Bacon sandwiches

jono

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Bob man, youve gone too far. Ketchup and coleslaw......

When I was younger and following my home club every week, we used to stop at a truckers cafe. The bacon rolls were superb. Massive white rolls (cobs) stuffed with bacon straight out of the deep fat fryer, burnt to a crisp. Shed load of tom sauce which had been watered down with viniger. Heaven... and the ideal way to line the stomach. 

There was a caravan on a link road between J24 and J25 of the M62 .. I could never figure how they could make money .. You got SO much bacon .. Hot, dripping  and falling out of a big cob. That was so good on a cold early morning 

16 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:
1 minute ago, jono said:

There was a caravan on a link road between J24 and J25 of the M62 .. I could never figure how they could make money .. You got SO much bacon .. Hot, dripping  and falling out of a big cob. That was so good on a cold early morning 

Mine was called "The Horn" between Dundee and Perth. By that time we would be 4 cans down and dying for a slash and starving at around 10am. Good times. 

(If I'm making)

Large white soft roll, buttered with salted butter, 3 rashers of bacon, fried egg, black pudding, brown sauce.

(if I'm not making)

bacon roll brown sauce will do me. There's a butchers in Arnold that does a great bacon roll for £1, cheapest I've found on the wrong side of A52

13 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

I dont know why or when it started but every christmas morning I have white bread, butter on 1 slice, crispy bacon, and a big dollop of mayonnaise on the other slice.......

My christmas bacon is the stuff which was layered on the turkey when it was roasting.

10 hours ago, Malagaram said:

Seems no one seems worried about cancer of the colon then !

I'm half-worried I might get cancer of the semi-colon

Archived