Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

4 minutes ago, SKRam said:

It's terrible seeing any club in the state Coventry are in so I hope they get a chance to get to Wembley for their fans 

Agreed - their fans have been through hell and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight for them. Pleased they're at Wembley

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/5/2017 at 15:53, David said:

Is this the Brighton wobble?

It's the no Kayal/Stephens wobble. Same as last season, we're not the same side without those two in midfield. To be fair, we've coped well without Kayal this season but only won once without Stephens.

Kayal is almost fit though (was put back in the side at Hudds to early and taken off at half time) and Stephens injury isn't serious. 4 home games in the next 5 fixtures though, starting with Burton and Ipswich and ending with Reading and Newcastle. Feels like it'll be a season defining month. 

Something melancholic and truly saddening about Coventry tonight.

A club of that stature and history celebrating wildly a Wembley final in a competition that is meaningless but made even more meaningless by the U23 tinkering filled me with hopelessness.

Oh and the extra fans absent tonight that will adorn the national stadium come the final.......

piss off

I do hope that Cov can win it though if just to give the genuine long suffering fans a bit of joy for a change. They deserve it.

On Sun Feb 05 2017 at 15:25, Bris Vegas said:

Gabriel Jesus looks like a Pep Guardiola player. Seems far more involved than Sergio Aguero.

The relegation fight in the Premier League is far better this season than any other I can remember. From Sunderland to Middlesbrough, I can't pick which three are going down.

Swansea and Hull look far better after their managerial changes.

Palace have Allardyce, Sunderland are improving under Moyes while you'd imagine Leicester should have enough about them to stay up considering how well they did last year.

I'd love Middlesbrough to go down after they spent all that money and Karanka generally being an arse.

After we spent all that money? If you mean in the championship then I think you guys had spends similar to ours.

If you mean in the Prem then it goes without saying that we're close to the bottom of the league's pile for splashing the cash, even in the sides most involved in the battle against the drop we're in the middle of the bottom 6 sides for net spends, not at the top, especially when Sheff Wed's delayed payment for Rhodes to us is eventually made.

If you mean out of the 3 promoted sides then I'm sorry to burst your bubble again, but Burnley have spent a good deal more than we have, and this despite them keeping hold of the majority of the side they had in the Prem 2 seasons ago to start with. Looks like you've bought into Dyche's "Boo hoo, poor little Burnley haven't got a pot to pi$s in" bullshit hook, line and sinker that he levelled non-stop at both Boro and Derby last season.

By contrast I can at least understand the other poster's dislike of the dull football we play, it's boring as fook. Granted our defence is joint 4th best in the league which we can be proud of, but our attack is virtually non-existent and rumour has it our last 16 cup-tie against Oxford is getting forcedly shown to residents of Guantanamo Bay (and Amnesty International are hitting the roof about it)

However the majority of our fans realise that we haven't as yet got the players to go toe to toe with a lot of the league playing the flair game and as such are prepared to put up with these defend at all costs tactics if it consolidates our postion in the top flight next season.

We'll then be able to recruit and build more, adding flair and guile to our stoic resistance. Don't get me wrong though, if we stay up yet still aren't showing any more entertaining tactics next time out I think a lot of the fans may complain to say the least.

Archived