Animal Cruelty

Sith Happens

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, McRamFan said:

How about teaching people to respect all living things?

It's a good sentiment. And we are all related after all. But it will be difficult to persuade people to care too much about bacteria, bread mold or a variety of parasites.  How about we start by attempting to not cause suffering in other animals and trying to make sure that we don't destroy their habitats entirely. 

12 hours ago, Highgate said:

It's a good sentiment. And we are all related after all. But it will be difficult to persuade people to care too much about bacteria, bread mold or a variety of parasites.  How about we start by attempting to not cause suffering in other animals and trying to make sure that we don't destroy their habitats entirely. 

It is a good job that the people that have respect for micro organisms have not followed your advice. Otherwise antibiotics, vaccines, antidotes and other medicines would remain under discovered.

Having respect for living things kinda includes respecting habitats, migration routes, breeding sites etc.

6 hours ago, McRamFan said:

It is a good job that the people that have respect for micro organisms have not followed your advice. Otherwise antibiotics, vaccines, antidotes and other medicines would remain under discovered.

Having respect for living things kinda includes respecting habitats, migration routes, breeding sites etc.

You are right of course, an interest and knowledge of these lifeforms has been invaluable to us.  I suppose that could be considered respect in a way.  But aren't we just using these lifeforms for our own purposes? 

2 hours ago, Highgate said:

You are right of course, an interest and knowledge of these lifeforms has been invaluable to us.  I suppose that could be considered respect in a way.  But aren't we just using these lifeforms for our own purposes? 

Yes we are, we are 'top' of the food change and have greater intelligence, therefore it is absolutely necessary to respect all forms of life. Be that be a honey bee or the amazon forest. Everything (almost) is here for a reason.

8 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Their mothers aren't interested. Kind of explains the whole issue really.

Oh, are they not? I had hoped for at least some shame from them.

I despair at some parents:(

Sith Happens
34 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Agreed, they are a parasite that has no benefit to anything, bit like ebola.

Like Forest fans?

I saw a bloke smack his dog so hard it yelped this morning. It crossed the road before it should have and almost got run over, the owner's response was to hit it when they were both safely on the other side.

I started to walk over to have a little chat about picking on someone his own size but a bus driver beat me to it sadly.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one disgusted by him.

Archived