George Thorne

Kernow

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, LondonRam2 said:

How true, why wasn't he rested?  Why do we do these things?  Some kind of death wish?  Are we secretly afraid of promotion?

Much less upbeat now I must admit, playoffs are now gonna be a real slog.

Put Jake in there as a purely defensive CM with instructions to break up enemy attacks, win the ball and get rid ASAP to any of the runners.  Cometh the hour...

Clearly, it was an equally ridiculous decision to play Hughes and Bryson against Bolton, and what on earth were Derby doing arranging a friendly against Zenit the summer before last?

Remember Dave Beasant? The idiot dropped a bottle of salad cream on his foot and severed a tendon, which shows you just how much nutritionists know about the game. Salads can ruin your health - but even resting can be dangerous. Leroy Lita pulled a muscle (no, not THAT one) stretching in bed. You can't even go for a drive. Bobby Saxton once ran himself over with his own car.

40 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Reduced our chances of getting promoted by 40% now that George Thorne is out. Pointless team selection for a dead rubber game.

That's possibly the most annoying post of the day. 

Get well soon George  

I remember Alan Hinton tripping over a tin of white shoe polish and tearing his Achilles ? In all seriousness we will miss GT over the next 3 games but we have got the best playmaker in the league in Will Hughes, just need some protection in front of the back four and Baird is the boy.

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

I remember Alan Hinton tripping over a tin of white shoe polish and tearing his Achilles ? In all seriousness we will miss GT over the next 3 games but we have got the best playmaker in the league in Will Hughes, just need some protection in front of the back four and Baird is the boy.

Baird will not play.

It wil be Johnson, Hughes and Bryson. 

1 minute ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Only good news is that it isn't an ACL which I did fear initially being at the other end of the ground. Because a 3rd ACL in 4 years is starting to get towards retirement teritory... 

Very true. 

Broken legs 3-4 months. 

Shame for the lad though but he will be back next season. 

If Thorne hadn't played today then it'd have been just one game in the three and a half weeks leading up to the play offs. Always think George is best when he's sharp and playing games, rusty after a break. Terrible injury, feels like we'll never get a run of games with Thorne Hughes and Martin all in the team.

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

George can be replaced by Will and then use Bradley on the left of midfield with Craig doing his thing of tireless running etc. 

That does look like a decent enough for midfield. Will miss Thorne's defensive skills though

6 minutes ago, eddie said:

Clearly, it was an equally ridiculous decision to play Hughes and Bryson against Bolton, and what on earth were Derby doing arranging a friendly against Zenit the summer before last?

Remember Dave Beasant? The idiot dropped a bottle of salad cream on his foot and severed a tendon, which shows you just how much nutritionists know about the game. Salads can ruin your health - but even resting can be dangerous. Leroy Lita pulled a muscle (no, not THAT one) stretching in bed. You can't even go for a drive. Bobby Saxton once ran himself over with his own car.

If you service your car regularly and look after it properly, driving it well, it's far more likely to last and run well than if you never had anyone look under the bonnet and were continually thrashing the gears. Yes there is risk in everything and it might still break down but it's about optimizing your performance (which you claimed was a very "Clement" thing for me to mention previously when I said beffore the game that Thorne shouldn't play).

We needed the points against Bolton; points were irrelevant today; Zenit was unlucky.

If you deliberately run across a minefield you are more likely to get yourself blown up compared with a situation when you might be very unlucky to step on an isolated mine that no one knew was there. Today, Darren and Harry decided that we'd run across a minefield for the hell of it. Unfortunately they didn't get lucky. But I was very angry about their lack of professionalism before kickoff and contacted the club to say as much as soon as the team sheet was released.

Wonder if the FA will look into it. Looks from the pics to be studs up and not looking at the ball...

Feel bad for Thorne but surely with Johnson and Butterfield to call on we have the quality in midfield to cope...

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If you service your car regularly and look after it properly, driving it well, it's far more likely to last and run well than if you never had anyone look under the bonnet and were continually thrashing the gears. Yes there is risk in everything and it might still break down but it's about optimizing your performance (which you claimed was a very "Clement" thing for me to mention previously when I said beffore the game that Thorne shouldn't play).

We needed the points against Bolton; points were irrelevant today; Zenit was unlucky.

If you deliberately run across a minefield you are more likely to get yourself blown up compared with a situation when you might be very unlucky to step on an isolated mine that no one knew was there. Today, Darren and Harry decided that we'd run across a minefield for the hell of it. Unfortunately they didn't get lucky. But I was very angry about their lack of professionalism before kickoff and contacted the club to say as much as soon as the team sheet was released.

Did you get to speak to Mel?

3 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Bad news. Very unlucky player.

Only hope we replace him properly next season. Hughes or Johnson to play CDM in the play offs I take it.

Gotta be Johnno.  Hughes is better in a free roaming role.

Archived