Bacon sandwiches

jono

Stive got me on this one when he said on the space travel thread what are we here for anyway ?

what sort of a bacon butty person are you ?

i flip between one of two .. Both having unique selling points

1) butter and nothing else. 

2) dip and burnt bits with Heinz tomato ketchup 

of course there are some Cheffy variants ..

A) Almost burnt caramelised fresh tomatoes that have been cooked with the bacon and forming part of the dip/jus

B) the addition of a split sausage or a slash of mustard / brown sauce

a common factor is the need for basic cheap squishy commercial bread such as warburtons sliced toasty .. I love quality authentic food real home made bread, things without additives etc etc ...but a pre footy / day slogging in the garden / big DIY project  energy giving butty has a rule book all of its own

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, jono said:

And presumably a Belgian beer made by Trappist monks 

In an ideal world, yes - but for the next 17 months I still have to get up in the morning and go to work.

Don't eat bacon anymore (more to do with welfare standards than cancer) but I did used to love a bacon sanger.

Thick spongy bread (don't eat that anymore either boohoo) no butter, then tommy sauce and away you go.

Anyone had that vegetarian bacon stuff that resemble real rashers? My good God.

Anyway, another delightfully random thread which is one thing I'm beginning to love about this place.:thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

I dont know why or when it started but every christmas morning I have white bread, butter on 1 slice, crispy bacon, and a big dollop of mayonnaise on the other slice.......

Bacon sandwiches are the best sandwiches in the world. I enjoy them in various ways. A particular favourite, though more for lunch or tea than breakfast, is buttered white bread ketchup and coleslaw. Ketchup on top coleslaw on bottom. Never mix

20 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Bacon sandwiches are the best sandwiches in the world. I enjoy them in various ways. A particular favourite, though more for lunch or tea than breakfast, is buttered white bread ketchup and coleslaw. Ketchup on top coleslaw on bottom. Never mix

Bob man, youve gone too far. Ketchup and coleslaw......

When I was younger and following my home club every week, we used to stop at a truckers cafe. The bacon rolls were superb. Massive white rolls (cobs) stuffed with bacon straight out of the deep fat fryer, burnt to a crisp. Shed load of tom sauce which had been watered down with viniger. Heaven... and the ideal way to line the stomach. 

3 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Bob man, youve gone too far. Ketchup and coleslaw......

When I was younger and following my home club every week, we used to stop at a truckers cafe. The bacon rolls were superb. Massive white rolls (cobs) stuffed with bacon straight out of the deep fat fryer, burnt to a crisp. Shed load of tom sauce which had been watered down with viniger. Heaven... and the ideal way to line the stomach. 

Don't knock it till you try it fella. Yours sounds rather delicious too. Crispy bacon.

Archived