Animal Cruelty

Sith Happens

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Again in your opinion round and round we go.

I think in any impartial opinion to be fair.  Telling someone to 'Wise Up' when they are merely informing people about particular cases of animal cruelty is hardly appropriate.  Does anyone believe that Paul71 is unaware of human on human cruelty?  We don't have the solve the world's most serious problems before we can address other issues.

27 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Again in your opinion. As I stated previously you have a very dogmatic approach to debating you make the quantum leap from making your opinion an absolute fact. 

You've not addressed a single thing I've said or anyone else has said. You've just accused me of misrepresenting your views without any clarification of what you actually meant.

13 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

You've not addressed a single thing I've said or anyone else has said. You've just accused me of misrepresenting your views without any clarification of what you actually meant.

There's nothing to address, your opening premise was entirely flawed as it took your opinion as being fact then attempted to overlay it as my opinion whereas as I have stated numerous times now it was your opinion, not fact, not mine. 

Like it or not animals are a rung down the ladder compared to humans. We eat them, force them to labour for us, cage them and make them go through things we would never contemplate doing to humans. Would we impregnate women en masse, steal their milk and butcher their offspring? Of course not.

The sentiment in inglorious' post was harsh but when you think about what else we do to animals, what chance do they have - we're prepared to massacre our own supposed equals  based on a book written a couple of millenia ago?

8 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Like it or not animals are a rung down the ladder compared to humans. We eat them, force them to labour for us, cage them and make them go through things we would never contemplate doing to humans. Would we impregnate women en masse, steal their milk and butcher their offspring? Of course not.

The sentiment in inglorious' post was harsh but when you think about what else we do to animals, what chance do they have - we're prepared to massacre our own supposed equals  based on a book written a couple of millenia ago?

All true, apart from pets maybe....whom we often treat better than we treat other humans.

6 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

Great logic.

Let's maybe make rape legal too until we've fully addressed people murdering each other?

While animal cruelty is bad, that is a rubbish example to support the argument

3 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Sadly if you travel the continents all of what you state is occurring every day. The world is not fair and homo sapien is to blame for it all. We can achieve so much yet we continue to destroy our planet. Luckily we have football to give us hope....... Oh hold on.........

33 minutes ago, Joe. said:

While animal cruelty is bad, that is a rubbish example to support the argument

This was in response to the suggestion that because one crime is worse, the other should be ignored. I'm attacking the reasoning, not saying animal cruelty and rape are on par.

Unless you can give me a reasoned argument as to why it's a rubbish example, I'll absolutely stand by it. 

21 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

This was in response to the suggestion that because one crime is worse, the other should be ignored. I'm attacking the reasoning, not saying animal cruelty and rape are on par.

Unless you can give me a reasoned argument as to why it's a rubbish example, I'll absolutely stand by it. 

So you are attacking the reasoning of one crime being worse than another by suggesting that a different crime is worse than another and don't see why it is a poor example to support your argument?

14 minutes ago, Joe. said:

So you are attacking the reasoning of one crime being worse than another by suggesting that a different crime is worse than another and don't see why it is a poor example to support your argument?

Nope - what I said was "This was in response to the suggestion that because one crime is worse, the other should be ignored."

I was responding to this - "first need to teach people to behave appropriately towards fellow human beings before we can attempt to teach us how to behave towards animals". Which is nonsense.

Sith Happens
11 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Wise up, there's worse atrocities that human beings are inflicting on fellow human beings

Ah thats ok then. Maybe if they do catch who did these crimes we should just give them a pat on the back and say 'try not to do it again old chap, but dont worry yourself too much, people have done much worse things before'.

Or maybe we shouldnt even bother investigating the crime as its really just a minor issue.

Sith Happens

3 Boys being interviewed by police relating to the incident with the cat, it would seem the ****** filmed themselves doing it and posted it on snapchat.

19 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Agreed but we first need to teach people to behave appropriately towards fellow human beings before we can attempt to teach us how to behave towards animals

How about teaching people to respect all living things?

Archived