The Wedding Present

Inverurie Ram

On 26/10/2019 at 19:32, SchtivePesley said:

Really not sure about that chorus - the rest of it is good, but I saw someone say elsewhere that it sounds like a Sham 69 chorus haha

They are in session on Marc Riley next week - maybe they will play it - I know they plan to do a cover of Magazine's Song From Under the Floorboards

Wedding Present are great. 

New song is a bag of 

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/10/2019 at 10:06, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Did anyone see them at Confettis in 88/89? Lost my watch and my glasses that night.

I was in a queue behind Grapper and had a word in the Leeds Unibranch of the midland bank in 1989. Not a great anecdote to be honest.

Always thought of them as I drove past Churchill Gardens. 

Everyone who goes to watch the weddoes now looks like David Gedge!

I almost did....and got my story in their book about It.... went to confettis and as I was waking up to the door a kid stopped me and said they aren’t letting anyone in under 18...and my fake id didn’t pass the test...so I went home without seeing them!! 

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I almost did....and got my story in their book about It.... went to confettis and as I was waking up to the door a kid stopped me and said they aren’t letting anyone in under 18...and my fake id didn’t pass the test...so I went home without seeing them!! 

Hate to rub salt in the wounds but I was 17 and got in without any bother. 

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I am still bitter about it....I had my favorite black roll neck on too...I looked st least 14..!

It was a good gig!! If anyone else was there and found a watch with a brown strap I would like it back please! Went to see them at rock city a couple of years ago. Think the gig was filmed for the film that is referred to in this thread. I loved that album. Music can hold so many memories and this is one of those albums for me. 

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Best thread on here....after the flags one of course. 

For that sir, enjoy some classic t-shirts. I have the originals of the cartoon and the balloon shirts, plus loads of others but I wish I'd bought the George Best one back in the day. Hope your Bizarro cycling shirt is a good fit.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

22 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

For that sir, enjoy some classic t-shirts. I have the originals of the cartoon and the balloon shirts, plus loads of others but I wish I'd bought the George Best one back in the day. Hope your Bizarro cycling shirt is a good fit.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I had the balloon one. Went a bit yellowy and rotten under the arms. Still have the original felt, house of love and pixies t shirts though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...