Clement or Brown - mind boggles!

irobinson

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clement might not have quite made it as a manager/head coach at Derby. Maybe too early for him. But some of the top men in Europe at some of the top clubs have seen his value in their team.

Don't just slate him based on his first attempt at management

Clement is clearly an excellent coach and I think he'd be a good appointment on the England staff if it happens

I honestly don't know how can people can suggest Clement didn't make it at Derby. He was sacked when we were fifth in the league, not fifth from bottom.

The football might have been poor, his decisions to ignore the youth might have been poor, his decision-making at times might have been poor, but he was hardly an utter failure.

Better teams than Derby have been lower than fifth in the Championship before.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I honestly don't know how can people can suggest Clement didn't make it at Derby. He was sacked when we were fifth in the league, not fifth from bottom.

The football might have been poor, his decisions to ignore the youth might have been poor, his decision-making at times might have been poor, but he was hardly an utter failure.

But for someone who was meant to be the next best thing, even Daz Waz managed us to 5th. (just playing Devil's Advocate)

22 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Though it won't be an issue with international football, let's not forget the signings. He spent £25,000,000 and managed to make us weaker.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Though it won't be an issue with international football, let's not forget the signings. He spent £25,000,000 and managed to make us weaker.

He didn't spend 25m, a bunch of signings were already made before he even arrived.

Our recruitment team was responsible for last season's disaster deals.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

He didn't spend 25m, a bunch of signings were already made before he even arrived.

Our recruitment team was responsible for last season's disaster deals.

He had the final say. That's enough for me.

He's a good coach. Regardless of whether you think he did a good enough job with us or not, there's no denying he's a good coach.

If there was a foreign coach (who we had no affiliation with) that had been number 2 at PSG, Chelsea, Real and now Bayern and was linked with being England's number two, I don't think anyone would put up too many complaints.

Archived