The whining about Pearson thread

cheron85

I am not sure if I want us to get into the premiership if we play like that dour rubbish that we did in the first half.

I thought the Mel Morris "Derby Way" tm was us going up with a strong team playing good football? Has that been thrown to the kerb now?

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, archied said:

Sorry boys you gonna have to ban me from this thread,,, Pearson is really the kind of manager I like on the Rams dugout ,, real mixture of the modern training ,diet ,sports science and the throw back to the kick every ball encourage and drive the players type manager ,,, today we rode our luck a bit at times but do I detect the beginnings of an injection of a bit more steel and bite in our lot?  Early days but I wanted him here before he came and seeing him in action I m so glad we have him and hope we can keep him for many years to come , he could be our new bc ,, there it is folks ,, ban me from the thread?

Tbh,,, I'd ban you for having a broken space key,,, not the content of your post, ,!

1 minute ago, JaguarRam said:

I am not sure if I want us to get into the premiership if we play like that dour rubbish that we did in the first half.

I thought the Mel Morris "Derby Way" tm was us going up with a strong team playing good football? Has that been thrown to the kerb now?

Did you boo?

9 minutes ago, archied said:

Sorry boys you gonna have to ban me from this thread,,, Pearson is really the kind of manager I like on the Rams dugout ,, real mixture of the modern training ,diet ,sports science and the throw back to the kick every ball encourage and drive the players type manager ,,, today we rode our luck a bit at times but do I detect the beginnings of an injection of a bit more steel and bite in our lot?  Early days but I wanted him here before he came and seeing him in action I m so glad we have him and hope we can keep him for many years to come , he could be our new bc ,, there it is folks ,, ban me from the thread?

And me!

Pearson has what it takes - he'll make sure we do too!

18 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Playing 'attractive' football and expecting to go up is unrealistic. Southampton and Swansea were anomalies where there was less money in the championship. The best way to go up is to play the way Stoke did then gradually evolve our style once we are an established premier league club but I don't think Derby fans are patient enough for that. I'd sacrifice playing less attractive football for a few years if it meant we got promoted then reap the rewards later on. 5 years ago if you told Stoke fans that the likes of bojan and Shaqiri would eventually play at their club ,they would have laughed at you, or more likely beat you up knowing Stoke fans.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Playing 'attractive' football and expecting to go up is unrealistic. Southampton and Swansea were anomalies where there was less money in the championship. The best way to go up is to play the way Stoke did then gradually evolve our style once we are an established premier league club but I don't think Derby fans are patient enough for that. I'd sacrifice playing less attractive and football for a few years if it meant we got promoted then reap the rewards later on. 5 years ago if you told Stoke fans that the likes of bojan and Shaqiri would eventually play at their club then they would have laughed at you, or more likely beat you up knowing Stoke fans.

I get your point. But I have to disagree when I believe we have the players to play good football if played to there strengths.

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Playing 'attractive' football and expecting to go up is unrealistic. Southampton and Swansea were anomalies where there was less money in the championship. The best way to go up is to play the way Stoke did then gradually evolve our style once we are an established premier league club but I don't think Derby fans are patient enough for that. I'd sacrifice playing less attractive football for a few years if it meant we got promoted then reap the rewards later on. 5 years ago if you told Stoke fans that the likes of bojan and Shaqiri would eventually play at their club ,they would have laughed at you, or more likely beat you up knowing Stoke fans.

Were Bournemouth and Watford anomalies as well? How about Nigel Pearson's Leicester seeing  as how everyone says how they played such great football? We don't currently have the players to be truly successful playing long ball, efficient football. We might do by the end of the window, but not at the moment. What the past three seasons have shown is that we are more successful when playing attractive football than when we try long ball football.

Just now, PodgeyRam said:

Were Bournemouth and Watford anomalies as well? How about Nigel Pearson's Leicester seeing  as how everyone says how they played such great football? We don't currently have the players to be truly successful playing long ball, efficient football. We might do by the end of the window, but not at the moment. What the past three seasons have shown is that we are more successful when playing attractive football than when we try long ball football.

Did they all click immediately, first game in?!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did they all click immediately, first game in?!

To be honest Watford seemed to, given that they had about 4 managers that season who all left for non-footballing reasons. Bournemouth were quite similar to us, played attractive football the previous season/were capable of playing attractive football and all they did was add a few key players. Not massive overhaul, and they went up as champions. Just a tweak needed. Sounds familiar.

Although I'm not sure what that has to do with my post, I was challenging your assertion that teams that go up and stay up playing attractive football are anomalies, when there are plenty of examples showing otherwise.

19 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Although I'm not sure what that has to do with my post, I was challenging your assertion that teams that go up and stay up playing attractive football are anomalies, when there are plenty of examples showing otherwise.

I didn't say that.

48 minutes ago, McLovin said:

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I didn't say that.

Yes you did.

On 16/08/2016 at 02:41, Alpha said:

Well hello! Look who's back posting

The police give you your PC back then? 

@BondJovi has also had a couple of cameos lately. Can see the thumb prints on the pair of yer heads

HAHAHA

Go feck yourself! Ill have you know my wife is now with the best man so Im free to do what I want now so there!!! 

HAHAHA Your a mod? What has this place become???

Sorry for being off topic everyone, carry on! Do we like Pearson yet? Im just looking to follow the crowd!!! 

10 hours ago, Mary Hindge said:

HAHAHA

Go feck yourself! Ill have you know my wife is now with the best man so Im free to do what I want now so there!!! 

HAHAHA Your a mod? What has this place become???

Sorry for being off topic everyone, carry on! Do we like Pearson yet? Im just looking to follow the crowd!!! 

Sounds to me like you need some rope and a shovel.

Yeah I'm kind of a big deal now

14 hours ago, McLovin said:

If we had got Roberto Martinez with the squad we have now, it would about now be looking lovely, and we would probably have more points, but we wouldn't have progressed by May.

NP is what we need, his half time talk/hair dryer clearly injected FIGHT.

Although not a good thing, the mood i was in last Wednesday if you had told me Will Hughes was going to get a yellow card yesterday I would have had a big grin.

The yellow cards second half was a good thing ,, it was men against boys first half ,they bossed us,.  Second half our lot manned up ,hence we made a proper game of it

56 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

NP is what we need, his half time talk/hair dryer clearly injected FIGHT.

Would it not have been better if his PRE match talk injected FIGHT allowing us 90 minutes of it as opposed to just the 45 ? 

Should we not be going out, particularly at home, to not allow our opponents to get into some kind of stride ? 

Archived