**** fans

catram

12 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Rubbish. It was clear Hughes was coming on a couple of minutes before. When it was announced it was Johnson coming off it sounded like we had scored a goal. Absolute embarrassment end of.

Wind your neck in.

Look at what I wrote again. They were cheering the decision. The first cheer to take Johnson off and the second for Hughes to come on. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, G-Ram said:

I know he played on the left at norwich but i still see him as a midfield destroyer running around in the middle of the park closing people down and passing it to the technically better players 

The problem with this vision of him is that he doesn't read the game well, and has no acceleration over 5 yards to make up for it; by the time he's closed someone down they've usually already passed it around him. He is of no use as a CDM

When he does win the ball he doesn't tend to look for better players to pass it to, hurried clearances or long balls to runners are his primary thought processes.

For all the hand-wringing over the fans reaction to him being subbed, I doubt most would be particularly unhappy, from a footballing perspective, if he was never seen in a Derby shirt again.

16 hours ago, philmycock said:

I bet he's not bothered when he sees his bank statement every month, we're his cash cow

He looked very bothered to me, don't mix having a mare to lack of trying, you could not fault him or any of the team for effort. We just need to get behind him, he is a good player just lacks confidence at the mo

I can't help but think (while I'm not a fan of him) that if he hadn't dropped the Derby City clanger, the vitriol against him wouldn't have been so much. 

That and the vastly inflated price tag have compounded his inability on the park. 

4 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I can't help but think (while I'm not a fan of him) that if he hadn't dropped the Derby City clanger, the vitriol against him wouldn't have been so much. 

That and the vastly inflated price tag have compounded his inability on the park. 

Until you mentioned the Derby City thing id forgotten about, think your talking crap myself.

Sith Happens
11 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I dont think the Derby City has anything to do with it, the inflated price tage might, but then again blackman has had a fair amount of stick and his wasnt anywhere near as much.

I think the vitriol for both is that there is a feeling that we have other players who can play those roles and do them better (on current form), and i would not argue with this, however i do still argue that the reaction to his substitution (and announcement on tuesday as a sub by a small section of fans who booed) is appauling.

For me, it's the fact that all too frequently he mis-controls, misplaces a pass or dwells too long on the ball.

Just doesn't look like a professional footballer and hasn't since the first couple of months, when to be fair he was very good.

The fee, the Derby City thing, nothing to do with it. He's just been crap. Start playing well, and he'll get the love back.

Fed up of waiting for Johnson to come good. Let's not pretend this is his first bad game. He's been here little less than a year and apart from his first few games he's been awful. Let's remember his quality contribution against hull in the first leg of the playoffs! If he's just having a poor run of confidence he must knackered cos he's been running for months, which is more running than he does during games. We've tried him in at least four positions and none have 'suited' him and he has just got worse and worse. Not pulled up any trees during preseason and can't see why he's been giving the starting shirt last week. Effort leads to success and I'm not seeing a great deal of it where Bradley is concerned as he's hiding a lot of the time! Waste of six million! 

Johnson puts in the effort. 

When people see a lack of confidence they often mistake it for lack of effort. 

A player on low confidence isn't going to look "alive" because he's not enjoying his football. He's trying to hang on in there until things go right for him.

I really hate this idea that footballers don't care.

Do you care about your job? Your performance?  Now imagine being watched live by thousands and thousands. Scrutinised on the Internet and in papers. On TV. I think that most of these lads care about their reputation and personal and collective success. 

Johnson is just crap at passing. 

Is Bryson getting you down?  Fed up with Johnson coming good?  Are you flabbergasted at Hendrick's apparent market value?  Do you have Keogh anxiety?  Are you truly grateful for Carson?  Has Martin fallen in your estimate?  Do you kneel at the Altar of Jake?  Have a headache with Ince's name on it?  Do you have the Hughes blues? Are you afflicted with Schteve nostalgia?  Does Mel terrify you?  Are you worried about Nigel? 

Join the club

20 minutes ago, ramit said:

Is Bryson getting you down?  Fed up with Johnson coming good?  Are you flabbergasted at Hendrick's apparent market value?  Do you have Keogh anxiety?  Are you truly grateful for Carson?  Has Martin fallen in your estimate?  Do you kneel at the Altar of Jake?  Have a headache with Ince's name on it?  Do you have the Hughes blues? Are you afflicted with Schteve nostalgia?  Does Mel terrify you?  Are you worried about Nigel? 

Drink Belgian beer and stop caring.

#Belikeeddie

Alpha-think you added two words too many in your last post. 

Effort means looking for the ball, working so you look at least a bit hot, trying to put tackles in and chasing hard when you've lost the ball. None of these I've seen from Johnson in months. 

4 minutes ago, LincRam said:

Alpha-think you added two words too many in your last post. 

Effort means looking for the ball, working so you look at least a bit hot, trying to put tackles in and chasing hard when you've lost the ball. None of these I've seen from Johnson in months. 

Well Chris Martin has nice hair, does that count?

Archived