Play like that for the next 9 games!

BottrillRAM

Hopefully! If we can continue this form in the next 6 league games and then hopefully in the play-offs we should be absolutely flying at Wembley (should we get there - fingers crossed!)

I'm not going to get too excited as it was only one performance but a stunning performance at last! That should hopefully put alot of confidence going into Bolton at the weekend, and we can really send a message out to the other play-off contenders! Also we've got to be happy to score 6 goals this season against the best defence in the football league (at least it was at the start of the game) 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

So where do we think the lads dragged that one out from, followingthe despair at Cardiff? 

I'll wait with interest to hear the reports from the full fans ☺

Tactically different, Martin was isolated at Cardiff trying to scrap of high balls. Tonight, Ince and Russel pushed up to play off/with him, and one of Bryson or Johnson pushed forward to link up play as well. The ball mostly went to Marin's feet tonight which is where he needs it to be to be most effective, or into the wider areas where he is able to bring the others into play. Also Christie and Olsson looked pretty good going forward on the overlap. In my opinion of course.

This Championship gets harder to predict. The form of M'boro during the is Karanka gone or going spell would have had you thinking they had blown it. Burnley, well they have drawn their last 3. Hull are floundering, but do have a easy run in on paper. Brighton, a hard team to beat but don't score many. Sheffield Wed currently flying, but are they due a bad spell, hopefully going into the play offs. I do believe now that only Cardiff can gate crash the top 6. I am hoping what happened tonight against Hull Darren Wassall as seen what we need to do to beat good sides and does not tamper with the style and tactics. This will see us eing the team to fear going into the play offs.

4 hours ago, WystonRam said:

Tactically different, Martin was isolated at Cardiff trying to scrap of high balls. Tonight, Ince and Russel pushed up to play off/with him, and one of Bryson or Johnson pushed forward to link up play as well. The ball mostly went to Marin's feet tonight which is where he needs it to be to be most effective, or into the wider areas where he is able to bring the others into play. Also Christie and Olsson looked pretty good going forward on the overlap. In my opinion of course.

All sounds good. And so simple! 

Now as long as Wass has the stones to keep the same approach to away matches....

7 hours ago, WystonRam said:

It also helped that we did not defend like 5 year olds at corners tonight

Credit where credit is due, Shackell was a rock tonight, but it would be unfair to single anybody out.

Also helped big time that GT was given the freedom of the iPro. As a result he could play further forward which released Bryson and Johnson further forward, and they were so much more effective because of it. 

Our first goal was all about the two midfielders; Bryson being so far forward he either panicked the last man into making a mistake or was simply there to capitalise, and Johnson breaking his balls to get into the area, the reward being a smash in from a couple of yards.

We all knew they had this kind of performance in them but  I despaired of ever seeing it again - it felt like 2013/14 again last night, zipping the ball around the pitch, attack after attack - fantastic.

Difficult to single out any one player but have to say Bryson was awesome - what a player we have in him.

This must give them belief that they can beat anyone in the top 6 -  it's time to keep a settled side and just go for it now - we have nothing to lose.

COYR

9 hours ago, HantsRam said:

So where do we think the lads dragged that one out from, followingthe despair at Cardiff? 

I'll wait with interest to hear the reports from the full fans ☺

Only half fan here.

Everyone is right in attributing our superb performance to Martin, Russell and Bryson playing close together and with lots of skill. And to Ince playing well on the right.

But they were allowed to do so because we had 13 players. Namely, Huddlestone and Livermore must have still had Derby shirts beneath their Hull shirts because they failed to close us down or to track back. Consequently this is the first time for ages I can remember the opposition allowing Martin and Thorne to play, and Bryson to run unchecked.

Certainly the best game I ever recall Livermore playing for us.

All played well last night, no poor or average performances, but Bryson - Wow.

That guy has some engine. He pressed and pressed and pressed and forced them into bad decisions all game. It was one of the best performances I've seen in a Derby shirt. Not only was his energy a factor but his passing and decision making was top class. He made run after run and if he didn't get the ball he was letting the players know he wanted it, and next opportunity he got the ball.

He set the tone. And he, Russell and Martin clicked again. It's taken a while but it was always going to with other changes to the team.

Lets just stick with this team now, no need to rush Hughes.

Finally, we whooped somebody. The atmosphere grew with the game, the players did that. Hats off to them.

52 minutes ago, Half fan said:

Only half fan here.

Everyone is right in attributing our superb performance to Martin, Russell and Bryson playing close together and with lots of skill. And to Ince playing well on the right.

But they were allowed to do so because we had 13 players. Namely, Huddlestone and Livermore must have still had Derby shirts beneath their Hull shirts because they failed to close us down or to track back. Consequently this is the first time for ages I can remember the opposition allowing Martin and Thorne to play, and Bryson to run unchecked.

That's pretty much my take on it.  No doubt we played very well, but they were as open through the middle as any team I've seen at Pride Park in years.  I've no doubt that Bolton will set up 451 and try to scrap and stop us playing.  An early goal will open the game up, but if not, it could be another game similar to the Forest game where we have to stay patient and take our chance when it comes.

55 minutes ago, Half fan said:

Only half fan here.

Both looked like they are payed a lot of money to stroll around the centre circle and pop into subway after the game.

It reminded me of the game where Bryson ran past Mousi for fun.

Let's not get carried away, YET! But that is probably the first game we have actually played like we know we can. Even when we were top of the league we was only scrapping results. Huge confidence boost for the players lets not throw it away against Bolton. Also the players actually looked like they were enjoying it which cannot be said many times this season

We wont play like that in every game for the rest of the season... main reason being, evey opponent is different, every match is different.

If you want to be successful you have to be good at winning, and making sure you dont loose in a number of different ways. I fear we are a one trick pony. Well played DW though on actually picking what appears to be the best XI for once.

Archived