The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't buy the line that they don't play him because they are preparing for life without him , that's just total daft , no team chasing promotion near the end of the season leaves a player they feel can help them gain that promotion as they don't think he will be there next season 

"Barely touched it today" ?

Nugent had 35 on Friday night. Now this isn't knocking him, thought he was brilliant. Just highlights what some fans see and how the contract issue has probably skewed a few views. 

Same game Aluko 59 and Kebano 31

IMG_1882.PNG

IMG_1881.PNG

11 minutes ago, David said:

"Barely touched it today" ?

Nugent had 35 on Friday night. Now this isn't knocking him, thought he was brilliant. Just highlights what some fans see and how the contract issue has probably skewed a few views. 

Same game Aluko 59 and Kebano 31

Am I misreading that but it says Martin had 47 touches? The Fulham fans views are skewed by the fact CM isn't nor doesn't want to be their player, plus the usual he's fat, lazy and mardy stuff.

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Am I misreading that but it says Martin had 47 touches? The Fulham fans views are skewed by the fact CM isn't nor doesn't want to be their player, plus the usual he's fat, lazy and mardy stuff.

To be fair you could flip the situation round and we would be saying exactly the same things.

Still makes me chuckle. The fact he's their top goalscorer, misses a chance and he's doing it on purpose to help us. 

Martin could score a hat trick of own goals each week but unless we win all 7 it won't help us in the slightest 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's correct and one of those 47 touches was when he got up off his backside and laid the ball back into the path of Aluko who scored the winner.

On 31/03/2017 at 22:36, rynny said:

He did say in post match interview that he would have liked to have had a big target man on the pitch tonight. Think that suggests he knows what he wants and how he is going to fit him in.

I'm looking forward to next season. I think he will rotate between the 2 because for 4-2-3-1 to be successful you really need a runner up front leading the press. The best team I've ever seen use 4-2-3-1 was the Bayern Munich treble winning team of 12/13. Mario gomez scored 41 goals for Bayern the season before but was replaced by Mario Mandzukic as the main starter for Bayern because of his pressing abilities and as the season went on the Bayern manager kept rotating between the 2 to make the team less predictable. Incidentally Bayern were tippy tappy the season the season before they won the treble then the following season they played aggressively, remind you of anyone :thumbsup: Rowett seems to like the more aggressive side of the game in terms of pressing whereas McClaren seemed to want patient build up.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

That's correct and one of those 47 touches was when he got up off his backside and laid the ball back into the path of Aluko who scored the winner.

Yes I saw that, but I was wondering if I'd missed the point of the original post, tbh I'm not sure what it was.

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes I saw that, but I was wondering if I'd missed the point of the original post, tbh I'm not sure what it was.

@David had put a picture of a Fulham fan's post of their forum saying Martin had barely touched the ball and sayimg he was rubbish, so he put the stats up to show that he touched the ball more times than 1 of the other Fulham strikers and 6 less times than Aluko who touched it the most. So basically it was a fulham fan producing #toddyfacts to back up his no existent point.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

David had put a picture of a Fulham fan's post of their forum saying Martin had barely touched the ball and sayimg he was rubbish. So he put the stats up to show that he touched the ball more times than 1 of the other Fulham strikers and 6 less times than Aluko who touched it the most. So basically it was a fulham fan producing #toddyfacts to back up his no existent point.

Ah #toddyfacts, of course!

Derby were at their best with Martin upfront, pressing high with Bryson, Ward and Russell backing him up.

It was Clement who started to draw us away from this, and you could tell Martin was frustrated by it as he became so isolated upfront.

I think you are mistaken if you don't think Martin suits an aggressive or more direct side. His best seasons came via that style, and GR will know that hence why he is looking forward to his return

FFS, reading the above posters we have gone back to 2013/14 yet again.

Now where's that DeLorean, :lol:

Martin this Martin that, yet he has still scored less than our winger this season :lol:, and that is in a team that is currently in the play offs.

Remember Martin has consistently scored fewer goals each season since 13/14 and you still want him back. :lol:

If they keep him now how will you survive the wrist slashing? :lol:

6 minutes ago, toddy said:

Martin this Martin that, yet he has still scored less than our winger this season :lol:, and that is in a team that is currently in the play offs.

Remember Martin has consistently scored fewer goals each season since 13/14 and you still want him back. :lol:

when he comes back here,will you(and ninos)??

of course ninos will have no choice but to fully support martin as it will have been a decision made by his god,the mighty rowett and he is a master tactician/after dinner speaker and his word and decision making is sacrosanct.

which should be interesting.

you are a free spirit however toddy,so carry on.

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

YAWN ON!!! If you keep repeating the same thing, it doesn't make it anymore plausible. :console:

Archived