Beer Thread

Cisse

13 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I have set myself a challenge for 2016. A New Years resolution. 

I am going to drink more different beers this year than there are days in the year.. So far I have tried 32 different ones so I am slightly behind but I have the Super Bowl to bump up that total for me on Sunday! I will keep you up to date with my progress. 

I read the last bit as ..

'will you keep me up to date with my progress' ..

Went to the beer festival today in Asheville I mentioned and had a great time.Tried several different beers I had never had before and for the most part all were pretty solid.My favourites were:

Wesser Evil Porter(Lazy Hiker Brewing)-Very nice porter.

Belgian Tripel(Boojum Brewery)-Very good and strong.

Oyster House Ole Dirty Blonde(Oyster House Brewing)-Very solid.

And yes @reveldevil had a Pig Pounder Extra Special Pig,pretty good I must say.

On 06/02/2016 at 02:03, eddie said:

Worth it.

Try the An Brain Blasta

Saw it, declined as at over 7%, it failed my lightweight definition of a breakfast beer.

Loved the pub though, looking forward to spending a lot more time there soon!

20 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Saw it, declined as at over 7%, it failed my lightweight definition of a breakfast beer.

Loved the pub though, looking forward to spending a lot more time there soon!

It was the first pub we visited when we (Memsahib, me, No 1 son) did the Porterhouse pub crawl a few years ago. Pint and a trip around the cellars in Porterhouse Covent Garden, tube to Heathrow, flew to Dublin, caught the bus to Drumcondra, strolled along the canal (pausing for a moment's contemplation at the statue of Brendan Behan) to Glasnevin, pint in the Porterhouse North, another bus to O'Connell Street, picked up a few pals we had arranged to meet in Porterhouse Temple Bar, pint there (naturally), walked to Porterhouse Central (opposite Trinity College), dinner and a pint (naturally) there, bus to Bray where we finished the evening off at the Porterhouse Inn where we stayed for 4 nights.

You couldn't do them all in one day now, because they have opened one in Cork (still possible - just) - but the pub crawl killer is their other bar - it's in New York.

bb1.jpg

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 15:15, MuespachRam said:

I have set myself a challenge for 2016. A New Years resolution. 

I am going to drink more different beers this year than there are days in the year.. So far I have tried 32 different ones so I am slightly behind but I have the Super Bowl to bump up that total for me on Sunday! I will keep you up to date with my progress. 

What a fantastic challenge!

Good luck.

I'm at the National Winter Ale Festival later this month (at the Roundhouse, Derby) and will attempt "The most different beers in 5 hours challenge"

:blink:

3 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

What a fantastic challenge!

Good luck.

I'm at the National Winter Ale Festival later this month (at the Roundhouse, Derby) and will attempt "The most different beers in 5 hours challenge"

:blink:

Nice one. Have a couple for me. I stumbled upon an offie over here that sells 1200+ different beers...so I shouldn't be struggling for choices...just time.! 

20 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Marlborough produces world class Sauvignon Blancs. Cloudy Bay and Villa Maria are out of this world.

Seen them mentioned in the Tesco reviews, which generally seems to place this right up there alongside...

http://www.tesco.com/wine/product/details/default.aspx?id=251108915#RR

It's my favourite white wine so far