What Happened To The Snakes?

G STAR RAM

18 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

So how come they were BOTH shovelled out the door in equally very odd ways, then?

Answers not on a post card please.

Good ******* Lord. What the hell is odd about a loan and a loan to buy?! 

Grant was selected by Mel himself to be a patron of our Own The Region initiative? Do you really think he would have done this if he was this massive dividing bellend? Like… really?! 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cannable said:

Good ******* Lord. What the hell is odd about a loan and a loan to buy?! 

Grant was selected by Mel himself to be a patron of our Own The Region initiative? Do you really think he would have done this if he was this massive dividing bellend? Like… really?! 

What a histrionic reaction.

And please do not take the Lord's name in vain. 

Let's just see if the team spirit and performances improve.

For sure, something has been very wrong so far this season.

Please try to stay on the island dude.

29 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

Quite possibly.....

I can see at least 5 or 6 members of the current first team squad not being here when next season starts. Not all down to effort and attitude but I think by the time we start 2017/18 our team under NP will look very different

Carson, Christie, Baird & Bent - all out of contract at the end of the season. Only Carson and Christie have a chance of extended deals.

Ince, Russell, Blackman, Johnson, Butterfield - the jury is still well and truly out if they are going to be NP players. If anyone were to bid for them I can't see him not selling them.

Hughes will probably be sold to fund the rebuilding and to give him the chance to play at the highest level if we are not challenging for promotion.

Not all will go but the last few days have been the start of the process not the end....

Your last line is the key point. Our journey has only just started, I'm excited to see how Pearson develops this team further. It shows how far we have come in the last few years that we are able to get quality players like Vydra,Anya and a very talented and highly thought of Man Utd youngster. 

1 hour ago, Robbie Ram said:

So how come they were BOTH shovelled out the door in equally very odd ways, then?

Grant to Stoke as cover on loan isn't odd.

Certainly no more than Chris Weale in

1 hour ago, Robbie Ram said:

Jesus Christ on a soddin' bike!!! Martin himself has said that it has been discussed for sometime, he doesn't suit the way that the current manager wants to play. Nothing wrong with Grant going out, he is a great guy, it is just that we have a young keeper who we want to develop. Nobody has been shovelled out, nothing odd about the transactions.

cannot be bothered to go through the thread to see if it's already been written. I was told that the atmosphere is/was so poor, mainly due to Ince and Martin clashing/arguing all the time, that the first one we received offer(s) for would go.

I am not saying it is true, but just sharing.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Grant to Stoke as cover on loan isn't odd.

Certainly no more than Chris Weale in

At best, the new guy is technically no better than Grant, so why bother at all?

Still seems to me that there were ulterior motives behind both moves for him and Martin.

4 minutes ago, Simsy said:

because we are financially better off from it.

But not a lot.

We loaned goalkeeper then immediately bought another. So the wage bill stays more or less the same surely.

If the idea was to give Mitchell more chance of getting game time, why replace Grant at all?

Also, in the current inflated transfer market, Martin is worth at least £8 or £9 million, so why take only £3 million instead? And in doing so, reduce our attacking options.

Both moves still seem rather dubious to me.

The way we ushered Martin and Grant suggests we were desperate to get rid imo, Martin comes across nice in his interviews, but you can't deny he looks a bit of a bully, after all he's been done for a serious offence?

Hendrick is always in court, he seems like another bully to me, probably similar to Hughes though, easily led and joins in so he's not a victim. 

2 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

But not a lot.

We loaned goalkeeper then immediately bought another. So the wage bill stays more or less the same surely.

If the idea was to give Mitchell more chance of getting game time, why replace Grant at all?

Also, in the current inflated transfer market, Martin is worth at least £8 or £9 million, so why take only £3 million instead? And in doing so, reduce our attacking options.

Both moves still seem rather dubious to me.

I understand we got weale for free but stoke are paying us for grant. someone quoted 200k!

Also Weale will be on far less wages then Grant.

Just now, DCFCArmy said:

The way we ushered Martin and Grant suggests we were desperate to get rid imo, Martin comes across nice in his interviews, but you can't deny he looks a bit of a bully, after all he's been done for a serious offence?

Hendrick is always in court, he seems like another bully to me, probably similar to Hughes though, easily led and joins in so he's not a victim. 

Yes.

At last an objective response.

Good deductions.

Time will tell though.

2 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Yes.

At last an objective response.

Good deductions.

Time will tell though.

8 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

I don't know which of you two is dafter!! Good reading though - well done, keep it up. :-) 

12 minutes ago, bcnram said:

I don't know which of you two is dafter!! Good reading though - well done, keep it up. :-) 

Well clever clogs, if we go and thrash Newcastle, will you then admit there may be some truth in this rumour?

Your saving grace is that you're not being either nasty or snide.

Good humoured banter is fine.

Pray do keep it up.

Archived