Beer Thread

Cisse

I've seen that Tesco sell Sierra Nevada, but no Tesco I've been in seems to. Odd.

I'm a bit confused with RevelDevil referring to Lefe Brune as 'Dark lager' though, not a term I'm familiar with.

RD - if you can find any Rochefort Trappist 6, 8 or 10 then pick some up - especially the 10.

Eddie will tell tons of others

A few worth searching out (oh, I heartily agree with the Rochefort Trappist 10 - magnificent)...

Kwak

Struise Pannepot

St Bernardus Abt 12

Abbaye des Rocs Brune

Gulden Draak

Gouden Carolus

Achel

Corsendonk Agnus

Straffe Hendrik Quadrupel

Duvel Tripel Hop

Also, Leffe Brune is a top-fermented Abbey beer, and definitely NOT a dark lager. There is such an animal (back in the 19th century all lagers were dark).

Examples: Porterhouse Vienna, Zatek, and if you want a smoky dark lager, Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier

We went to an AGM tonight in a local pub.

I had a couple of Beck's lager free alcohol (0.05% proof)

Wife doesn't drink either and had a J2O.

We got talking to the band as they were setting up and they played "I saw her standing there" "Purple Haze" and "Pinball Wizard" for me as a sound test. Great music!

I bought my wife (non-drinker like me) a half of a local brew called "Sunbeam" 4% proof. It had a gorgeous hint of citrus fruit.

The last local brew she tried was at Christmas "Piddle in the Hole" so called (no, stop trying to write the script!") because it is brewed locally in Wyre Piddle.