Derby County vs Nottingham Forest

DarkFruitsRam7

Just now, uttoxram75 said:

I know what you mean about Johnson not winning a 2nd ball....he dunt seem to read the game very well.

I rate our most expensive signing of all time as the player with the lowest amount of natural ability in the squad.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he could do a job for us when I saw him playing for Norwich and initially when he first played for us I thought he was going to be a decent signing but I've got to hold my hands up, he doesn't appear to be the player I first thought. :(

17 hours ago, Reithe glas said:

Couldn't agree more. He's having a shocker of a season. The only thing that surprises me is that there's nobody on here leaping to his defence. The apologists had us believe that Bryson's return would result in magical edge of the box interplay. Well, Bryson's doing his bit,where's CM?

CM was the man bringing the ball down on the edge of the area and laying it off to Hendrick in the build up to the goal.

His other contributions to date this season are 13 goals and 8 assists, not even bothering to look how many headers he wins from opposition corners.

Might not have been his best season but to ask what contribution he has made in comparison to Bryson is ridiculous.

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I know what you mean about Johnson not winning a 2nd ball....he dunt seem to read the game very well.

My old PE teacher would say 'you're on your heels lad, you've got your thumb up yer arse and your mind in neutral'

19 hours ago, sage said:

You are looking at what you see with a pre-conceived agenda.

Would you like us to pick Bent instead? Blackman? Weimann?

No I wouldn't. I rate Martin ahead of those but only if our game is based on intricate exchanges around the box ... Bent maybe scores 1-2 goals v forest but is offside 5-10 times (plus he's completely demoralised and unmotivated at this point). Weimann is just woeful, and Blackman no idea.  We are starved for a quality striker. 

If I have a complaint about our "dealings" it's that for all our incomings we don't have a single lethal striker in the group - which is why until we get one, we may as well dip into the academy and see if we have a gem there. And I personally think we do. 

11 minutes ago, Ninos said:

No I wouldn't. I rate Martin ahead of those but only if our game is based on intricate exchanges around the box ... Bent maybe scores 1-2 goals v forest but is offside 5-10 times (plus he's completely demoralised and unmotivated at this point). Weimann is just woeful, and Blackman no idea.  We are starved for a quality striker. 

If I have a complaint about our "dealings" it's that for all our incomings we don't have a single lethal striker in the group - which is why until we get one, we may as well dip into the academy and see if we have a gem there. And I personally think we do. 

We have a quality striker but need to play to his strengths. To suggest he isn't is ridiculous. Look at his record for Derby and Derby's record with him in the team.

Zanzala is a very good prospect.However he is a long way from starting for Derby, especially on his own up front.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Based on what?! 

Don't really remember us creating any 5 yard tap ins.

I don't know... Olsson did put 2 beautiful crosses in.

That said, Bent's massive arse would've probably put him 3 yards offside.

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

CM was the man bringing the ball down on the edge of the area and laying it off to Hendrick in the build up to the goal.

His other contributions to date this season are 13 goals and 8 assists, not even bothering to look how many headers he wins from opposition corners.

Might not have been his best season but to ask what contribution he has made in comparison to Bryson is ridiculous.

I haven't compared his contribution to Bryson's, that, as you say would be ridiculous. The opinion I'm expressing is that Martin's having a poor year. For a team that should be right in the mix for winning the league I'm not sure that 13 goals and 8 assists is a great return for your main striker who's played practically every game. The point about Bryson is that his absence was given as a reason for C M's poor form and his return, it was suggested, would see a return to the Martin of the last few seasons. That doesn't appear to be happening.

13 minutes ago, Reithe glas said:

I haven't compared his contribution to Bryson's, that, as you say would be ridiculous. The opinion I'm expressing is that Martin's having a poor year. For a team that should be right in the mix for winning the league I'm not sure that 13 goals and 8 assists is a great return for your main striker who's played practically every game. The point about Bryson is that his absence was given as a reason for C M's poor form and his return, it was suggested, would see a return to the Martin of the last few seasons. That doesn't appear to be happening.

Scapegoat number nine, please.

36 minutes ago, Reithe glas said:

He has been directly involved 10 of our 15 goals since the turn of the year, in the games he has played in. With a hand in the build up of another 2. Once again what more do you expect of our striker?

1 hour ago, Reithe glas said:

no. Name Team  Goals

1 A. Gray Burnley 22

2 R. McCormack Fulham 19

3 A. Hernández Hull 16

4 N. Wells Huddersfield 15

5 C. Martin Derby 13

6 T. Hemed Brighton 13

7 F. Forestieri Sheff Wed 13

8 A. Judge Brentford 13

9 J. Kodjia Bristol City 13

10 S. Vokes Burnley 13

11 M. Dembélé Fulham 12

12 G. Hooper Sheff Wed 11

13 J. Rhodes Blackburn/Boro 11

14 N. Blackman Reading/Derby 11

15 D. Murphy Ipswich 10

16 T. Ince Derby 10

17 N. Oliveira Forest 9

18 B. Pitman Ipswich 9

19 C. Austin QPR 9

20 B. Afobe Wolves 9

21 M. Antenucci Leeds  9

22 D. Nugent Boro 8

23 A. Pilkington Cardiff  8

24 J. Mason Wolves 8

25 T. Chery QPRangers 8

COMPARE with EVERYONE else in THIS league for THIS season

18 minutes ago, Reithe glas said:

Can't believe the grief I'm getting for having the brass neck to criticise Martin. I know there are people out there who agree with me. Where are you? Give a brother some back-up here. I'm getting a wicked kicking!!

You'll sing on your owwwwnn 

30 minutes ago, Reithe glas said:
30 minutes ago, Reithe glas said:

Can't believe the grief I'm getting for having the brass neck to criticise Martin. I know there are people out there who agree with me. Where are you? Give a brother some back-up here. I'm getting a wicked kicking!!

Stick to your guns you are right.

Archived