The whining about Pearson thread

cheron85

2 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Hardly 'makeshift' only keogh was missing. Keane was not a mediocre replacement. We were torn to bits that day.

We had a howler that day I admit... But for me we shouldn't be saying "Well Leicester did well playing kick and rush football... So let's do that..." when we don't have the players to do that... And the players we DO have are quality...

On their day this squad can beat anyone in the league... What we need is a manager who can get them to play that way every week... And the week's they don't we still don't lose...

I hope Pearson could understand that... But it seems that he's taking the approach that there's only one way of being consistent and it's by being a 6/10 side every week...

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

We had a howler that day I admit... But for me we shouldn't be saying "Well Leicester did well playing kick and rush football... So let's do that..." when we don't have the players to do that... And the players we DO have are quality...

On their day this squad can beat anyone in the league... What we need is a manager who can get them to play that way every week... And the week's they don't we still don't lose...

I hope Pearson could understand that... But it seems that he's taking the approach that there's only one way of being consistent and it's by being a 6/10 side every week...

I guess only time will tell.

3 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

I am just pointing out, that negativity like this, at this stage of the season is a joke, and Pearsons record is good at this level, and out of interest who would you have chosen as Derbys manager.

My negativity was founded when we were first linked with Pearson... So it's already been around for a while... He's the wrong man for this job...

Pearson's record at this level is poor with Southampton, poor-average with Hull and then semi decent with Leicester... He finished 9th, 6th and then 1st... Compare that to McClaren's 3rd and 8th... I think there's an argument to say it's a similar record over the first 2 seasons of building...

Di Matteo would have been my first choice... He has as good a record at this level as Pearson does and he has a history of getting sides to play good football... And of being flexible with his system by team... Understanding the players he has and the way to play them...

After that I would have had Steve Clarke... Same as above...

Steve Bruce? Obviously unhappy at Hull even when they got promoted and has a great history in this league...

20 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Please respect that and keep your positive opinions of Pearson to other threads...

I don't agree with this. I think it's interesting to see what evidence people can provide to show us that we're wrong. I wasn't expecting an echo chamber where I can call Pearson a sausage and get a load of likes. I do agree that people deflecting criticism because it's only been two games or pointlessly virtue signalling about what amazing fans they are is a waste of time.

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

I don't agree with this. I think it's interesting to see what evidence people can provide to show us that we're wrong. I wasn't expecting an echo chamber where I can call Pearson a sausage and get a load of likes. I do agree that people deflecting criticism because it's only been two games or pointlessly virtue signalling about what amazing fans they are is a waste of time.

Okaaaaayyyyyy fiiiiinnnnnneeeee... We'll let the other kids into the clubhouse...

Just make sure they understand that this is a nice safe environment so we can all have a whinge in relative peace... To try and get it out pof our systems here...

56 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Nobody is right or wrong yet, we've played 3 games (badly in my opinion). There are fans who have been underwhelmed from the start. I'm one. 

3 games to get a underacheiving squad with high earners,and put together over 3 seasons,building on a quality squad in 2013,,3 years wasted,but now we have someone to put it right in 3 games,while giving the players oportunity to show their worth.3 headcoaches in 3 years,could it be your favorite number is 3,----Try this to  consilidate 1 year--to improve 1 year

TO challenge 1 year,,,yes -yes the magic number 3,and more realistic,any thing less a bonus

I wasn't convinced Pearson was the man to get that consistency we needed, the few minor tweaks to help the spine of our team to achieve the teams full potential. After the first interview what I feared was going to happen, full scale changes, ripping up the blue prints we had in place and basically starting again subsided. The lack of signings before the season started further strengthened that he was going to set out a similar way and push for that consistency that has seen us just miss out on promotion twice in the last 3 seasons and just miss out on a play off place (record high points to miss out on a play off place with Wolves)

I started to have a nagging feeling that we were going to try and start with 2 centre mids that had already showed that they weren't really good enough as a 2 in Bryson and Hendrick and much better as a 3, the starting line ups in the league games have had too many players that like to run, normally without the ball, we haven't really had that person in the middle of the pitch that will dictate the way we play, the pace of the game, to put their foot on the ball and take charge. The blend hasn't been right.

The first goal against Barnsley why was Hendrick stood closer to our goal than both Shackell and Keogh? Why are we so deep? We have players that are very good in the oppositions half but they are in our box?

