournemouth in the PL with the Champions Leicester City. 

And new teams will always reach the PL and relegated teams will always sink into the Championship. 

Norwich came down in good shape. They didn't panic in the PL.

Newcastle have Rafa Benitez. A bloke of vast experience. I don't know much about the players and system they use but I would guess they've recruited to fit and they've bought the best they can. 

Villa are the most established PL side. And they look quite ordinary at this level. 

There is a gap. Obviously. The idea of a football pyramid is so you play at your level. But I wouldn't start feeling down about it. It's not a departing ship. This year a new team will get promoted. And a new team will come down. 

How often have all 6 promoted/relegated teams been the same teams in reverse the previous season? Has it ever happened?

The difficulty this season is that Norwich came down with a very decent squad but didn't need to sell anyone due to the huge parachute money in the end they sold one but instantly replaced him, Newcastle sold plenty made a profit and seemed to have bought well but they do have rather a good manager and could easily cope with a huge amount of injuries, villa look like they are chaotic with lots highly paid un-working players currently and are likely to stop down but next season would be different.

next season we will be visited again by hull Sunderland and a. n other and it all seems to start again.

• 3 months later...
On 10/19/2016 at 04:40, Bris Vegas said:

And in 2013/14 when rubbish teams like Leicester and Burnley went up!!!!:))

Archived