Fernando Forestieri

DcFc Dyycheee

PistoldPete2
3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Might this mean he could have a clause that means wendies can't reject an offer above a certain level? if Derby have made a bid, wendies say he's going nowhere but haven't actually rejected the bid? Like Bryson and burnnley? Who knows? 

DET are very clear to say their source eg according to reports in national newspaper etc. on this one they don't because the source is Derby County and unless our club is lying, ( very unlikely) I believe we have made a bid.  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an Owls fan I thought I'd comment on all the transfer speculation which has been doing the rounds in recent days. Frankly, there's probably more chance of manure from a rocking horse than players moving between our two clubs, for several reasons. Championship clubs don't want to sell to each other, and they only do it for ridiculous prices. So, for example, Wednesday were quoted £8 million for Judge, and £15 million for McCormack. The only clubs which can safely afford that sort of brass are the parachute clubs, and that rules out both the Rams and the Owls. If you're going to gamble and break FFP then you do it when the league is relatively weak, not with the likes of Villa, Newcastle and Norwich in it. Let's say that the three players in question were unsettled, and there's nothing I've heard to suggest that any of them are, then there's no way that business would be done between our clubs. Derby and Wednesday would hawk those players around the bottom-end PL clubs (a) because they can't hurt us and (b) because they've got the ackers to buy them. I could perhaps see those three going to the parachute clubs, but that's less of a risk because two out of the three of them are going to occupy the automatic promotion places, not Wednesday or Derby, who can only realistically do it via the playoffs. I think all this has much more to do with unsettling players in the hope that a third club will sign them, thus weakening a playoff rival. But who cast the first stone? Wednesday have form. Back in January they went through the motions of signing Williams from Bolton, who as a result was left out of a fixture between the two clubs (which the Owls won), only for the deal to collapse immediately afterwards. Bolton were so angry that they lodged an official complaint. It appears now that Wednesday have been tracking the Derby pair for a while now, behind the scenes, so was Pearson's bid for Forrester retaliatory? Who knows.

7 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I dont know anything about the Forestieri bid. If its a smokescreen or not. But there is something that just doesnt add up about it at all. 

The Derby telegraph does not report on bids unless A) There is one and B) Mel Morris wants us to know about it. 

Because we must have had bids in for other players now and must have before now too. We have probably had bids in for players that we have no idea about and will never here from again. Rest assured, if Mel Morris didnt want this out in the open. The telegraph would never have printed it. 

Derby have done an excellent job of keeping things under wraps. So why this?

Its strange from the Sheff Weds end too. We are talking about their best player here. They havent come out and said with any conviction that they have rejected a bid and that he will not be sold. Carvahal said he didnt no anything about a bid from Derby. When it was put to him "So you WILL not sell Forestieri" He responded by saying "We do not want to sell our best players"

Theres a big difference between saying we will not sell someone and we dont want to sell. Its too quiet from their side.

We have had bids in for Hendrick and Martin now. Big bids. We have rejected them. 

I personally would pay £12 million for him. Like it or not. Its the going rate for a player like him at the minute. I would happily sell Hendrick for 8 million and put it towards Forestieri. 

I think we will spend big on a striker this window and if we sell Martin. Maybe even 2. 

Good post, well written.  Mackworth you are right it's all a bit strange, dosnt fit the norm for a bid for someone's key player.  This will only happen if one of two things happen. If we pay 12m+ or we offer say 7m + a player. The other variable is that SWFC would need to accept the bid. As you pointed out its a bit quiet.

I wonder if SWFC have said we will let FF go but only if you give us x amount of cash + y player(s) and we are now   Discussing player and amounts.

lets see who is missing from the sides on Saturday. Have a feeling this is going to run a bit no then go no where

55 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

As an Owls fan I thought I'd comment on all the transfer speculation which has been doing the rounds in recent days. Frankly, there's probably more chance of manure from a rocking horse than players moving between our two clubs, for several reasons. Championship clubs don't want to sell to each other, and they only do it for ridiculous prices. So, for example, Wednesday were quoted £8 million for Judge, and £15 million for McCormack. The only clubs which can safely afford that sort of brass are the parachute clubs, and that rules out both the Rams and the Owls. If you're going to gamble and break FFP then you do it when the league is relatively weak, not with the likes of Villa, Newcastle and Norwich in it. Let's say that the three players in question were unsettled, and there's nothing I've heard to suggest that any of them are, then there's no way that business would be done between our clubs. Derby and Wednesday would hawk those players around the bottom-end PL clubs (a) because they can't hurt us and (b) because they've got the ackers to buy them. I could perhaps see those three going to the parachute clubs, but that's less of a risk because two out of the three of them are going to occupy the automatic promotion places, not Wednesday or Derby, who can only realistically do it via the playoffs. I think all this has much more to do with unsettling players in the hope that a third club will sign them, thus weakening a playoff rival. But who cast the first stone? Wednesday have form. Back in January they went through the motions of signing Williams from Bolton, who as a result was left out of a fixture between the two clubs (which the Owls won), only for the deal to collapse immediately afterwards. Bolton were so angry that they lodged an official complaint. It appears now that Wednesday have been tracking the Derby pair for a while now, behind the scenes, so was Pearson's bid for Forrester retaliatory? Who knows.

Wonder if we ticked wednesday off over nick blackman. 

Even though you ought to be grateful to us for dodging that particular bullet I'd have thought....

Seems a bit early in season for such skulduggery as "tactically unsettling" but as you so rightly point out....who knows?

Good post. Good luck for season.

9 hours ago, 86 points said:

OK mate.  When you decide what we;re allowed to discuss could you let the rest of us know.  Ta!

That's right out for a start.

14 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

My son went to a kids party on Tuesday and had a spider transfer on his arm. I wasn't too happy about it. Luckily it is starting to come off now and should be gone by the end of the weekend. Hope this helps. 

What type of spider was it?

3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Good post, well thought out and hard to disagree with any of it.

Wasted on here :)

Looking around at other forums it makes me realise how good ours is. Only thing that lets it down at times are idiotic fans who slate other clubs fines who come on and make genuinely good points. Fair enough give grief to those fans who come on spouting tripe but leave the genuine ones alone. 

Archived