New people sitting around you.

Boycie

Most people around me are returning season ticket holders and are generally a decent bunch who we have a bit of banter with, but there is one bloke on the aisle seat who only ever shouts negative comments, his favourite saying is "get off the effing ground" to whoever didn't get the header in, Keogh,s usually the target for his abuse. It's quite ironic of him as he's about 25 stone, probably never played football in his life and couldn't get off the ground if he tried. He got his just desserts on the last match of the season when Johnny Russell hit a shot which went over the bar and smashed right into his leg, he went down to the concourse and didn't come back for the second half. Oh how we all laughed! Payback! First match this season, quiet as a mouse, thank you Johnny

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

South-West upper....human vidiprinter..."Wolves have scored" "Wigan have scored" "Huddersfield have scored" 

NOT AR5ED MATE.

Grinds my gears. Focus on Derby.

8 minutes ago, whitefieldram said:

South-West upper....human vidiprinter..."Wolves have scored" "Wigan have scored" "Huddersfield have scored" 

NOT AR5ED MATE.

Grinds my gears. Focus on Derby.

Totally agree although perhaps the only exception to this would be blokes of similar ilk at other grounds up and down the land doing the same thing but saying "Derby have scored". ;)

I have to formally apologise if any of you were sat around me on Saturday... I was so distraught about the starting line up I was in a right foul mood all game... Shouted at Pearson on several occasions (I know he can't hear me... But it makes me feel better) questioning his mental capacity having not started Hughes...

However I didn't notice any new people... And the same blokes who have sat next to us for the last 2 years were as miffed about the starting line up as I was... So didn't feel too bad about it...

We did have Ewie join us on the stairs with about 5 mins to go at the end... to which my mate just looked, shook his head sadly and went back to watching the football... It was his first game for a while...

I have a great group around me. Except the seat to my left which has changed occupant for the last 3 years ..  ( my wife says I don't smell, honest ! ) And it's always a blooming giant who's legs expand to fill the space on either side of his seat. On Saturday I finally got someone of normal dimensions but he had a ruck sack, sandwiches flask and almost enough paraphernalia to go camping.  There is the nice lady just behind me who would be charming in most circumstances but she just doesn't like Darren Bent .. If he comes on as sub she starts with "oh no not him ! " Even if he scored a brace the best he'll get from her is "about time too"  . A bit further along There is Mr and Mrs Prim who don't seem to enjoy even the mildest expression of passion. And then a pair of old school mates who banter and commentate throughout - it's so good it has become part of the match day "experience" along with the lady two seats along who distributes Jelly Babies when we score. Her Daughter comes sometimes, along with her front two, which I must, inappropriately say, would grace any premier league team 

34 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

I actually like hearing about Forest makes the day feel better. As I'd have no way of knowing the result as it's impossible to get a ******* reception in the ground. How can they not sort this out by now!?!?!?!?!?!

That's the problem with having about 27-30k people trying to use 2 or so phone masts. It can't handle all the requests. 

That and every other chuffer is trying to look at the same thing, SSN/BBC/Facebook/Twitter etc etc. 

Only solution is to install more masts - only the phone companies would be bothered, and even then its barely being used 80% of the time. 

All new around us as we moved further along the stand. Had to laugh last season  tho when a woman and her daughter started coming to the games and sitting just in front of us and who had obviously bought a half season ticket. At her first game she turned round to my lad and his mate and told them off for talking about football. How shocking, i mean really, fancy talking about football at a football game, its just not on. One of the reasons we moved.

I think the general underlying theme of this thread is that human beings that attend Derby matches are highly selective, anti social beings and generally incompatible with one another when shoved together in close proximity for an hour and half worth of footy. :p

A bit like the Big Brother house but set inside a football stadium.

I've enjoyed reading the posts though. Some absolute corkers.

2 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Another reason for unreserved seating being sadly missed. If i was stood next to annoying people, at a gig i would move where i was standing, same in the old days at football.

In all truthfulness, this kind of situation was one of the major downsides from switching from a non league club to following Derby. Supporting a non league club you can have an entire stand to yourself or at least move to an area where it's quieter whereas at Derby, what if you get stuck next to an idiot? You're stuck with them for the rest of the season and then you have the hassle of looking for another seat during the close season through no fault of your own. What if Derby got into the Prem? It would be full and there wouldn't be any other seats left to move to and you'd be stuck with the idiot.

It's literally like the opening poster said and a neighbours from hell scenario.

For me so far so good. I haven't seen or heard anything out of the ordinary from around where I sat on Saturday and neither did I do or say anything likewise so I think the people around me are happy too. See what happens this evening then.....

3 hours ago, The 1884 Group said:

Bar it being a bit quiet around me, I can't complain, the people in front are friendly, lads behind  get frustrated quickly but don't usually say anything too out of order. Like I said, just wish there was a bit more volume! There's a surprise!

I think you only sit a few rows down from me, if you can hear a guy shouting c u next tuesday constantly throughout the game. It's my mate who uses it far too often especially when he's off his face which is always. 

11 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I think you only sit a few rows down from me, if you can hear a guy shouting c u next tuesday constantly throughout the game. It's my mate who uses it far too often especially when he's off his face which is always. 

Don't think Ive heard him. Chap directly behind me gets frustrated quickly. I gave him a look once when he kicked my chair and it smacked me on the legs. We've been fine since then, even celebrated a few important goals together!

3 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

Don't think Ive heard him. Chap directly behind me gets frustrated quickly. I gave him a look once when he kicked my chair and it smacked me on the legs. We've been fine since then, even celebrated a few important goals together!

I'm sure that look scared him off for life! You're probably slightly too far away to hear my friend who after a while I tell him to decrease his use of the word. I try to give him a limit of how many times he can use it. He also argues with the guy in front of us about three times a game but celebrates every goal with him pretty much aha!

9 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

2 teenage girls next to me, spent at least 80 of the 90 minutes on their phones or talking to each other. Really annoying and a complete waste of money for whoever paid for their tickets.

Any game you don't need to look far and see soooo many on their phones. Can't understand it at all. Smart phones have entered a new era I know and most of us use them endlessly but at a live game.... What the? And filming it too:blink:

Archived