How many goals will we score/who will score them?

Coneheadjohn

I know its a rubbish first thread but after watching the Chesterfield and Sheffield Utd games last week I was wondering where they are coming from this year.

I am far too positive/unrealistic for my own good.So off the top of my head.

Benty 15

Wardrobe 15

Ince 10

Blackman 8(don't shoot me).

JR 8

I suppose another 20 scattered amongst the midfielders.

Probably way off,although I can see Benty having a good year.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackman 12+

Bent/Martin is more difficult to predict as I think one of them will have a good season at the expense of the other. I'd say 15+ for one of them, 8+ for the other.

Ince 12+

Weimann 10+

I won't do others as I think those are the player who'll at some point play in the top 2. Don't think JR will.

I like this 'optimism' lark. 

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

I'd hope for double figures from Ince, Bent, Martin, maybe Blackman, Russell

At least 5 for each of the midfielders.

I reckon Blackman's going to be Pearson's player tbh. 

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

Certainly looks that way, given his comments in the Q+A

I've definitely missed having a manager who is a little more open about his opinions of players. I think Clement and McClaren would have said something along the lines of "he has talent, but they all do", you know? Something obvious yet vague. 

If Pearson sees something there that he believes can develop into something special I'm in no place to question his judgement. He seems to have a pretty good track record of turning athletes with potential into quality players. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

I've said all along we need to sign another striker so we will be short of goals this season .

Do not know where the goals will come from and  it's going to be a problem IMO 

We have at least 4 strikers.

Optimistic mode now turned up to 11 

Right then .. One of Bent or Martin to hit 20 

and then we have one of those special years where goals come from all over .. The mark of a great team

Ince, Weiman and Blackman all to get a handful each with one of them getting double figures

and then sundry others including JR and Razza in a late season flourish, getting more than the odd one ... We will be knocking on the door of 100 goal season. 

Yeah I know it's daft .. But set the bar high and see how far we can get. After Saturday's 0-0 draw I go in to dilusion therapy COYR

8 hours ago, curtains said:

I've said all along we need to sign another striker so we will be short of goals this season .

Do not know where the goals will come from and  it's going to be a problem IMO 

I don't get this argument about needing another striker? Martin & Ince have consistently scored the last year or two, bent has proved himself when given the chance and now it seems blackman and weimann seem to be up for it this season. Add in the likeliness that one of hendrick/bryson/butterfield will hit double figures and I wouldn't complain.

Archived