If Joey Barton is sacked would you take him?

JG400

9 hours ago, David said:

No.

no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

No.

So what are you saying?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Can you link us to Gerrards conviction for assault? 

I thought he was found not guilty?

That's right he was charged but then it eventually got dropped, my mistake, I looked at the earlier telegraph date but the cctv showed that Gerrard still threw a number of punches so the original point still stands that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

That's right he was charged but then it eventually got dropped, my mistake, I looked at the earlier telegraph date but the cctv showed that Gerrard still threw a number of punches so the original point still stands that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover

It wasn't dropped, he was tried by a jury of his peers and found not guilty.

5 minutes ago, RamuelLJackson said:

Similar but different, yes. So when you said "Steven Gerrard got done for assault" you meant "Steven Gerrard was found not guilty of affray". Got it.

Nope, I was aware about the difference between affray and assault. They were separate charges, my memory of the events is a bit hazy though which is why I forgot the charges for assault got dropped, He was originally charged with assault, that's why it went to the magistrates in the first place! 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Not quite but he has been barred from a number of pubs in Suffolk because of his aggressive behaviour and has also been charged with assault in the past. No-one mentions this now because of his success for us.

I'm having trouble finding a link for this assault charge too. Did you mean affray? This is getting complicated.

2 minutes ago, RamuelLJackson said:

Ah he pushed someone over. That is almost the same as stubbing out a cigar on someone's eyelid.

Both were years ago and I don't hold it against either person. I judge player's on what I see on the pitch, not the negative things that go on off the pitch. He showed genuine compassion and regret for his passed actions, that's enough for me.

14 minutes ago, RamuelLJackson said:

Ah he pushed someone over. That is almost the same as stubbing out a cigar on someone's eyelid.

Read Barton's view on the incident: Sounds like more of a freak accident that he managed to get him in eye. I know if someone tried to set me on fire, I wouldn't be very pleased so I can sort of understand both players' reactions. I'm not saying the kid deserved it, but don't go around setting a player's shirt on fire but then again it did seem to be a ritual there.

http://www.joeybarton.com/jamie-tandy-and-the-cigar/

Archived