Togetherness / the Jimmy Bullard observation

r4derby

Out team spirit has been noted as good over the past couple of seasons, particularly peaking under Mac. My fear had been that a change in leadership to Clement and a raft of new signings might/would impact on team togetherness. 

Observation since the start of the season has lead to different fans having a mixture of opinions on this topic. I personally thought it did suffer a bit, only really showing that we have a strong chemistry in the past month or so (not that it wasn't there, but just wasn't obvious)

Not sure if anyone saw/read the interview with Jimmy after the Soccer AM filming. His comments about the obvious togetherness of the players, highlighted by the fact that over half the first team stayed behind after training to heckle/support Chrissy. He said that hasn't happened at any other team he has been at this season.

Bodes well for our next few weeks. The last time we had a strong group going into the end of the season (make what you will of last year) we ended being 2 minutes from extra time at Wembley after being the better team.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Alpha said:

Bet Tom Ince didn't

That's a joke. Poor Tom gets blamed for everything.

'I hope we don't sign Tom Ince, he's rubbish and not as good as he thinks and I don't like step-overs and is dads a knob and he's black and I'm racist' - Alpha, January 2015

That's a direct quote :whistle:

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I get the sense Tom Ince has worked his way into the brotherhood of the squad over this season by knuckling down and working hard and earning his credit in it. Good for him. this I know from nothing.

I've always got the impression that Ince has been popular among the group, since day 1.

Always said I've thought this attitude chatter was ******** and people putting his dads words in his mouth.

Archived