Bye to the Boleyn

Watching SSN and they're leading on a distasteful story of how the Man Utd team coach was attacked on the way to west hams ground.

Shame this sort of stuff still goes on. Some footage of little kids who'd just gone to enjoy the street party and were in tears.

No arrests.hope the cctv can help identify the culprits. 

We only gave davros some booing in 2014!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Its good to know that the so called legacy from the olympics will be in such good hands going forward...

'DAVID SULLIVAN claims that West Ham fans did not attack Manchester United’s team bus ahead of tonight’s clash at Upton Park.

The final-ever game at the Boleyn was delayed by 45 minutes as the Red Devils’ coach got stuck in traffic near the stadium.

Unsavoury snaps show Hammers fans attacking the vehicle on Green Street with glass bottles, leading to a lot of damage including plenty of smashed windows.

However, co-owner Sullivan insists that the United bus is fine as it never came under threat from Irons fans in the first place, adding that Louis van Gaal’s side were lucky to be afforded extra time to prepare for the match by police.

He told BBC Radio 5 Live: “It’s depressing really, it will be a late night for our fans and some of them won’t be able to stay.

“I don’t understand why United couldn’t get here at 4pm. They could have got here early. They knew it would be busy. It’s crazy.

There was congestion in the street and they couldn’t get the coach in. There were people around the coach, but there was no attack on the coach.

“If you check the coach there won’t be any damage to it. If we arrived late at Old Trafford they wouldn’t put the kick-off back.”

Speaking to Sky Sports, Sullivan added: “They know it’s our last game. They had the same problem at Tottenham a few weeks ago.

“I think the police and officials have been kind. I’d make them kick off at 7.45pm if I was in charge.”

8 hours ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Just watched that after-game X-Factor style send-off. Apalling. Makes you glad we got out of the BBG before SkySports took over football. 

I'd be so annoyed if I was a West Ham fan and I'd stayed behind for a crappy light show and rubbish music blaring over the PA. They had god knows how many ex players there, why not get them on the pitch?

17 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Its good to know that the so called legacy from the olympics will be in such good hands going forward...

'DAVID SULLIVAN claims that West Ham fans did not attack Manchester United’s team bus ahead of tonight’s clash at Upton Park.

The final-ever game at the Boleyn was delayed by 45 minutes as the Red Devils’ coach got stuck in traffic near the stadium.

Unsavoury snaps show Hammers fans attacking the vehicle on Green Street with glass bottles, leading to a lot of damage including plenty of smashed windows.

However, co-owner Sullivan insists that the United bus is fine as it never came under threat from Irons fans in the first place, adding that Louis van Gaal’s side were lucky to be afforded extra time to prepare for the match by police.

He told BBC Radio 5 Live: “It’s depressing really, it will be a late night for our fans and some of them won’t be able to stay.

“I don’t understand why United couldn’t get here at 4pm. They could have got here early. They knew it would be busy. It’s crazy.

There was congestion in the street and they couldn’t get the coach in. There were people around the coach, but there was no attack on the coach.

“If you check the coach there won’t be any damage to it. If we arrived late at Old Trafford they wouldn’t put the kick-off back.”

Speaking to Sky Sports, Sullivan added: “They know it’s our last game. They had the same problem at Tottenham a few weeks ago.

“I think the police and officials have been kind. I’d make them kick off at 7.45pm if I was in charge.”

good ol Hammers, nothing will happen to these cockney sparrows.  

Sullivan's comments are almost as bad as the actual incident and should result in the first 2 games being played behind closed doors, now that would be ironic.

19 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

why has football become so corrupt?

what do you mean, "become" ?- it has been for years. West Ham will, of course, be subject to no sanctions whatsoever. Imagine if the Man U coach had been attacked outside the I-Pro, what the response would have been.....? 

The west ham who survived relegation by fielding ineligible players whoes punishment was to...wait until next seasons fixtures were announced and then tell the world "it'd be unfair on the fans to change it now" ?

That west ham?

The FA will believe that it was not west ham fans and the coach was undamaged. Then reprimanded man u for being late.

Sullivan's initial comments were glib, inaccurate and insulting, not exactly the right declarations from a club boss, who should have taken the trouble to become informed about the street situation before opening his over-active mouth.

Some West Ham fans are just a slightly higher-class version of their dear ugly neighbours at Millwall. Let's hope that mob don't get promoted again.

I've always regarded the Hammers' lunatic fringe as among the worst in football, along with scum from such as Leeds & Millwall - ever since I witnessed, at Wembley 1976 (when Derby beat W Ham in The Charity Shield), West Ham louts throw beer glasses through the windows of a passing coach of Rams fans. Anyone else witness that? Horrific.

Yesterday's events echoed that horrid prelude and all I could muster was disgust and a knowing shudder.

Made me sick to the stomach on that day in '76. I was so relieved to get into the stadium, and to watch Derby dismantle the great 'Academy' Hammers.

I've disliked West Ham ever since then and surely even their fans know that their 'holy trinity' of Moore, Hurst & Peters are fond memories of glories long ago, that they cannot dine on forever?

Now, those East End families can watch footage of their own kids being upset, scattered and sickened by the mindless violence and dangerous stupidity of their Upton Park mob element.

They can all carry that memory into their heavily-subsidised new stadium as a tawdry reality.

Up The Orient :ph34r:

Archived