Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 Prem clubs supposedly after him as well. Maybe just an attempt to hike the price?

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/jonathank-kodjia-looks-certain-to-depart-before-transfer-deadline-after-14m-derby-county-bid/story-29660752-detail/story.html

Jonathan Kodjia looks certain to depart before transfer deadline after £14m Derby County bid

Striker Jonathan Kodjia seems certain to depart Bristol City before Wednesday's transfer deadline.

The subject of a £14m bid from Championship rivals Derby County, the 27-year-old striker is also being pursued by three unnamed Premier League clubs.

Kodjia was left out of the match-day squad for today's Championship clash against Aston Villa at Ashton Gate with the Robins hoping to spark a bidding war for a player they paid £2.1m for when signing him from French second tier club Angers 13 months ago.

City officials are already considering a bid from Derby and, although no deal has yet been agreed, the money on offer is substantial. The Rams are prepared to pay £10m up front in a deal that could eventually rise to as much as £14m.

But the Championship promotion hopefuls are not the only ones in for Kodjia, who scored 20 goals in his first season in English football.

There is also Premier League interest with three clubs believed to have expressed an interest this week.

With four days to go before the transfer window closes, Kodjia's time at City appears to be up.

Head coach Lee Johnson and chief operating officer Mark Ashton are working tirelessly to bring in replacements before Wednesday and City are currently engaged in talks with two strikers.

They left him out in the hopes to start a bidding war ....

4 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Look. We get you really like jb. You have told us many times. Heck, most of us liked him too. But this is a thread about someone else and jb isn't coming back. You're probably wasting your time anyway 'cos most of the elite have you on ignore. Up the rams

BBB, thanks so much for the astute insight, chap. 

Cover blown.

So it really is a cosy club after all !!

Tell the truth and shame the devil, eh mate?

So anyway, how the flip does anybody in their right mind think of themselves as being part of an "elite" on a football  chatroom, pray tell??

C'mon, it's not exactly the Masons or the Illuminati, is it me duck?

More like down the Rams as we speak.

Buxton's used jockstrap has more character and balls (!!) than at least half of this current rabble in Derby shirts put together. 

What's with the royal "We" by the way? Surely you're not THAT well connected?

Presumably, you are one of the chosen few yourself.

Thankfully, there actually are some nice realistic people on here too.

Cap not doffed, knee not bent. 

But I will take a (very modest) bow.

For those who have got me on ignore, I salute your superior knowledge and acumen.

But not your level of insight or humility, sadly. 

So if we pay £14m for this kodgia will he have the necessary skills to score goals for us?

Will he be able to head in crosses from Olsson that resemble a scud missile? 

Will he be able to chase down balls hoofed by Shackell into no mans land?

Will he be able to go one better than Johnny Russell and get out of the blind alley he has run into and manage to get past his player and shoot?

I hope we've done our homework. 

Archived