McClaren on QPR radar

King Kevin

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think QPR are probably in a mess as club.  They have spent big money (transfer fees & wages) on poor players and have a bloated overpaid and under performing squad.

To be a success there he probably needs Nigel Clough to take over for 5 years, half the wage bill, bring some cheaper, hungrier players in, establish an extensive scouting network of the Kilmarnock area and bring a couple of promising midfielders through.

Then he'd be a success until he had his head turned by a bigger club.

I'd welcome McClaren back in a heartbeat, despite everything that went on.  I remember being excited going to matches under McClaren, not that we were always great but we knew 9 times out of 10 we would be entertained.  So far under Pearson I am bored and don't actually look forward to matches at the moment.  I know it's probably wrong to feel this way but I have never felt so disillusioned as I do now.

2 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I think QPR are probably in a mess as club.  They have spent big money (transfer fees & wages) on poor players and have a bloated overpaid and under performing squad.

To be a success there he probably needs Nigel Clough to take over for 5 years, half the wage bill, bring some cheaper, hungrier players in, establish an extensive scouting network of the Kilmarnock area and bring a couple of promising midfielders through.

Then he'd be a success until he had his head turned by a bigger club.

sounds a bit close to home that statement :ph34r:

If your missus cheated on you would you take her back? Don't think I could, wouldn't feel the same despite how good she may be in bed. Same thing with McClaren.

QPR would be getting a decent manager, good luck if his head is turned by a better looking woman tho.

56 minutes ago, David said:

If your missus cheated on you would you take her back? Don't think I could, wouldn't feel the same despite how good she may be in bed. Same thing with McClaren.

You Mrs never cheated on you though. She only moved in with another bloke after you kicked her out and filed for divorce.

It's a terrible analogy anyway. Football managers aren't, and shouldn't be required to, take vows saying "till death do us part".

38 minutes ago, Anon said:

You Mrs never cheated on you though. She only moved in with another bloke after you kicked her out and filed for divorce.

It's a terrible analogy anyway. Football managers aren't, and shouldn't be required to, take vows saying "till death do us part".

She was sexting him, still cheating.

Analogy is fine.

I'm fine with managers wanting bigger better things, shows ambition, all this wanting him to declare his love for Derby was just silly.

We've been there tho, he had his chance, wanted to leave, waited for the push and pay off. End of an era.

Time to move forward, would never be the same.

I suspect he'll fail and it'll be curtains on his serious career as a manager.

He tends to succeed when he can get on a good thing and ride it, where there's an OK situation that some good coaching could improve.

He's pants when he has to "manage" things.

However, I've had my fill of laughing at him at "toon" and if he goes there don't particularly wish him ill.

17 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Correction, they would be getting a decent coach, but a poor manager 

Managed to get us the closest we've been to promotion whilst playing the most entertaining football we have seen since Jim Smith.

Can't be that poor.

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I suspect he'll fail and it'll be curtains on his serious career as a manager.

He tends to succeed when he can get on a good thing and ride it, where there's an OK situation that some good coaching could improve.

He's pants when he has to "manage" things.

However, I've had my fill of laughing at him at "toon" and if he goes there don't particularly wish him ill.

In his own words:

'The next step in the future will be as a chief executive or sporting director, or even running my own club,' McClaren was quoted as saying by BBC Sport.

'To do that I had to acquire different skills and go back to school. It's probably old age. I always wanted to coach and manage. I know that won't last forever.

'I still have a few years left in me yet on the field.'

Sounds like he is going to have one last crack at managing and then take the ball and start his own club instead.

On 9/22/2016 at 13:36, David said:

QPR would be getting a decent manager, good luck if his head is turned by a better looking woman tho.

I'd get her in bed all worked up then gob on her and walk out ,that'll teach her.

2 hours ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

I don't think he could be hard/ruthless enough to be a CEO of a big club. Maybe he could do well with a smaller operation. (Would be nice to see York City sorted).

From the sounds of it he might even start his own club - would love to see "Steve's-nage FC" or "Mclaren Dons" winning the Premier League in a few years. 

On 22/09/2016 at 13:36, David said:

McClaren was sacked by Derby wasnt he . he didnt resign. anyway I cant say how i would react if my missus cheated on me. Hillary Clinton is still married after all. 

31 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

McClaren was sacked by Derby wasnt he . he didnt resign. anyway I cant say how i would react if my missus cheated on me. Hillary Clinton is still married after all. 

He was, but the powers that be believed McClarens heart was elsewhere....the North East. 

Archived