Burnley

Spanish

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, we're fooking ugly.  I don't know how we get any points when all we do is hoof balls into the channels and run after it without any skill or finesse, seriously I'm not sure some of our players know that you can do something other than smash the ball as hard as you can or head it in the general direction of the opposition's goal.  I bet if you asked them to dribble you'd have to start handing out the napkins.

Every time we play we just hang on, rely on luck to keep the goals against column small and then a hoof, a chase, a shoulder barge, a shot and we've scored.

We're so predictable it's amazing none of the highly qualified coaches or highly paid defenders in this league have worked out how to stop us.

Just now, ClaretMatt said:

Yeah, we're fooking ugly.  I don't know how we get any points when all we do is hoof balls into the channels and run after it without any skill or finesse, seriously I'm not sure some of our players know that you can do something other than smash the ball as hard as you can or head it in the general direction of the opposition's goal.  I bet if you asked them to dribble you'd have to start handing out the napkins.

Every time we play we just hang on, rely on luck to keep the goals against column small and then a hoof, a chase, a shoulder barge, a shot and we've scored.

We're so predictable it's amazing none of the highly qualified coaches or highly paid defenders in this league have worked out how to stop us.

Not quite sure what you get out of coming on here to post a sarcastic diatribe against some of the more intellectually challenged dirge on the forum.

7 minutes ago, ClaretMatt said:

Sounds like our last promotion season. 

Not really bothered by burnleys position as promotion isnt necessarily our aim so they're not really our rivals 

Burnley maybe top but they need to remember performance over points is key to sucess.

Why be top of the league & hoofing it when you can put in such stella performance against wolves & QPR but still lose... (Didn't put it a stella performance we were crap and lost)

id rather play crap and win than play crap & lose 

Are we still laughing at them blowing 9m on a striker after we wasted 25m to be totally ****? If anyone has learnt anything in this league after watching us and Boro this season it's that cheque books don't mean ****.

I haven't seen a minute of Burnley play to be honest, so I couldn't possibly comment on their performances. They're top though, that's a fact. We have the better looking kits though!

No forum has more threads dedicated to what other teams are doing than this one, at least in the champ anyway. I haven't seen a forum for a team in the top half that has more threads slamming the club it's supporting either. 

We've a weird set of fans.

I still dislike Dyche though - for likely completely irrational reasons I haven't thought about it in the slightest. 

I caught a bit of last night's interview with Dyche on 5Live this morning and, apart from the Johnny Vegas voice impression, what he was saying about his strategy of playing attractive attacking football is pretty much word for word what Mel has being saying he wants for us.

It did make me wonder if it was a "come & get me, Mel" bit of self-promotion.

8 hours ago, ClaretMatt said:

Does your budget stretch to napkins?!

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Does your budget stretch to napkins?!

You can get them for free from McDonald's. Pay for napkins?! Are you mad over at Derby?! No wonder you can't afford to appoint a proper manager if you're spunking money away on napkins!

9 minutes ago, ClaretMatt said:

You can get them for free from McDonald's. Pay for napkins?! Are you mad over at Derby?! No wonder you can't afford to appoint a proper manager if you're spunking money away on napkins!

We're market leaders. We can afford to buy the McDonald's you're stealing napkins from

And to think at one point in December they were sitting 6pts behind us in 5th and most of this very forum was writing them off saying the gap was too large and it was a 4 team race between us, ull, boro and brighton - where is that thread? Would make interesting reading now.

Football has taught me many things but nothing more than to assume the season is done and dusted in December....

5 hours ago, Archie said:

And to think at one point in December they were sitting 6pts behind us in 5th and most of this very forum was writing them off saying the gap was too large and it was a 4 team race between us, ull, boro and brighton - where is that thread? Would make interesting reading now.

Football has taught me many things but nothing more than to assume the season is done and dusted in December....

It'll happen again next December.

And September. Remember the Brighton are too far ahead talk?

On 9 Mar 2016 at 10:07, ClaretMatt said:

Is it called " The Ginger Way" up there ? 

Archived