OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Bit of an argument brewing on the Derby mad forum. I trust sdsr over any claiming ITK over there.

I saw it few minutes after I seen some people mentioned about that forum so went and looked at it. Ignore it mate 

Interesting idea ,,, redknap put in not to hold wass hand but rather asses for Mel whether he was up to the job full time and if not who he thought would / could be right for it?

3 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Why the hell they would need to interview Wassall is beyond me. Surely they know the guy inside out. 

I agree, give him the job or do not interview him. Mel is happy with him or he is not. Wassall has done a very good job but not to warrant a long term contract in my opinion.Give Darren a monster pay rise.

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

Derby Telegraph Poll today (about 2,400 people) gave Pearson the most votes. Wassall got 4 % of the votes i.e. 95 votes from 2,400.

i think that Mel should either give Darren the job or not interview him, If he is interviewed and does not get the job it may prove to be more divisive than he just going back to the Academy. A very tricky one.

I agree wholeheartedly. His interview should indeed have been what he's done at the club for years and in the role for month. Not an hour in Mel's office. 

I once interviewed with my manager for someone to work for me. She'd be on a temporary contract elsewhere in the department for 6 months and had done a brilliant job and I'd have hired her full time without interview if I'd been allowed. After the interview, my boss didn't want to give her the job because she was nervous! I told him he was a moron and I didn't care about the interview because I already knew she was exceptional at the job. And she proved to be the best assistant I ever had. For me, Wassall has demonstrated he's not the man and I don't see the point in keeping him dangling through the interview process.

Pearson's credentials are there for all to see. I worry that Sherwood might be able to blag a decent interview, but then again he could start talking about himself in the third person and that would be the end of it. Once I got the giggles interviewing someone and I can imagine Sherwood causing equivalent mirth...

3 hours ago, Simsy said:

Would love some people to start answering this post..

come on those who do not want him.. explain yourselves :)

Passion and tonnes of it, if he can pass it onto the players we could be on to something?

He could pass some of it onto the fans as well............. 

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Wassall deserves an interview, he needs to be allowed to discuss his visions, the formations and players he wants to keep, get rid of and buy.

Surely he would have discussed these things with the hierarchy already?

17 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I agree wholeheartedly. His interview should indeed have been what he's done at the club for years and in the role for month. Not an hour in Mel's office. 

I once interviewed with my manager for someone to work for me. She'd be on a temporary contract elsewhere in the department for 6 months and had done a brilliant job and I'd have hired her full time without interview if I'd been allowed. After the interview, my boss didn't want to give her the job because she was nervous! I told him he was a moron and I didn't care about the interview because I already knew she was exceptional at the job. And she proved to be the best assistant I ever had. For me, Wassall has demonstrated he's not the man and I don't see the point in keeping him dangling through the interview process.

Pearson's credentials are there for all to see. I worry that Sherwood might be able to blag a decent interview, but then again he could start talking about himself in the third person and that would be the end of it. Once I got the giggles interviewing someone and I can imagine Sherwood causing equivalent mirth...

Spot on, Carl. So Tim it is. :ph34r:

Pearson is that good that even some 'balloon heads' are betting on him.:D

I knew someone who was a very good teacher but incredibly nervous at interviews. He accepted a coffee from a Head and moving backwards, missed the seat, sat and drown himself with the coffee. He was later internally appointed by the Head that knew him to become Head of Department.

Archived