I want everyone at our club to do well, I'm not bothered about names. Martin and Hughes are my 2 favourite players but if Bent and Hendrick or Bryson or Johnson or Blackman or whoever are doing the business I don't care, it is about Derby County at the end of the day.

Ok so i have never liked Pearson and didn't want him anywhere near my club

he plays ugly kick and rush pub team football akin to Mick Mcarthey at Ipswich

players like Hughes and Butterfield will stuggle to command a 1st team place as they are not as Physical and workman like which is needed under NP 

Martin has no Pace and is ineffective if we are getting the ball long into the channels at every opportunity

Christie isn't the best defensive Fullback and neither is Fozzy or olson to a lesser degree

This is why you are seeing the above on the bench or being rummoured to be replaced

Pearson Requires the following Big physical Centre halves (Morgan & Huth), Defenders foremost at Fullback

Workers and blockers in Midfield 

Quick Outlets upfront and on the wing ( Vardy, Schulp)

** Before the "Leicester won the Premier League with Pearsons Team" crew turn up - Ask their fans Vardy, Marhez were average at best under him, Morgan was poor untill Huth came in and Kante never played under him PLUS Steve Walsh identified players not NP hence why Everton paid so much compensation for him - i am unfortunate in working in Barrow upon Soar with loads of Bin Dippers and even they say the football under him was woeful

Basically the Derby Way is dead and we have sold our soul for the Premier League dream

Love it or hate it the era is over and we will be watching poor but probably effective football that in two or three years may well get us promoted

you can boo him and/or the players but nothing is changing quickly - i will still go and support the team and continue to do so but i am not feeling the love 

If we have "FAILED" over the past 3 seasons playing exciting attractive football then what did we do under clough for even longer ?

We are clearly stuck with him so sit back, Cringe and remenise of when we played like Barcelona but ultimately FAILED

8 minutes ago, Saturn5 said:

If we have "FAILED" over the past 3 seasons playing exciting attractive football then what did we do under clough for even longer ? 

We are clearly stuck with him so sit back, Cringe and remenise of when we played like Barcelona but ultimately FAILED

Failed under Clough and afterwards too. This is SPORT, which is about winning. If you want entertainment go to the cinema.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Failed under Clough and afterwards too. This is SPORT, which is about winning. If you want entertainment go to the cinema.

See this is an attitude I can't get on board with... If it was about SPORT then why would you pay to go watch it? We'd all go down the park...

We pay to be entertained... Now for some that entertainment is entirely down to winning... They don't care about how the game is won... Just that it's won...

We're expressing the sadness that we seem to have abandoned the ideal of 'winning with style' in favour of 'winning at all costs'...

I find it odd that Clement was given the boot for trying to play 'win at all costs' football and then we appoint Pearson... It's like none of the lessons of last year were taken in...

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

We're expressing the sadness that we seem to have abandoned the ideal of 'winning with style' in favour of 'winning at all costs'...

See you get the point - winning at all costs - it's a game it's about winning. Losers can commiserate and say they played well and looked pretty, but winners get the spoils! :D

Edit ps cheron85 would you be happier supporting the Arse? ;)

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

See you get the point - winning at all costs - it's a game it's about winning. Losers can commiserate and say they played well and looked pretty, but winners get the spoils! :D

Well... I still prefer to enjoy the process of getting to the win...

Did you enjoy the Billy Davies era out of interest? Because that's what 'winning at all costs' looked like... We won... Horribly... And then got destroyed in the Premier League... Apart from a brief moment of joy at the end of the playoff final I hated that period of watching Derby...

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No Offence but that imo is the attitude that kills football - you can have both if your not too blinkered to see it

Off topic - i run an Under 12s team and we play great football, never won anything but the Lads develop and enjoy it - other teams have this attitude and there are tears and tantrums so i suppose its all about vision and philosiphy 

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Well... I still prefer to enjoy the process of getting to the win...

Did you enjoy the Billy Davies era out of interest? Because that's what 'winning at all costs' looked like... We won...

Yep. Loved it. Love Stevie Howard and Matty in particular.

To win 'at all costs' not only takes effort it takes being better than your opponents. There isn't just one way to win and there is 'beauty' in being able to defend as much as there is in attacking. A bit like strikers always go for more money than keepers but I'd rather a solid defence and excellent keeper, I am RoyMac5 you know! :p

Archived