Water coming through the ceiling

Ashz09

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Not sure about anyone else, but l am deeply disappointed not to have seen sight of Ash's bath taps. These are mine. Anybody want to see my submarine?

image.jpeg

What about your yellow rubber duck

We had 3 very nice bright yellow ducks in reducing sizes .. Till the dog nicked one and buried it in the garden. So mother duck is now a single Mum. 

turn the water off change the tap washer ... Not tricky or expensive. But check before you take the tap to bits that the water really IS off .. cold water easy .. Either stop tap or isolating valve underneath the tap. But if you haven't got isolating valves and it's the hot water is gravity feed you'll have to find where it switches off. 

1 hour ago, jono said:

We had 3 very nice bright yellow ducks in reducing sizes .. Till the dog nicked one and buried it in the garden. So mother duck is now a single Mum. 

turn the water off change the tap washer ... Not tricky or expensive. But check before you take the tap to bits that the water really IS off .. cold water easy .. Either stop tap or isolating valve underneath the tap. But if you haven't got isolating valves and it's the hot water is gravity feed you'll have to find where it switches off. 

That's £60 lov, need a lift to the cash point duk?

1 hour ago, froggg said:

Not to mention the chimney repoint.

I had one the other day offering to "clean" the roof tiles ( naturally after he got up there I am sure he'd have found a lot of broken ones that needed "prompt attention" ) ... It's a laugh for us but Boycie is right these people are the lowest of the low when they prey on the vulnerable and the stupid. Need to take this one over to the random stuff that annoys me thread. ! 

2 minutes ago, jono said:

I had one the other day offering to "clean" the roof tiles ( naturally after he got up there I am sure he'd have found a lot of broken ones that needed "prompt attention" ) ... It's a laugh for us but Boycie is right these people are the lowest of the low when they prey on the vulnerable and the stupid. Need to take this one over to the random stuff that annoys me thread. ! 

it was on watchdog, they put hidden cameras watching over the workman as they were smashing the tiles and paying to replace them :lol:

A roofer who did some work for me (at my request, not his) told me some horror stories about what he'd seen. Sometimes, whilst working on a roof he'd see chancers knocking on doors telling old ladies that whilst they'd been on another roof they'd spotted these 'serious problems on her roof, which needed urgent attention and they could do it on the cheap whilst they were in the vicinity with their kit'.

He used to go and tell the old ladied to tell them to f** off cos there was nothing wrong with the roof.

On one occasion, he saw these guys painting round the flashing on a chimney with lead-coloured paint, and then charge for re-flashing and the (expensive) cost of the lead. Made his blood boil.

34 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

A roofer who did some work for me (at my request, not his) told me some horror stories about what he'd seen. Sometimes, whilst working on a roof he'd see chancers knocking on doors telling old ladies that whilst they'd been on another roof they'd spotted these 'serious problems on her roof, which needed urgent attention and they could do it on the cheap whilst they were in the vicinity with their kit'.

He used to go and tell the old ladied to tell them to f** off cos there was nothing wrong with the roof.

On one occasion, he saw these guys painting round the flashing on a chimney with lead-coloured paint, and then charge for re-flashing and the (expensive) cost of the lead. Made his blood boil.

Pensioners have done well enough from the downturn, only fair they pay their fair share one way or the other. 

Archived