Two home truths

eddie

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Blame the home fans that's typical of you. 

Losing 0-3 at home I mean really ! 

30,000 home fans that's good I'd say when it's on TV 

The team didn't turn up. 

Oh, Curtains.  I'm not blaming the home fans for the defeat to Hull. Let me repeat what the most important person in my life (apart from Kurt at Belgiuminabox) said, to me, when we got home in the early hours of this morning...

The fans at Hull tonight were absolutely brilliant. What a pity that many of the home-only fans don't recognise the harm they do on occasion with their negativity.

Not everyone is negative all the time - not even you, although I'm struggling to remember the last time you were positive about anything. Take the passion, the fervour and the noise of the 2,300 Rams fans who went to Hull - now multiply that 12 or 13 times to get our average 28,000 or 29,000 home gate.

Can't even you imagne what that would do to Derby's team - they would all think that they were unbeatable.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, eddie said:

Oh, Curtains.  I'm not blaming the home fans for the defeat to Hull. Let me repeat what the most important person in my life (apart from Kurt at Belgiuminabox) said, to me, when we got home in the early hours of this morning...

Not everyone is negative all the time - not even you, although I'm struggling to remember the last time you were positive about anything. Take the passion, the fervour and the noise of the 2,300 Rams fans who went to Hull - now multiply that 12 or 13 times to get our average 28,000 or 29,000 home gate.

Can't even you imagne what that would do to Derby's team - they would all think that they were unbeatable.

No comment. 

Only been to away matches all my life supporting the Rams. 

Were you at Colchester standing up and Hillsborough against Man U like me I suppose you was . 

I was at Notts County away when away fans were booing some time back. 

Away fans got annoyed at Rotherham this season didn't they. 

I was disappointed that we didn't fill the stadium on Saturday but I don't think the crowd can be blamed for anything beyond a few idiots booing certain players. And every club has its idiots. There are relatively few home stadiums in the world which maintain a good atmosphere when the team is playing poorly. The ones that spring to mind, from Germany, have men with megaphones and a determination to keep the atmosphere noisy. Derby don't have that, but I'd wager our home crowd are better than most.

Away fans are always louder and more committed than home fans but that's the same everywhere. They're the hardcore.

2 hours ago, Ewetube said:

One of my special memories of yesteryear was the 4 - 0 defeat at Anfield in the 80's against a sublime Liverpool team. I don't think we hardly even got into the Liverpool half all game and yet we never shut up all game long. We knew we were getting a hammering but decided collectively to make the most of it and have a jolly good sing-along. We even got a round of applause from the Kop at the end of it! I've still got the ticket stub from the match in my wallet and it makes me smile whenever I see it.

I remember that game Liverpool could of scored double figures that night but the Derby fans were amazing all game

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

There one man a few seats from me and does nrothing but slag the

Lads off all game long. Hull city first all season i snappied i told him to get behind the lads or to shut up. 

Good for you B4.

25 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

I remember that game Liverpool could of scored double figures that night but the Derby fans were amazing all game

I do remember the Derby fans singing "you've all gone quiet over there" to the Kop after it was emptied.

3 minutes ago, bcnram said:

I do remember the Derby fans singing "you've all gone quiet over there" to the Kop after it was emptied.

Anfield was a huge disappointment to me. I went to that game. 

"6-0 and you still don't sing" summed it up.

Someone offered Pepe Reina a fiver to let a goal in but he declined :( 

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Anfield was a huge disappointment to me. I went to that game. 

"6-0 and you still don't sing" summed it up.

Someone offered Pepe Reina a fiver to let a goal in but he declined :( 

And me when we lost 4-0 in 97-98 season. Outside the ground they were all grumbling that they hadn't won 6-0. It isn't theit fault though....

1 minute ago, rynny said:

And me when we lost 4-0 in 97-98 season. Outside the ground they were all grumbling that they hadn't won 6-0. It isn't theit fault though....

I guess it's only really european football and rival games their fans get up for. The Anfield atmosphere on TV (when I could watch it, so terrestrial, so european football) got me so excited to go, plus I liked Liverpool - always routing for them. Naive young me didn't realise that what I saw on TV isn't how it usually is. All the big clubs fans are silent as mice when they're playing the likes of Derby. 

I was talking to a couple of kids who were hull city fans i was telling them derby loudest fans in the country of course they would say no your not we are. Well i think they have learned derby fans are. One said to me are you b4. I said yes mate we heard about you. And then asked me if i go to all games i said yes missed about 3 away games this season.

13 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I was talking to a couple of kids who were hull city fans i was telling them derby loudest fans in the country of course they would say no your not we are. Well i think they have learned derby fans are. One said to me are you b4. I said yes mate we heard about you. And then asked me if i go to all games i said yes missed about 3 away games this season.

Half fan.

I hear you B4, I can't bring myself to get up and go to games either. Especially with such good TV and gaming opportunities. No fault of my own.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I hear you B4, I can't bring myself to get up and go to games either. Especially with such good TV and gaming opportunities. No fault of my own.

I feel your pain. it's uncanny the way the matches always seem to clash with me washing my hair.

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I could not go because my dad was working at the weekend games so saturday games normal

A no go for me but we have made some saturday games this season. 

Mate. I am sooo pulling your leg. Nobody on here could ever accuse you of not being a fully dedicated fan and your fame (infamy?) looks like going viral!

Your unflinching positivity has kept most of the rest of us going. Keep it up my friend!

Archived