Early thoughts on Pearson's tenure

Rample

10 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Yes yes yes. 

But would he know the right cutlery to use for roast puffin or braised seal flipper?

No? Well I rest my case :thumbsup:

As far as i know he has five fingers on each hand and knows how to use them

He'll have them huffin and puffin and flippin

Good enough for me :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dislike this......

How can we judge a Fooking manager when we've not had a single competitive game?

Thought we were hasty in judging Clement after 20 games. Gone even quicker to judge now.

The football fan WANT WANT WANT generation. Puzzles me somewhat

Know what you mean bob but it's kind of an OK thread if used sensibly and understood that you can't make any real definitive judgements any time soon ,, for me I like what I see and what I see is happily what I was expecting and hoping for,, the latest vid on rams player gives me a little inSight into him ie he is on the training field with the players and the semi high fives with the players as they complete the session shows the side of him that wants to bond with the players and build a mutual respect rather than this unfounded idea that players are just scared of a bully or an aloof character ,, the snippets I've seen show a manager with that rare quality that allows him to be one of the boys but still very much the boss and the kind of boss that players will respect ,trust and run through walls for ,,, early days for that kind of view? Maybe but it's what I pick up , also he gains players trust by not throwing money around without even looking at what's at the club ,, it's no good telling every players it's a fresh start with a clean slate for all then buying players before even looking to see if the ones he's giving a clean slate to are up to the job? No he will do for me , I have total faith he will do the job if given time

52 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Dislike this......

How can we judge a Fooking manager when we've not had a single competitive game?

Thought we were hasty in judging Clement after 20 games. Gone even quicker to judge now.

Yep. Being premature is one of my strengths. But lately here has been some strange people asking for second chance... Proper Derby fan wouldn't give even the first!

Sith Happens

My early thoughts on pearson, and i have given this an awful lot of consideration and not taken my response lightly, and i have to say....its too early to say.

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Dislike this......

To me the thread is more of a what's your initial thoughts on Pearson. A kinda first impression.

For me, Pearson wasn't the manager that was the obvious choice, I don't think there was one. But I have to say I have been impressed with what I have seen so far. From the training videos, the lack of interviews, how he is quiet and just getting on with the job, starting preseason with such a hard game, noticing where we were struggling in that first half and changed formation to help combat that (yes I know it is only a friendly but he saw a weakness of ours being exploited and altered it) how we haven't rushed into signings. Everything just feels a little more thorough. 

17 minutes ago, rynny said:

To me the thread is more of a what's your initial thoughts on Pearson. A kinda first impression.

For me, Pearson wasn't the manager that was the obvious choice, I don't think there was one. But I have to say I have been impressed with what I have seen so far. From the training videos, the lack of interviews, how he is quiet and just getting on with the job, starting preseason with such a hard game, noticing where we were struggling in that first half and changed formation to help combat that (yes I know it is only a friendly but he saw a weakness of ours being exploited and altered it) how we haven't rushed into signings. Everything just feels a little more thorough. 

I like the fact that we don't have a sound bite every day like we did before. He needs to look under the hood at the set-up he has and assess the strengths and weaknesses.

He will be getting an understanding of the character in the squad.

If we have any cash to spend then I would be surprised if we didn't go for a new CH because IMO our back-up is weak.

i think it will be interesting to see who he sees as his front 2 or 3 from the options available.

I have my ticket for Brighton and am excited to get a feel for the new Derby.

Thought about it.----Slept on it.-  This thread is the new Derby way,no patience.

Back to the old days,judge the manager after three years,This squad needs trimming,and to do it right takes time,

We are lucky the basic squad is good,,and is ready for the challenge ,this year playoffs,at least,

The team needs guidance,and only time can do it, 

1 minute ago, trevor1946 said:

Thought about it.----Slept on it.-  This thread is the new Derby way,no patience.

Back to the old days,judge the manager after three years,This squad needs trimming,and to do it right takes time,

We are lucky the basic squad is good,,and is ready for the challenge ,this year playoffs,at least,

The team needs guidance,and only time can do it, 

What about 5 years lol. 

Just joking.

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Dislike this......

Come on, have you seen the table?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

Playoffs has to be minimum and on current form we are going backwards.:D

Few, if any conclusions to draw just yet. Pretty clear he's not going to be rushed into buying or selling without having had a look at the squad first hand whiich is sensible IMO. Hopefully the fans will give him enough time to work out who starts and where. Suspect there'll be a few more players leaving the club or being loaned out and hopefully an inspired dip or two into the loan market when the time is right.

Soooo reminds me of Arthur Cox. Same haircut, same measured manner with the press.

I'm so excited about his tenure, not necessarily even this season. Eventually, I think he'll be the man to take us up and onward.

Does he really need to sign anyone? 

Three seasons ago the squad would have been promoted if it wasnt for that mistake

Two seasons ago we were doing excellent until mac lost the dressing room

last season the management was terrible 

I think we are good enoughg and all we need is a decent manager to guide these players and get us over the line. If we turn up derby v hull second playoff leg we'd steam roll everyone in this division however turn up like we did in the first leg and we'd go down

we finished in the playoffs with bad management and our best player missing we need two maybe three additions and a few gone that is all but the current squad id probably good enough 

Two lads walked past me yesterday (on 82 minutes. .it's the derby way ya know) and one said "I can't watch that all season".

39 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

Two lads walked past me yesterday (on 82 minutes. .it's the derby way ya know) and one said "I can't watch that all season".

I'm not sure whether they qualify as *****, or ignorant *****. I'm going with ignorant *****.

Thats the problem with people today, want everything cellophane wrapped and immediately.

Archived