OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Commit yourself now, because if you do not want a manager of Di Matteo's quality and pedigree for Derby County, then you are batshit insane.

Indeed, as a manager Di Matteo has won, promotion from the Championship, won an FA Cup and won the Champions League. It's more a case of why would he come to Derby?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Di Matteo is also being linked with Lazio - he was in Rome for talks at the weekend according to some reports. It will be funny if he does turn Villa down what with Moyes and Pearson pretty much ruling themselves out of the race - wonder who they would go for then.

I've been pissin me sen reading this thread.

Names like Rogers and Moyes was banded about and people actually thinking managers like that would come here.

Those managers have managed good clubs in the prem 

Rogers = swansea, liverpool

Moyes = Everton, Man utd.

THEN, folks are saying they wouldn't want Martinez or di matteo here.

Martinez = everton & won fa cup

Di matteo = Chelsea & promotion with west brom 

Do folks realise that even though we may have a nice stadium and great facilities were actually not that big a pull to these good managers.

Tell me the last time we got in a proven, experienced prem manager to come here.

Lets be realistic here guys, we may like to think the likes of rogers and co would be tempted to come here but the reality is, until were in the prem theres no chance of it happening.

Pearson

holloway

Rowett

Thats about our range of managers at the minute i'm afraid

ANYONE who would not want Martinez or Di matteo here just need to go and sit in a corner and have a word with themselves.

Well on positive side of Phil Parkinson becoming manager, at least his post match interviews would be better than Wassalls 

image.jpeg

PistoldPete2
9 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

The Sun (via HITC) are saying Warburton is a surprise candidate.  Of course it being HITC & The Sun, there's nothing to substantiate their claims...

Since when has Warburton been a surprise name? Its been kicking around for months.

15 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Since when has Warburton been a surprise name? Its been kicking around for months.

I would be surprised by Warburton, he left Brentford because they decided to change their management structure to the same one we employ. He didn't want to work in that type of structure, so he left

I doubt he would entertain us, unless we changed our structure and that's before we get to the issue of prising him away from Rangers.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11748/9856384/mark-warburton-admits-his-brentford-exit-is-frustrating

52 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Tell me the last time we got in a proven, experienced prem manager to come here.

Mclaren? Maybe he hadn't managed in the Prem recently, but he proved himself over several years with Boro in the top league, got them into a European competition and won their first major trophy - he also won the Eredivisie with FC Twente.

I don't want Martinez here, but di Matteo might be alright, but I agree if his choice  is us or Lazio I think I can guess where he would want to go. 

37 minutes ago, SKRam said:

This is starting to compete with the EU debate.... Loving it, keep going people! Name names!!! 

Appointing a European coach will lead to plague, famine, pestalance (looking at you forest) and death!

No!!!!

Appointing a European coach is central to our vision of building a modern club and offers unrivaled opportunity to play the Derby Way!

No!!!!

You are being contemptible advocating a European coach because the European coaches that would come to derby are in fact uncontrolled and will dictate the kind of club we are for generations!!!

36 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Mclaren? Maybe he hadn't managed in the Prem recently, but he proved himself over several years with Boro in the top league, got them into a European competition and won their first major trophy - he also won the Eredivisie with FC Twente.

I don't want Martinez here, but di Matteo might be alright, but I agree if his choice  is us or Lazio I think I can guess where he would want to go. 

Was talking recently tbh, Mclaren was at boro years ago. On that logic we could put Hollaway in that category couldn't we?.

41 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Worried sick that Mel's going to make another crap appointment, which he's well capable of doing. Just go and get Pearson, It's the logical choice at this moment in time.

The logical choice doesn't always work.

Archived