Spurs

Rams forever

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Reminded me of the old Argentinian team. Have Spurs any Argentinian influence? :whistle:

Reminded me of the DYS - just lacked a snidey little coward like Bremmner whinging to the ref. for the entire game. But the little niggles, standing on hands, arriving for later for tackles than Trent buses, all were reminiscent of that bunch of cynical cnuts. Similarly, all the worse because, they're a talented team, who have actually played some very good football this year. 

Nice one spurs - not a great example to kids watching at grass roots level. Passion is it? Seems more like playground. 

They probably regret it today.

Thing that annoyed me the most was that they were at it from the start of the game.

After Chelsea got back to 2-2 you could understand it, it is never justified but in the heat of the moment and passion you could understand it.

However, you are away at Chelsea trying to keep your title ambitions alive and even when winning 2-0 they were flying into challenges as if they REALLY wanted to be sent off/ break someone's leg...what was the point, they were winning! Completely lost their head and that is inexcusable.

Strange they would be quite so upset too. The writing has been on the wall for a couple of weeks. The chances of them actually winning the league at this stage were always going to be very slim, so as they as they could keep the dream alive, that's great, but when that dream finally drifts away, there's no point getting too upset about it. 

The battle was lost at west brim really, not Chelsea, that's when they should have got really upset. 

19 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

I know you can lose your rag and say something but poking someone in the eye? stamping on someone? throwing your toys out the pram in the tunnel? nah that's just over the top and the FA will need to reprimand Spurs for it, some bans coming no doubt and I'd make the bans from the start of next season. 

Agree with banning them from the start of next season - any ban covering the last 2 games of this season would be meaningless

Fabrigas reaction was akin...nay, worse, than my 5 year olds nursery group when someone nicks the Lego and it isn't their turn. 

Most of you moaning about how dirty Spurs were would have curled yer toes up watching 60s/70s football with the likes of Jim Holton, Ron Harris, Bruce Rioch, Denis Smith, Norman Hunter... 

I likes a bit of spice I does... 

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 23:44, froggg said:

Yes they can, Dembele is in for a lengthy retrospective ban after tonight.

Could this impact his involvement in the Euro's?

I love Dembele as a player but the eye gouging was unforgivable.

Apart from the Dembele incident I loved Spurs passion, I can imagine Chelsea were in the Spurs players' ears all night.

5 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Could this impact his involvement in the Euro's?

I love Dembele as a player but the eye gouging was unforgivable.

Apart from the Dembele incident I loved Spurs passion, I can imagine Chelsea were in the Spurs players' ears all night.

9 bookings from one team isn't passion - it's basically losing any semblance of self-control to the point of self-destruction.

2 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

I could self destruct that way with Costa and Fabrigas... Easy done. 

There's little doubt he's (Costa) made of the same cynical stuff as Mr Chewy-Bitems (Luis Suarez).

13 hours ago, eddie said:

There's little doubt he's (Costa) made of the same cynical stuff as Mr Chewy-Bitems (Luis Suarez).

I think what I'm really saying is that, of course it's not ok to self destruct and act in the way Spurs did, and my earlier comments are slightly tongue in cheek, but if anyone's going to get a kicking then I'd vote for Chelsea ( and Chewy - Bitems) and I'm not losing much sleep over it. 

In the same way many years ago I didn't lose much sleep over that Crystal Palace gobsheet having a " visit" from Eric Cantona... 

1 hour ago, StockholmRam said:

I think what I'm really saying is that, of course it's not ok to self destruct and act in the way Spurs did, and my earlier comments are slightly tongue in cheek, but if anyone's going to get a kicking then I'd vote for Chelsea ( and Chewy - Bitems) and I'm not losing much sleep over it. 

In the same way many years ago I didn't lose much sleep over that Crystal Palace gobsheet having a " visit" from Eric Cantona... 

Cantina should have been banned from football for ever after that, just as Suarez should be. 

PistoldPete2
20 hours ago, eddie said:

9 bookings from one team isn't passion - it's basically losing any semblance of self-control to the point of self-destruction.

Unless Lee mason was the ref. But by all accounts Spurs lost it...and not just the league title. 

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Cantina should have been banned from football for ever after that, just as Suarez should be. 

That's a coincidence. Football should be banned from the Cantina. It breaks the plates.

Archived