England cricket 2016

froggg

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 21:41, PistoldPete2 said:

Was it Shane Warne who said we will soon see 500 scored in ODI innings... I think he's right!

I think this England side could do it.

I never thought that I would ever say that.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

309 after 50 overs.

It looks a difficult wicket to score quickly on (apart from the likes of Stokes and Buttler

blakey.jpg

"I hate you, Butler"

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, eddie said:

Quite close in the end. Bangladesh 288 all out. Rashid 4 wickets, Ball 5.

What happened to Roy , Hales and Root? Good job that Stokes came good in the end.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

What happened to Roy , Hales and Root? Good job that Stokes came good in the end.

Oh I see Hales and Root werent playing. Luckily England still bat very deep. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It's a good job our middle order can cope with being put under pressure by under performing openers because I can't remember the last time they were left a solid platform to play from.

The middle order went the same way as the upper order today, but Rashid and Woakes added 99 for the 9th wicket to claw England into the lead by 24.

Bangladesh now smashing the ball to all parts, with the 50 coming up in the 9th over without any setbacks. If their other batsmen show a positive mindset after a couple of wickets go down, I think they will win this game.

It's a big 'if' though.

2 hours ago, eddie said:

The middle order went the same way as the upper order today, but Rashid and Woakes added 99 for the 9th wicket to claw England into the lead by 24.

Bangladesh now smashing the ball to all parts, with the 50 coming up in the 9th over without any setbacks. If their other batsmen show a positive mindset after a couple of wickets go down, I think they will win this game.

It's a big 'if' though.

I would love to see a comparison over the last 12 months of runs scored by the top 5 batsmen in the order and the bottom 5. I still don't think the pitch they are playing on warranted the Bangladesh collapse then the shambles that was the England batting performance (Root, Woaks and Rashid aside).

On 29/10/2016 at 10:23, eddie said:

It's a big 'if' though.

61723986.jpg

51 minutes ago, eddie said:

61723986.jpg

Shame that England's batting all the way down to number 10 could not stop yet another England batting collapse. At least Duckitt played well second innings , otherwise I think England paid for making unnecessary changes to the bowling attack, and poor selections like ballance. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sage said:

Great day for England today to finish at 311-4. Though it could have been 311 for 2 with decent umpiring.  

Or 10-3 if India could catch.

Archived