OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Surely he would have discussed these things with the hierarchy already?

not necessarily. He may have been focussed on the job he was given. They may have just said "do what we are asking, we will speak at the end of the season".

4 minutes ago, Dcfc10 said:

Dont listen to rednapp mel. listen to wot fans want nigel pearson in. Please not tim sherwood. Doing my bit for dcfc. Lol.

I don't want Nigel Pearson in. We won't get the Leicester Pearson, we will get the Hull Pearson as he won't have his backroom staff.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

not necessarily. He may have been focussed on the job he was given. They may have just said "do what we are asking, we will speak at the end of the season".

I don't want Nigel Pearson in. We won't get the Leicester Pearson, we will get the Hull Pearson as he won't have his backroom staff.

This is a point people are missing,

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Yani P said:

Thats a decent move in 10 minutes :lol:

Is this based on the DET poll with Pearson as the fans favourite and Wassall not? Wont mel just appoint who he wants not who the fans tell him to appoint?

12 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Presumably you'd rule Wassall out if Redknapp takes the Nigeria job, or Kevin Phillips joins Bolton?

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Presumably you'd rule Wassall out if Redknapp takes the Nigeria job, or Kevin Phillips joins Bolton?

I don't follow. Unless you are suggesting I think Wassall's success is down to Redknapp and Phillips. If I am honest, I don't think it's fair to judge Wassall. As I said on the podcast, I don't think Wassall has tried to instil his own style and ethos on the team yet, this is why he needs interviewing. Wassall basically just tried to replicate the McClaren way in my opinion, and should he get the job, or even get an interview, he needs to be clear about stamping his own style on the team. 

I would be concerned if Redknapp disappeared, but no so much Phillips as for all of his playing prowess, he was also a coach under Clement and when we couldn't score for toffee.

The Hull Nigel Pearson would be decent imo, he didn't do that bad a job there and it was mainly the team he built that Bruce took up in 2012-13. 

If he poached Shakespere or Walsh from Leicester than we'd be in good hands.

Just now, DCFCArmy said:

The Hull Nigel Pearson would be decent imo, he didn't do that bad a job there and it was mainly the team he built that Bruce took up in 2012-13. 

If he poached Shakespere or Walsh from Leicester than we'd be in good hands.

No chance would Leicester scouting team come here. Forget that idea.

there would be huge clubs in the top flight queuing up to offer them a big wedge. They have already been linked with arsenal multiple times in the paper.

pipe dream that would never, ever happen.

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I don't follow. Unless you are suggesting I think Wassall's success is down to Redknapp and Phillips. If I am honest, I don't think it's fair to judge Wassall. As I said on the podcast, I don't think Wassall has tried to instil his own style and ethos on the team yet, this is why he needs interviewing. Wassall basically just tried to replicate the McClaren way in my opinion, and should he get the job, or even get an interview, he needs to be clear about stamping his own style on the team. 

I would be concerned if Redknapp disappeared, but no so much Phillips as for all of his playing prowess, he was also a coach under Clement and when we couldn't score for toffee.

I just think it's a touch unfair to place all the credit for Nigel Pearson's success at Leicester down to his assistants.

You might as well say his assistants at Hull weren't up to the job, and we should be breaking the bank to appoint the Leicester assistants as our new management duo.

Archived