Goals...

"One noticeable aspect of McClaren's Derby team was the way in which they played. In 2013/14, they were the top scorers in the division, and in 2014/15 they outscored every play-off team barring Norwich. Their tallies of 84 and 85 goals scored under McClaren dropped to just 66 goals scored last season, and the less said about the Rams goal scoring exploits in the current campaign the better."

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/10/13/why-steve-mcclaren-is-a-good-appointment-for-derby-county/

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Martin is the finest example of this, the Scotland international notched 40 goals in 80 games under McClaren, compared to just 15 goals in 61 appearances without the former England boss. Martin is currently out on-loan at Fulham, but there had been talk of a return to the iPro for the 27-year-old, and one suspects that's something McClaren would be keen on.

Got to say that even 15 in 61 isn't to be sniffed at! But 40 in 80 is crackin' #BringtheWardrobehome

He said it himself that we've kind of lost our way a bit.

We were a footballing team and an exciting team. Even when we struggled we still scored. 

If Mac never gets us out this division then I just hope he develops and leaves that sort of team behind again. And if it goes that way then I hope the next bloke is more similar to Mac than Clement. Although Clement wasn't too bad. Can be harsh on him sometimes. 

Just maybe follow Mac up with someone less unknown. Someone with a similar history. Like Pep...

Hoping Mac can go all the way this time though. Learning from a few errors such as toying with defenders and worrying about clean sheetzzz

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

We were a footballing team and an exciting team. Even when we struggled we still scored. 

If Mac never gets us out this division then I just hope he develops and leaves that sort of team behind again. And if it goes that way then I hope the next bloke is more similar to Mac than Clement. Although Clement wasn't too bad. Can be harsh on him sometimes. 

Just maybe follow Mac up with someone less unknown. Someone with a similar history. Like Pep...

Hoping Mac can go all the way this time though. Learning from a few errors such as toying with defenders and worrying about clean sheetzzz

When he left last time we were absolutely primed to kick on. The squad was full of young talented players who played football with a certain style and a concrete footballing identity. Then it was spoiled through rank awful transfer activity and negative management.

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Quite a good article from hitc considering their normal standards that was haha, clearly shows how our attackers have lost their way, hopefully Mac will now get the best out of those players plus our new talented players like vydra 

If we go into all out attack mode, Vydra will have a field day in this division. 

I think it's good news for Hughes, Bryson, Russell, Vydra, Anya...well.....all the attacking players!

I think it's bad news for Richard Keogh....I think his vein pooping out his head look as teams find our defensive shambles looking ooh so inviting will rapidly return.

But hey, a 3 all draw is more fun than a nil nil!

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Has someone been on that Whacky Baccy again?

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think it's good news for Hughes, Bryson, Russell, Vydra, Anya...well.....all the attacking players!

I think it's bad news for Richard Keogh....I think his vein pooping out his head look as teams find our defensive shambles looking ooh so inviting will rapidly return.

But hey, a 3 all draw is more fun than a nil nil!

I'm hoping for at least another 4-4 at Huddersfield next Saturday. 

Easily my favourite topic. Goals win matches 

Never liked the 1-0 to the arsenal mentality. 

442 / 433, passes completed, tackles made, assists .. Yeh yeh 

To be honest I am not really bothered as long as we hit the back of the net multiple times per game and one more time than they do the hey what's to worry about ? 

Right .. Going to bed before I say anything else too gung Ho or happy clappy ... Night everyone 

Archived