Electric Shavers (dull, I know...)

robglosta

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing will be as good as a blade shave but I use a braun from asda, half price down from £100. Wet or dry is good, easy to clean. Only down side is it won't work while charging so if you forget to charge it you can't get a shave in the morning, which is a big negative. 

I've had loads of them in almost 30 years of shaving. Can't be arsed with all the mess & faffing with wet shaving & being fair haired (what's left of it) it's not a problem that electric shaving doesn't get quite as close.

I've had various brands and types but I bought this one a couple of years ago and it's the best I've had, with a nice quick close shave.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DDNBMIK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Even after 2 years, the battery lasts really well and the blades haven't yet gone blunt, despite using it at least 5 times a week. Other ones, I've had to replace the blades and/or foils after a while - which isn't cheap.

Think I use a Braun, I forget. Wet and Dry ok. Has a couple of attachments. Close enough if I take my time, when I need to look snappy. Generally though I only shave once every few days or so, it's not an important thing for me lol

Yeah, the rotary is necessary for the close shave. Mine has a rotary attachment, a clipper attachment and some other attachment I dont know what is for and have never used. 

14 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

This is a good site. Got a really good bargain for my step-son.

www.shavers.co.uk

I clicked on this site.

Wish I had a father in law as open minded as you, would save some heartache down the line!

Always find that you don't get razor bumps or spots with electric shavers whereas with razors I get razor bumps. Electric shavers don't get rid of the ingrown hairs so you have to press down quite hard. I've found most electric shavers to be pretty much the same.

7 hours ago, McLovin said:

Always find that you don't get razor bumps or spots with electric shavers whereas with razors I get razor bumps. Electric shavers don't get rid of the ingrown hairs so you have to press down quite hard. I've found most electric shavers to be pretty much the same.

Electric shavers usually leave hair on my neck as well, probably because it's finer.

Archived