Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

African Nations Cup between Togo and Ivory Coast. Absolutely terrible.

The ground is empty.

The only positive is that it's live football on a Monday afternoon. Better than watching some crappy quiz show with arrogant know it alls. Just about.

Bit harsh on your kids and misses...!

4 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

African Nations Cup between Togo and Ivory Coast. Absolutely terrible.

The ground is empty.

The only positive is that it's live football on a Monday afternoon. Better than watching some crappy quiz show with arrogant know it alls. Just about.

Yes, I've got that nonsense (occupying my time at home whilst I'm sending myriad copies of my cv off, waiting for agents to call etc) at the moment. Still, it's given me time to catch up with The Vikings and The Man In The High Castle on Amazon Prime.

Lincoln v Ipswich

A team of ogres booting the ball in the sky hoping it lands in the goal against a team taking risks, creating chances with good team play, composed and confident passing.

Yep, Lincoln look by far the better team. 

Theo Robinson in action.

I think the commentators might be Tom Lawrence's agents

Are Ipswich really a Championship side? No word of a lie, if I was an Ipswich fan there would be a letter in the post to the club first thing requesting a ticket refund and an apology in writing from McCarthy otherwise my ST would be cancelled with immediate effect.

McCarthy should offer his resignation first thing tomorrow regardless of result now. Lincoln look like Real Madrid. Cowley of Lincoln or McCarthy of Ipswich. One is an intelligent up and coming motivator and tactician and the other is a complete dinosaur.

Didn't have a chance to watch the game properly until the last 15 minutes.  Saw enough though to know that Lincoln were the better side and what a dramatic lovely goal there at the end, fully deserved.  Lincoln were physical and that's a good plan against the likes of Ipswich if you have the players to do it.

On 10/16/2016 at 16:52, Bris Vegas said:

Their energy and hardworking style makes them competitive at home, but away from home I can't see how they're going to pick up more than say seven points all season.

They're cannon-fodder for most of the league on the road, and it's the sort of game where you would be ruing it after if you dropped points against them.

I can see Burnley getting around 23 points from their 19 home games, but only around five on the road.

If it has somehow escaped your attention......Burnley now have 25 points from 12 home games with 7 still to play:)

Hope you didn't have any money on them getting 23 or less.

Just now, Grantona said:

If it has somehow escaped your attention......Burnley now have 25 points from 12 home games with 7 still to play:)

Hope you didn't have any money on them getting 23 or less.

They've been superb at home haven't they? I certainly didn't envisage them getting so many wins at home. I thought Boro would be the more likely of the two to have a fortress-like home ground.

I'm still convinced they won't win away all season. And while they look in a good position now, I can still see them going down. They have Chelsea at home, then four away games on the spin before returning at home to Spurs coming up soon. It will be interesting to see how they cope after that. Could take its toll on them morale wise.

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

They've been superb at home haven't they? I certainly didn't envisage them getting so many wins at home. I thought Boro would be the more likely of the two to have a fortress-like home ground.

I'm still convinced they won't win away all season. And while they look in a good position now, I can still see them going down. They have Chelsea at home, then four away games on the spin before returning at home to Spurs coming up soon. It will be interesting to see how they cope after that. Could take its toll on them morale wise.

You may be proved right but after Sunday's away match at Arsenal, the Clarets will only have Liverpool to play away of the "Big Six" in their 9 remaining away games - I'd be disappointed if they could not manage at least one win from Swansea, Hull, Sunderland, Palace, Middlesbrough, Watford or Bournemouth. The only other away game against a top 10 team is at Everton (and they lost 2-1 at Turf Moor).

If things do go pear-shaped and they need a result from their final game, Burnley have a massive "Get out of jail" card with a last-day home game against West Ham, who will be mid-table with their players hopefully already "on the beach"....a last-minute home win over the "couldn't be ars*d" Hammers was the catalyst for Leicester's "Great Escape" in 2014/15.

If you are still convinced Burnley are going down, you can get a tasty 7/1 at some bookies....those odds will be slightly shorter after losing at Arsenal on Sunday.

Archived