Big Respect Guys!!

Strovolos

Glorious failure beats being mid-table though. 

We gave it a go and for that I'm happy, we didn't lye down and just go through the motions which we could have easily done, because lets be honest the fans had given up and none of us truly expected to do it anyway. 

Proper manager in and I reckon we'd be going very close.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that's needed although Muespach has been bating since the ref drew a close to the play offs for us.

Has none of that American 'positivity' rubbed off on your outlook yet?

For me, l've seen too much supporting the Rams over the years to go out looking for arguments with fans online who are encouraged by our final game of the season. The footballing world knows we had a shitter on Saturday and threw away the playoffs, it happens to the very best of them, they rectified it tonight with a gutsy all round performance. No discussion for me.

We are all of the same colours and we'll dust ourselves and look to go again next season. No biggy. COYR

1 minute ago, Archie said:

I don't think that's needed although Muespach has been bating since the ref drew a close to the play offs for us.

Has none of that American 'positivity' rubbed off on your outlook yet?

For me, l've seen too much supporting the Rams over the years to go out looking for arguments with fans online who are encouraged by our final game of the season. The footballing world knows we had a shitter on Saturday and threw away the playoffs, it happens to the very best of them, they rectified it tonight with a gutsy all round performance. No discussion for me.

We are all of the same colours and we'll dust ourselves and look to go again next season. No biggy. COYR.

No wonder m8 , I can't stand his sniping off the team , they didn't try to play bad Saturday , sometimes throughout a season u get performances like that , it just had to be first game of the play offs for us 

Let's be brutally honest. This season, as a whole, have we deserved to go up? Probably not. 

The season is over now. We've got the summer to add/remove squad members, get a new head coach/manager in, do whatever needs doing to get us challenging next season. 

But give the XI on the pitch in blue the credit they deserved tonight. This evening, they couldn't change what happened on Saturday, but they did have the opportunity to show us that they cared about their own integrity, reputations, and the shirt they were wearing. And they certainly did that. 

44 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Thank you for the support and good luck in the prem mate

We still get some good games next season, the gumps (florest), Newcastle, Aston Villa and... Burton Albion lol.. so all's not that bad.

Personally I look forward to reading,  Fulham,  Brighton and Brentford. 

Been a poor couple of seasons for the hants' losing Bournemouth Charlton Yeovil and MK Dons. :)

I think its worth bearing in mind that the two games were classic examples of what PRESSURE can do to a team.

In the first game I think the occasion got to your players.  Yes, there were obviously tactical considerations as well but everyone can be wise after the fact.

Tonight was a clear example of one side having absolutely nothing to loose and the other having everything to lose.  You played with all the freedom in the world and we looked like we were carrying the world on our shoulders.

The play-offs are a lottery and the Final will probably be the same, although I expect us to handle things a lot better than we did tonight!!!!   We should not judge players by what has happened in post-season but rather address the mistakes made in the regular season.  Those are where both our problems lie and what should be addressed for next season, whichever league we are in.

Tara!!! and Chins Up!!   UTT

1 hour ago, valleyram said:

No wonder m8 , I can't stand his sniping off the team , they didn't try to play bad Saturday , sometimes throughout a season u get performances like that , it just had to be first game of the play offs for us 

They didn't try to play that bad...? But they did...that performance on Saturday cost us promotion.

That third goal on Saturday just goes to show that you can't take your foot off the gas... ever! If it weren't for that goal, we'd probably be heading to Wembley in 11 days. 

But, a full season with Hughes back, some fine tuning, a new manager, and the support of the best fans in the league, and it'll be Premier League in 2017-18.

3 hours ago, Bilbo said:

Failure is failure, however you look at it. Needed to beat a team over two games. Today's performance cannot take away from the horror show seen on Saturday.

We all know that you only have to fail in one game. Two years ago we learnt that. Tonight we were good but not good enough to turn around a 3 - 0 score. I knew that 3rd goal was the nail in our coffin.

3 hours ago, philmycock said:

Wassall lost this for us Saturday, playing Hughes deep, superb display tonight, but it just proves his inexperience and inadequacies, time for a new manager and to take our team up next season, reasons to be cheerful, come on you Rams

I suppose Redknapp put him right tonight then?

Personally for me, this just shows that the players we have currently can't perform under pressure. Fair play to them for putting in a much improved performance but that fact is it doesn't override how bloodless, guileless and gutless they were Saturday. I still don't believe this is a group of players who have it in them to achieve what we want them too.

5 hours ago, eddie said:

I suppose Redknapp put him right tonight then?

Eddie you cant win with some on here , will was fantastic against Sheffield Wednesday in that role and I'm sure most of us would have played him there in the first leg , it didn't work but that wasn't down to will Hughes that was down to 11 players unfortunately having an off day 

14 minutes ago, valleyram said:

No it never , will Hughes and Bryson getting injured at Bolton cost us promotion

@MuespachRam is the posting equivalent of Donald Trump now he's gone to America.

Archived