It will get worse before it gets better

Doodle

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm all for giving a manager time to build something.

But if that's what we wanted then why such the rush to get rid of Wassall? Why not give him 3 years to build?

Booooooooooo

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, eddie said:

Booooooooooo

A good point very well made!

I'm looking forward to seeing what Pearson brings to the table but am astonished that people who turned on one of our own last season, because they wanted instant success, now want another 3 year plan!

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what Pearson brings to the table but am astonished that people who turned on one of our own last season, because they wanted instant success, now want another 3 year plan!

It was marginally easier to type than 'Rotherham'. In all my years of supporting Derby, that was one of very few moments where the bile and hatred which festers in the hearts of some Derby fans surfaced and was projected at 'one of our own'. It disgusted me a little then, and still does now.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Lol. Yeah cos Wassall looked like he'd get somewhere in three years? Not!

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm all for giving a manager time to build something.

But if that's what we wanted then why such the rush to get rid of Wassall? Why not give him 3 years to build?

There wasn't any rush to get rid of Wassall. We were told the job was his until the end of season and he had the job until the end of the season. Numerous times MM/SR were asked by the media about this and that manager taking over immediately to replace Wassall. They always maintained that they had no interest, and the job was Wassall's for the season, which it was.

24 minutes ago, eddie said:

It was marginally easier to type than 'Rotherham'. In all my years of supporting Derby, that was one of very few moments where the bile and hatred which festers in the hearts of some Derby fans surfaced and was projected at 'one of our own'. It disgusted me a little then, and still does now.

This type of behaviour has become much more common since Wembley. I thinking somebody actually wishing us to fail due to their dislike of Keogh tops my list. 

1 minute ago, cannable said:

This type of behaviour has become much more common since Wembley. I thinking somebody actually wishing us to fail due to their dislike of Keogh tops my list. 

Or even making up malicious garbage to make a non-existent point - but that's @curtains for you.

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Didn't realise you had a crystal ball or were so well versed in football that you can judge a manager after 3 months.

As well as you.

Surprised Wassall hasn't gone onto to better things than back to the Academy tbh.

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Didn't realise you had a crystal ball or were so well versed in football that you can judge a manager after 3 months.

But Mel can and that's all that really matters...........

Bit bored of these 3 year/5 year plans. The team is good enough to go up. We just need more of Hull away and less Hull at home. We need to assess and rebuild just seems an excuse to me. 

We are a big enough club and have a good enough squad and manager for promotion. So more focus on getting up this year rather than a series of excuses for failure and let's get behind the team. 

And maybe he sees points at the beginning of the season are as important as those at the end   -   and that 'patience' is not the be all and end all of everything.  A much over-used word at our place in recent seasons

As usual some positive points and as usual some bile... i dont post much (read a lot) and thats why...

Here's my pre season 'black and white' 3 penneth, I believe MM has Derby at his core, i believe he wants and wanted to find the 'right man', sadly for him/us PC wasn't it, i believe he gave it DW after PC's sacking to give him experience, and also he had time to reflect on his decisions (we all make mistakes and its his money/club) and then with wisdom gained, try to appoint said 'right man', If NP proves to be that man expect MM to back him with money from here to the champions league..

Some say Benfica was a bad way to start pre season,i think it was chosen deliberately and that it now gives NP chance to say, 'well guys, we have lots of work to do, dont you agree ? '... They are obviously going to say yes, and that readers is a 'positive attitude' going forwards....

43 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Bit bored of these 3 year/5 year plans. The team is good enough to go up. We just need more of Hull away and less Hull at home. We need to assess and rebuild just seems an excuse to me. 

We are a big enough club and have a good enough squad and manager for promotion. So more focus on getting up this year rather than a series of excuses for failure and let's get behind the team. 

exactly - same as the National Team - been waiting for a 3/5 yr plan horizon since 1974.....

All too business like. We have a good squad - work it out!

3 minutes ago, irobinson said:

exactly - same as the National Team - been waiting for a 3/5 yr plan horizon since 1974.....

All too business like. We have a good squad - work it out!

Exactly like England.

Anything less than promotion this year is unacceptable. We have a good enough side and with the extra money from the Premiership we can do more to the squad. 

You cannot build a team to survive in the Premier while you are in the championship. 

6 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Exactly like England.

Anything less than promotion this year is unacceptable. We have a good enough side and with the extra money from the Premiership we can do more to the squad. 

You cannot build a team to survive in the Premier while you are in the championship. 

Ten of Bournemouth's most regular starters were there last season. It would have been ten but for Callum Wilson's injury.

I firmly believe that if you go up playing 'the right way' then you will give yourself a huge chance of staying up.

3 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

There wasn't any rush to get rid of Wassall. We were told the job was his until the end of season and he had the job until the end of the season. Numerous times MM/SR were asked by the media about this and that manager taking over immediately to replace Wassall. They always maintained that they had no interest, and the job was Wassall's for the season, which it was.

Not from the club but from the 'fans' I would say there was a very big rush.

3 hours ago, toddy said:

But Mel can and that's all that really matters...........

Agreed. Given his passion and money he has invested I am more than willing to back the chairman and his judgement...shame others won't do the same unless his opinions match theirs.

Archived