Need for speed....

REDCAR

Let's be honest, the current speed up the pitch is none existent. Keogh gambles every now and then and goes for a little run at the oppo. Now we have Vydra, Weimann, Anya, Russell, Ince.... all pretty quick lads who will run at defences. For me this is a new approach to our play as personally I think build up play is sooooooo slow. When Thorne is back, he will get the ball up to William, who himself is no slow coach.... with all those options in front of him (whoever Pearson plays).... exciting times ahead fellow Rams. Bring it on! ?✌?️

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And when will thorne be back????? Without him Hughes is sat so bloody deep he can barely pass it to the strikers. It might mean shackell's lumps forwards might become 50:50 balls though! 

I'm not writing it off yet as I will give Pearson time, but I'm anything but excited.

Exactly - it's all about the speed now:

Carson

Christie   Keogh   Shackell   Olsson

Thorne   Hughes

Ince   Vyrda   Anya

Wilson

I don't think Vydra is a 10. From everything I've read he likes to be on the shoulder of the last man and is more explosive than wily.

The only players we have who could possibly do that role well are Butterfield and maybe Hughes. Ince's passing and movement aren't good enough. And before someone links it, his one assist last season to set up Russell doesn't trump the countless times he's been ineffective there.

So either we play 2 up front or we're quite possibly lacking a creator.

5 minutes ago, mumblemumble said:

Exactly - it's all about the speed now:

Carson

Christie   Keogh   Shackell   Olsson

Thorne   Hughes

Ince   Vyrda   Anya

Wilson

So the basic plan is, Hughes or Thorne picks the ball up, the front four all run away as fast as they can, so Hughes or Thorne either lump a hopeful ball over the top, or pass it backwards.

I like pace, I like it a lot, defenders don't and that's why I like it. Last time we tried it was with Robinson and Tyson, the good old days....ahem. 

I'm excited but nervous, scared and worried, nobody likes change, I barely change my underwear, it's a new era, we either get behind it or boo it, can't bring myself to boo so I'm left with no choice.

Interesting times ahead.

The old plan has been placed in the paper shredder, we're not tweaking anymore we're rebuilding, I was sold on the tweaking thanks to Miley Cirus and Mel, I'm still puzzled as to what has caused this complete change of direction. No going back now. As a great manager once said...it is what it is.

If we play to a system that suits our players then fine, I can accept that. I can't accept performances so far where we are passing the ball to players like Ince and expecting him to beat 4 players before he can get in to a position to do anything with it.

I think the signings we have made will allow Pearson to set us up in a system he wants to play. I hope we see improvement as a result.

34 minutes ago, David said:

I like pace, I like it a lot, defenders don't and that's why I like it. Last time we tried it was with Robinson and Tyson, the good old days....ahem. 

I'm excited but nervous, scared and worried, nobody likes change, I barely change my underwear, it's a new era, we either get behind it or boo it, can't bring myself to boo so I'm left with no choice.

Interesting times ahead.

The old plan has been placed in the paper shredder, we're not tweaking anymore we're rebuilding, I was sold on the tweaking thanks to Miley Cirus and Mel, I'm still puzzled as to what has caused this complete change of direction. No going back now. As a great manager once said...it is what it is.

This is what people do to nipples and cars.

Miley Cyrus twerked with Robin Thicke.

Had a bit of a play, and no, Carson doesn't now sit on top of the North East Stand!

I am struggling to get Bryson in the team..... not sure why, but he isn't the creative one, and could be deemed "lightweight" if alongside Hughes.

Thorne injured means someone has to play CDM if we play that formation.... is that man Johnson? I'm not so sure.

Anya at full back instead of Christie?

Wilson up top with Vydra?

I am a Butterfield fan - just think he has something different.

Anya, Hughes, Weimann middle 3 is surely way too lightweight??

Anyway, chew the fat on them lads! 

I am Sure he will want to play a front 2 .. Now whether that's Vydra and Wilson or Vydra and Ince or Vydra Weiman Or even Bent Blackman is a bit of a guess.

I hope he will play wide men in Camara and Anya 

I hope Hughsey plays high with someone backing him up .. Thorne, Johnson 

whatever it is, it's going to be new and fresh. If it gels and we Start to move the ball quickly then we have the players to score goals and win games. 

13 minutes ago, jono said:

I am Sure he will want to play a front 2 .. Now whether that's Vydra and Wilson or Vydra and Ince or Vydra Weiman Or even Bent Blackman is a bit of a guess.

I hope he will play wide men in Camara and Anya 

I hope Hughsey plays high with someone backing him up .. Thorne, Johnson 

So we're playing 2 up front,  2 out and out wingers and an attacking midfielder? And Thorne or Johnson are going to run midfield on their own? 

Archived