England cricket 2016

froggg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an intriguing situation now - the two wickets in the last two overs would have given England a tremendous lift. The draw is the obvious favourite, but the cracks in the wicket are widening and I'd hazard a guess that days 4 and 5 will see the bowlers more in the ascendancy.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

It's an intriguing situation now - the two wickets in the last two overs would have given England a tremendous lift. The draw is the obvious favourite, but the cracks in the wicket are widening and I'd hazard a guess that days 4 and 5 will see the bowlers more in the ascendancy.

India have plenty of batting i think. Final wicket was a tailender. India bat to Tea tomorrow then there's only one likely winner. 

17 hours ago, Ramchester said:

India have plenty of batting i think. Final wicket was a tailender. India bat to Tea tomorrow then there's only one likely winner. 

India did bat until tea, and still trailed by 49.

2 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Hameed has looked fantastic, coolness and pure ability personified.

We have finally found Cook's opening partner.

Early days. It's only his first test though, I believe.

Graham Gooch started his test career with a 'pair', lasting 3 balls and 7 balls respectively.  I remember the commentator saying, on his second dismissal, to a catch, 'Only a player of Gooch's ability could have got to that' which I thought a bit odd at the time. He didn't turn out too bad in the end though

5 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Early days. It's only his first test though, I believe.

Graham Gooch started his test career with a 'pair', lasting 3 balls and 7 balls respectively.  I remember the commentator saying, on his second dismissal, to a catch, 'Only a player of Gooch's ability could have got to that' which I thought a bit odd at the time. He didn't turn out too bad in the end though

Gooch was 21... hameed only 19. Took gooch a few years before he was in the test side and quite a while to get his first test 100. Made up for it tho.

• 1 month later...

I can't believe how bad england have been the last two tests. So many things wrong. They just can't seem to bat in the second innings, and can't seem to bowl at all. Or field either. 

they got worse and worse as the series has gone on, which might be down to too much cricket for some , like Anderson. But he isn't really suited to these conditions anyway. We don't have a single quality spinner. And the batters don't seem to know how to play spin either. And so much for England batting all the way down the order. They don't. 

i can't see cook can survive as captain, and Baylis position must be vulnerable too. 

Spineless 2nd innings performance. I can accept England losing to a very good India side but the opposition had put over 750 on the board during the previous 2 days and we barely made 200.

The captain has to carry a good chunk of responsibility but the feeble batting of the likes of Stokes, Butler, Dawson & Bairstow was embarrassing. 

42 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Spineless 2nd innings performance. I can accept England losing to a very good India side but the opposition had put over 750 on the board during the previous 2 days and we barely made 200.

The captain has to carry a good chunk of responsibility but the feeble batting of the likes of Stokes, Butler, Dawson & Bairstow was embarrassing. 

How bad was that Bairstow shot? Completely out of context of the game situation. Unacceptable. 

46 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

How bad was that Bairstow shot? Completely out of context of the game situation. Unacceptable. 

And this from a player who if he had stayed any time at all in the last innings would have become the highest England run scorer in any calendar year. 

We seem to have quite a few flat track bullies but nobody you would want in a crisis. 

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Wasn't Buttler not out? 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived