Burnley Fans must be in dreamland

plymouthram

That Dyche bloke ought to be top of our list in front of Edwin Howe, Nigel Pearson and Steve Bruce as Clements replacement for next season. If our intention is to get out of this damn division Mel needs to set the wheels in motion now. Get somebody in who has achieved promotion to the Premier League before.

The "Derby Way" ain't working and never will.

Dyche has got Burnley flying. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
30 minutes ago, robglosta said:

Shackell must be in nightmare land having left them! 

Like Barker before him leaving Blackpool. Or Grant leaving Burnley. 

We seem to have this effect.

1 minute ago, GingerMourinho said:

I legitimately detest Nigel Pearson, but I think if you were to sack the fella you have got and appoint him, you would win the Play-Offs.

As it is, I can see Boro going for him.

Wow you'd prefer a gravel voiced cuckoo to Pearson bizarre

5 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Why would Dyche, Howe or Bruce want to come to DCFC, all managing teams above us in the league ladder, Pearson is also avaliable but all his key staff are working at Leicester and why would they leave

Wasn't aware of that mate, explains a bit of how well Ranieri has done taking the reigns off Pearson, I assumed it was his own backroom staff.

Steve McClaren is available again!

5 minutes ago, GingerMourinho said:

Wasn't aware of that mate, explains a bit of how well Ranieri has done taking the reigns off Pearson, I assumed it was his own backroom staff.

Steve McClaren is available again!

Yep, appartently it was a condition the Leicester board had when picking the manager, Claudio the only one to agree to it, of course he will probably get another team together but it might not be as effeictive, if he is a good a manager like people think it should not make the difference.

10 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Why would Dyche, Howe or Bruce want to come to DCFC, all managing teams above us in the league ladder, Pearson is also avaliable but all his key staff are working at Leicester and why would they leave

One word: money. 

Two more: more money. 

46 minutes ago, GingerMourinho said:

We are really lucky.

I mean, we are unbeaten in 14.

We have won 6 on the trot.

We have won 10 of the last 14 games.

We are the form home team.

We are the form away team.

We are the top scorers in the division.

We have the best goal difference in the division.

We have the top goalscorer in the division.

We sold our three best players before the season started.

Then again, we don't play #thederbyway

Hull, Boro or Derby could be unbeaten in 14, the same 3 could have won 10 of their last 14, been the in form home/away team or even top scorers of the division etc, etc. Seeing you have come on our forum and I started this blog, why don't you answer the question, did you honestly think with 9 games to go this would happen (are you in dreamland). I would be, because I never thought Hull, Boro or Derby would all be out the frame when you consider their squads and their form going into 2016. 

Burnley are the best team in the league. They have a great manager, made a couple of very good signings and shipped out their best players from the season before for a shed load of money. 

Well done to them, I hope they win every game from now until the end of the season. 

5 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Hull, Boro or Derby could be unbeaten in 14, the same 3 could have won 10 of their last 14, been the in form home/away team or even top scorers of the division etc, etc. Seeing you have come on our forum and I started this blog, why don't you answer the question, did you honestly think with 9 games to go this would happen (are you in dreamland). I would be, because I never thought Hull, Boro or Derby would all be out the frame when you consider their squads and their form going into 2016. 

We were pretty poor first half of the season, got tubbed 3-0 at Hull on Boxing Day, not lost since then.

I didn't expect promotion before the season started, it's very hard to bounce immediately back from relegation (the stats prove this) and we lost our three best players in Danny Ings, Kieran Trippier and a certain Jason Shackell. Our net spend has been superb, running at a profit even whilst still waiting on the Ings tribunal (which is rumoured to be between £8-10m) from Liverpool.

I thought your squad was the strongest, and it should be when you have spent £25-30m on it, and are paying Heaven knows what to the likes of Darren Bent. I thought it was sewn up when you got Johnson and Butterfield in particular as I know how good they had been in this division. I did have this nagging doubt about you not signing a real top tier centre forward though. When you were spending the amount you were, I didn't get why you wouldn't be willing to invest the £6m in Andre Gray (6, not 9 as the press continue to perpetuate) when you were splashing on the likes of Shackell, Weimann, Ince etc.

The bottom line is that the most important position is and always will be the manager, and this is where we have always been stronger. 

Respect for Burnley, they've built a solid foundation and have kept faith with a man who took them up 2 seasons ago, gave them some stick a while back but lets face it, they've been the most consistant.

Us and Boro on the other hand... are becoming a joke. although Boro do have time to put it right. 

Archived