Will Derby fans ever agree on anything so is the Managers job a hopeless task

Curtains

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be very interesting to see how fans are reacting in about six weeks time if we haven't seen some if any player moments in or out of the Club, & the start of the season has proved to be very difficult so far ?.

That's not to say Pearson won't lead us to success if given the time.

18 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I agree with this . But I disagree with myself . Does that mean we agree? 

Actually then we do agree. But if you'd agree to disagree and agree that with yourself, we would be quite close to Sorites paradox.

First thing you've got to agree on Curtains is whether or not you agree with how good a manager is one week then busy contradicting yourself another week...... Can't think whose done that before ?

11 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

First thing you've got to agree on Curtains is whether or not you agree with how good a manager is one week then busy contradicting yourself another week...... Can't think whose done that before ?

Do you count lack of success in getting to the Premier League as a problem because I do. 

People may take the view that this squad can get us promoted with a new manager without personnel changes. 

We will wait and see but he must be allowed to make the changes he wants to and will stand or fall on his decisions as other managers have in the past.  

I await the outcome.

7 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Curtains always does thread titles that resemble Fall Out Boy song titles with their length. 

Fall Out Boy's titles are occasionally punctuated, though.

'Will Derby fans ever agree on anything so is the Managers job a hopeless task'

I do like a philosophical existential debate.

I'd say the answer is 'no' and 'no' and the two questions are independent.

I can't see Rams fans agreeing on anything, and if I make the mistake of reading through tweets on any topic, whether Derby related or not, it is clear this is human nature as has been previously pointed out.

Derby play at the iPro. No, it's Pride Park. Will always be the BBG.

At least we can agree they play on grass. No, it's a SISGRASS partially synthetic pitch. etc etc

The manager can ignore fans and is best doing so, and his task is full of hope, especially at the start of the season.

QED

On 28 July 2016 at 09:13, curtains said:

I think so. 

Hendrick this Hendrick that. 

Johnson this Johnson that 

Forsyth this Forsyth that. 

Olsson this Olsson that  

Buxton this Buxton that. 

And then there is Martin and Keogh etc. 

I reckon this was close to post of the year, a few more players names this and a few more players names that, with the ending 'fukit', perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived