Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

Savage gave us some fun times in a other wise rubbish period, let's be honest it was dreadful, playing forest was the highlight of the season... Now we're trying to sign players worth 10m and competing with the best in the league, hiring a manager that technically built the premiership winning team.. And we've got fans booing and whining lol

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Having a lot of gob and little talent isn't going to get you promoted!

No but I would guarantee that having little talent but plenty of passion and determination will get you further than having plenty of talent and little passion and determination. And as a fan I know who I would rather watch. 

2 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

No but I would guarantee that having little talent but plenty of passion and determination will get you further than having plenty of talent and little passion and determination. And as a fan I know who I would rather watch. 

Well I think that you rarely get an extreme separation of the two - but if you think Savage was passionate and determined and would prefer to watch him, carry on.

48 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Call me out on this but maybe if our squad had shown some of the passion and commitment that Savage did over the last 3 years then maybe we would be in the premiership now. 

I will. Passion is meaningless when you don't have the ball, and all Savage contributed was some shadow-chasing ankle-tapping, and hounding down backpasses that he was never going to catch.

I think you'll find that we've had plenty of players matching Savage for headlessly and aimlessly running about the pitch over the last few seasons.

We miss nothing about Savage.

14 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

I will never forget Savs scarf waving antics at the city ground.

it's in the record books isn't it?

Under Champions League winners, above Johnstones Paint Trophy winners, "Scarf waving Champions 2010 - Derby County".

They can never take that away

11 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Pair him up with Vinnie Jones amd you'd be on dreamland.

Dennis Wise showed them how to play.

46 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Maybe his wages are too much against his worth?

Or maybe that we are sailing close to or over the wind......

Archived