Get behind the team and stop trying to prove who's right .

Curtains

14 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well listening to Ramage on RD atm he thinks there shouldn't be a problem with the players dealing with the fans booing!

"dealing with" is one thing, "being able to perform during" is a totally different matter.

14 hours ago, curtains said:

The next caller said booing helps nobody at all. 

14 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Was the next caller an ex-footballer?

I seem to recall Ramage having some right **** games when the fans got on his back in the early 90s.

13 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

When the team start playing well we won't have any need to criticise them or boo if you're so inclined. I don't know about anyone else but when the teams playing well I'll praise them, and if they're not- like now, I'll criticise them. So if the overpaid pansies can't take a bit of criticism, then they need to sort their **** out and start playing like a 40 million pound team and not a ******* Sunday league team from the local pub, and give us something to cheer about!

very simplistic and selfishly entitled point of view. Since when has money meant more than ability. These footballers are human, and there are better footballers out there, earning more money, having cost more, who will also succumb to the pressures of **** fans like you. Look at Villa and Newcastle last season.

My opinion is that at certain times, the players NEED the fans to become supporters. They need a lift. 

I think perhaps you should find a new hobby if you cannot accept players struggling.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

curtains, there are no hard feelings mate. It's just a place we come to chat. 

But if you or others call down the 3 previous seasons then you are going to find people there to defend those managers, players, matches because by modern standards it was a strong Derby County. And those same people aren't too hot on what's happened to that team. 

And it's cool if you or anyone else thinks it needs rebuilding. Who knows for sure? Nobody. But you can't ask for faith or no moaning when there's been a lot of backward movement and pretty much nothing anywhere in terms of improvement. Blackman is probably the highlight of this season so far. He's gone from being abused to ignored pretty much. 

Plenty let their frustration out over the last 3 seasons. But mostly the folks whinging now didn't because they were happy enough with the direction. Now they're restless because they are confused. Anyone who can moan about the last 3 years of "failure".... c'mon, this is failure right now. Failure to get any of our players doing what they did for 3 seasons. 

But don't assume these people take their frustration to the stadium. This is the place of a rant for many. Because the stadium is supposed to be a place the players can enjoy it only leaves this forum.

I understand fans upset at the performance but boing isn't going to improve or help matters.I hope and wish all fans encourage the team and see how they are 5 or 6 games more.Then I will think we will get nearer to where we want to be  I still think we may need to move a couple of cm on and get a vandelann or a geraint Williams type player in to progress though. I am sure he knows this but players need to be sold to do this because of ffp.Who knows we may even find some hidden gem from lower leave or abroad coyr

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

curtains, there are no hard feelings mate. It's just a place we come to chat. 

But if you or others call down the 3 previous seasons then you are going to find people there to defend those managers, players, matches because by modern standards it was a strong Derby County. And those same people aren't too hot on what's happened to that team. 

And it's cool if you or anyone else thinks it needs rebuilding. Who knows for sure? Nobody. But you can't ask for faith or no moaning when there's been a lot of backward movement and pretty much nothing anywhere in terms of improvement. Blackman is probably the highlight of this season so far. He's gone from being abused to ignored pretty much. 

Plenty let their frustration out over the last 3 seasons. But mostly the folks whinging now didn't because they were happy enough with the direction. Now they're restless because they are confused. Anyone who can moan about the last 3 years of "failure".... c'mon, this is failure right now. 

But don't assume these people take their frustration to the stadium. This is the place of a rant for many. Because the stadium is supposed to be a place the players can enjoy it only leaves this forum.

Cheers Alpha I do respect other people's views because if I didn't I wouldn't be reading this forum. 

Your  a good guy Alpha and I know I come across as a bit controversial at times but I'm sure we all want the best for DCFC you and me included. 

I can't actually believe I'm saying this but:

I saw some promising signs on Saturday... Thought it looked a bit dis-jointed... But when 3 of our 4 'forward' players were on their first start that's fairly normal... Think Anya looked good... And I didn't really think Newcastle troubled us too much... A WOEFUL piece of defending from Wilson for the first goal (which could be from being new?) and the second was because we'd thrown everything forward for an equaliser...

I think maybe I've just given up SO much now that anything seems positive... I'll probably be happy now if we finish top half...

12 minutes ago, curtains said:

Cheers Alpha I do respect other people's views because if I didn't I wouldn't be reading this forum. 

Your  a good guy Alpha and I know I come across as a bit controversial at times but I'm sure we all want the best for DCFC you and me included. 

