Tommy Doc again

Sparkle

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the spine of the team needed replacing. Too many mental scars. As long as they are replaced, we could let anyone in this squad go.

Shouldn't have given Keogh a new contract, but nobody in this team is the level of Charlie George or anyone else binned by Doc.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

the spine of the team needed replacing. Too many mental scars. As long as they are replaced, we could let anyone in this squad go.

Shouldn't have given Keogh a new contract, but nobody in this team is the level of Charlie George or anyone else binned by Doc.

Who is going to be the new Billy Caskey?

I'm too young. 

But I tried to say in the other thread that I hope a few of us aren't being labeled as Pearson haters. 

It's just I don't understand why we're looking to totally rebuild rather than build on. 

And if we aren't rebuilding then from the early signs I'm not sure Pearson is even close to getting the basics of what works for us. 

He could rebuild a fantastic team. Just seems a high risk? He could build a crap one. What we deffo have is a pretty decent top end Champ one. And the argument of "at Leicester" doesn't mean a thing. 

In fact the "failed" players we're shifting out are actually getting good moves and offers so it seems. So some of our "failure" was appreciated. 

I guess some of our own personalities are coming through. Who's the gamblers etc. Who are the risk takers. 

I like to look before I leap. I think you should always work with what you've got. Not what might be. Cynical I guess

I have no problems with what's going on. We have been a very nice VW Passat. One, that despite a full service history, is now getting a bit leggy. We bought some alloys, gave it a valet. We even tried to get it chipped by some flash lads without much visible benefit. So ... We need to start shopping. Maybe we'll just end up with a newer version of the same thing or just maybe  we will upgrade but just because the old one is on its way out, doesn't mean we won't have a decent set of wheels 

So far,  Wilson, Vydra in and Hendrick and Grant out.

Possibly, Martin out and Anya in.

Hardly the wholesale change of a squad and team that Docherty oversaw. And hardly swapping world class players for Irish league equivalents that he also oversaw. Who knows, it might even be better.

Archived