Hey I said before that there's never ever any hard feelings from me. We can debate for days and at the end of the day it's all ****** not worth stressing over. It's some blokes on a field with a ball. 

I can take it if we can't agree. But I wouldn't like to think I've made anyone feel like they can't post their opinion or debate. 

Depends how seriously we take all this. I'll post something as if I'm saying it. Just fire it out like we're best mates in a pub. But always it's meant to be taken exactly like that. Like I'm your mate in the pub. Back and forth all day long and no one gets offended. 

None worry brudda. 

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Hey I said before that there's never ever any hard feelings from me. We can debate for days and at the end of the day it's all ****** not worth stressing over. It's some blokes on a field with a ball. 

I can take it if we can't agree. But I wouldn't like to think I've made anyone feel like they can't post their opinion or debate. 

Depends how seriously we take all this. I'll post something as if I'm saying it. Just fire it out like we're best mates in a pub. But always it's meant to be taken exactly like that. Like I'm your mate in the pub. Back and forth all day long and no one gets offended. 

None worry brudda. 

Quit talking ******** and go and get the drinks in...

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

My parents have supported me all of my life, didn't mean they couldn't say when I was doing something wrong...

Booed is thicker than water?

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Bradley Johnson and Jason Shackell definitely get worse when fans are on their back 

In that case they shouldn't give us fans the chance to get on their back.

If they did what they were so well paid to do then we would have no need to moan.

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

"dealing with" is one thing, "being able to perform during" is a totally different matter.

I seem to recall Ramage having some right **** games when the fans got on his back in the early 90s.

very simplistic and selfishly entitled point of view. Since when has money meant more than ability. These footballers are human, and there are better footballers out there, earning more money, having cost more, who will also succumb to the pressures of **** fans like you. Look at Villa and Newcastle last season.

My opinion is that at certain times, the players NEED the fans to become supporters. They need a lift. 

I think perhaps you should find a new hobby if you cannot accept players struggling.

I didn't mean that the money is representative of how well they should play, rather that they ARE good players, we know they are, we've seen it before- that's why we paid so much for many of them, because their clubs wanted to keep them.

It's a vicious circle, of course it's difficult for players to sort form like this out when they're under so much pressure to perform, but equally it's very difficult for fans to get excited when there's nothing to cheer about.

For your information I would never get on the teams back unless I feel they're not putting in 100% effort. I can accept Saturday because they tried, just struggled to perform it happens and that is when the players need support. If they don't try however that's another story is what I'm getting at

Is it just me that thinks fans have been ok so far this season? I don't hear hardly any booing at the home games, think everyone wants us to do well and willing to give some time

Has been frustrating and is starting to look slightly worrying, think met three league games will tell us a lot. Ipswich, Bristol and Blackburn all winnable games. 

26 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

FFS these players are £££££ a week, do you really think many of them give a **** about a few boos, moans and groans?!?!

13 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

In that case they shouldn't give us fans the chance to get on their back.

If they did what they were so well paid to do then we would have no need to moan.

Two ignorant and unintelligent posts on the spin there DerbyRam1.

Perhaps engage your brain and apply some logic. Firstly, this is not about how much money they earn, it shouldn't be a factor, if you're not just lying to avoid criticism, then what you are pretending to ask for is effort and performance, and in asking for those, it shouldn't matter if the player is the best paid at the club, OR the apprentice/academy player on £55 a week making debut, so here in lies the problem/question, is it effort you want to see? Well, I haven't seen any lack of effort, and anyone saying they have is a liar. What we are missing is actually execution, not effort.

Players may be "going through the motions", but the effort is still there. SO that leads me to why isn't the effort being transformed into performance? This is where the booing and groaning comes in. We know these players can perform, and we have seen it, so what is the difference? I've been saying it for 2 years nearly, the "Feelgood factor" is the difference. It wasn't there under Clough, the performances were sporadic, it was there under McClaren at the beginning, the performances improved, it disappeared under McClaren in line with the Newcastle thing and has been missing ever since, and so have consistent performances.

SO your second post I've quoted just screams of you petulantly saying "I pay my money, I want to see wins". Sorry kid, it don't work that way. You pay your money to watch 90-ish minutes of football. There is no guaranteed standard, no guarantee of goals, skill, effort, flair or anything, and similarly those players are so well paid to do just that, play football. Anything else is in YOUR mind. The moaning is YOU, not them. They enter the field of play and play for 90 minutes, they are doing what they are paid well to do. Show me where it says they are paid for anything different.

Archived